What's the deal with TR on Matherson?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DXtreme, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoffeeBreak

I was pretty impressed with the TR lastnight. We dropped from 38% to 27% in the evening then from out of nowhere jumped to 40% world pop and warpgated Amerish and Esamir back to back. I don't remember this happening since launch(at weekday primetime), but it was fun being in a huge VS style air zerg for a couple hours. But then we came to Indar and...well we all know what happens on Indar. TR got to that line, the Hvar, Allatum, Crown line and things went back to normal.

Personally, I think the current situation with population on Mattherson is just the same people alt jumping between TR and VS characters based on where they are currently fighting and which side is doing better.
  2. Kreslyn

Black Widow Company gets out there with cooperation among the TR outfits through ULTRA. Those combined ops can field a lot of troops besides what BWC musters which is usually 2-4 platoons for an op and 1-2 most days. Problem honestly imho is air power but perhaps I am biased being a pilot.

Everytime we run an op we know that within 20 minutes we will see huge groups of GOON, TEST, AT, GOKU etc show up. To be fair though most of them have a very low skill ratio per member. It's more of a zerg. I will give props to the NC alliance of SG CML BL as they seem to work well together. CML seems the more tactical of the bunch while SG works hard on practice of its divisions be it air, armor, commando etc. BL's seem alright also but I see a lot fewer of them.

I think part of the problem is TR's general dislike of TE. While I am no fan of them myself due to the foul crap that surrounds their outfit I realize we can work together to get **** done whether I like them personally or not. It's like a business relationship and there is no point in trying to ignore a 2-3 platoon force on your server. I can't say the same for everyone however... Negative press surrounds TE constantly it seems and it is almost like everyone is too afraid to even associate themselves with that kind of stigma. I think we need to get over it and work together. Nobody says we need to go out for beers afterwards... Just need to work together.

A large part of the TR force in general is infantry and in a vehicle dominated game. BWC was originally a GAL drop infantry force with taskforces that focused on those vehicles and we are just about to get full steam on them now that we have had some time for the game to balance out from launch a little. So I expect the tides to change somewhat as we progress.

Air power overall and numbers in general is the difference I think the NC and the VS feel. Less outfits but larger ones make it much easier to get everyone at a location quickly with less alliances to deal with it. Frequently I see BWC, AOD, and DOG with a couple TE guys in the air and that is about it. Out of all the outfits on TR Matherson I think BWC might have the only dedicated branch for air power. My apologies if I am incorrect to my fellow alliance mates but I just have not seen or been exposed to them.

TR outfits that want to join the team please look up ULTRA at www.ps2ultra.com and get in the fight with friends to support you!
  3. Two_Hands

yeah on helios its a mess. because of this mofo tobusus its vs 45% and tr like 15% some times. and dont get me startet on Amerish continent. its ******* empty all the time!!! i mean wtf?
  4. Negator

Hey look, other people disproving Hoon and the other conspiracy theorist twits.
  5. Kortez12

I think despite the TR's inter-faction issues however that we have it pretty good here on matherson compared to some other servers.

I do think some of the tactics TEST has been accused of using (For which NC I'm sorry that shouldn't happen) are really despicable but overall things are pretty good.

I do think it's really funny however that there are some TR that think an NC/VS alliance exists. If it does no one let me in on the secret.
  6. Bloodlet

I have no proof that this is the truth since I'm not a TR player but it does SEEM like this is the case. I know at times AT splits up and only uses enough force to take or hold an area while other squads or platoons are elsewhere. When fighting TE it seems like they "bring everyone" as Gary Oldman would say in The Professional. Maybe they just have so many people that it just seems like their whole outfit is in one place.
    • Up x 1
  7. Isila

TE regularly loads 2~3 platoons into galaxies and drops a single squad on each of 10 or so hexes. There are times you see them "bringing everyone"; for things like primary facility assaults, where there will be two or three squads on each spawn satellite to secure it before pushing the whole force into the base, or for when they organize mass footzergs to go from one hot location to another (I.E. Indar Bay Point) because, honestly, getting three platoons' worth of people geared up with Annihilators, engineers and medics is much faster than waiting in 30+ long vterm queues.

This is also why TE doesn't generally have much trouble busting biofarms, when outfits like GOON spend so much time getting farmed at the airpads because their libjockeys refuse to stop spamming zephyrs long enough to let their infantry inside.

A lot of it is standout memory effect. You don't remember all the times 12 people dropped on your outpost and kicked you out of it, you remember that one time you saw 120+ people footzerging across a field as a single coordinated force. Of course, if PS2 provided people with any incentive whatsoever to defend outposts, they'd see the piecemeal outpost drops more often. Usually it's just splattering the four or five unlucky sods who happen to be there while necessary hexes are captured to get the influence needed to assault the real target.
    • Up x 1
  8. Jadith

As a TESTie, the majority of our members either stopped playing after a few days or do not operate in any official capacity (on TS, coordinating with other squads/platoons). Over the Holiday season, we have been running about one platoon and our dedicated air squad, but that is it. It's a public outfit, with the only requirement being logging into a TS server and asking for an invite. The same tends to be true for GOON and TE as far as I have seen. The biggest three on Matherson look big, but the requirements for entry are pretty low, and so most of the members are just fluff as far as straight numbers are concerned.

As far as outfit coordination, well, TR Matherson is a joke on that front. NC and VS may not coordinate often, but we sure as hell don't disrespect the others in our faction. As far as TEST, AT, and GOTR on the VS side, we have a policy of noninterference for the most part. However, if we do see one of the other outfits organizing for something, our policy is to support the actions of our faction mates, not disrupt. The same goes for the Matherson NC, as far as I can tell.

As far as Matherson TR, lol. We consistently watch the various TR outfits here trip all over each other. Often, the go after each other to be the controlling TR force rather than cooperate or leave each other alone, at least. Like last night, a few of us got onto the crown arch with lock on launchers and completely stopped TE and BONK from advancing on the Crown. It was hilarious to watch them trip over each other for an hour while being picked off by half their combined forces. Once they finally managed to close on the Crown, we could only locate one sunderer, which apparently could only be used by one Outfit only.

And, FYI, GOON and TEST are mortal enemies. We would never work with those ********, but, the only thing we despise more than each other is TE. And that's the just the way it is on Matherson.
    • Up x 2
  9. Flarestar

TE doesn't generally have much trouble busting biolabs because the NC and VS outfits don't immediately retreat to the biolab from other bases entirely the moment we see a zerg heading our way. As a result, you're usually dropping in multiple platoon strength on a biolab that has a few squads inside it at most.

Literally every TE assault I've seen against a heavily NC or VS fortified biolab has failed, for the same reason NC and VS assaults against heavily TE-fortified biolabs fail. Once you pack enough defenders inside, the issues with rendering distance mean that you have to charge blindly into the biolab, and you typically get cut down almost immediately upon exiting the teleport room or walking through the air pad doors when the 20+ guys that were sitting waiting for you suddenly render, already aiming at the very small area you can appear in. It also doesn't help that fully a third of their outfit at any given time is busy spamming chat with trash talk instead of, you know, shooting.

Stop giving TE so much credit. Their "tactics" on the whole involve throwing overwhelming numbers at people. Earlier on in TE's existence, I will agree that I saw some coordinated assaults from them that were actually pretty impressive. Nowadays the only thing differentiating TE from a pubbie zerg is that they all have [TE] tags over their heads. The fight flows no differently.
  10. Bejita231

TR have by far the best coordination on matherson, anyone saying otherwise hasent played TR, every day i login on TR and there's atleast 2 full platoons of AoD and or Bonk on and they are actively working together to take territory, its always a back and fourth between sides, the only reason Vanu caps indar is because they zerg tons at 4 am in the morning and do ghost caps

We have crappy Tanks, we have crappy nerfed infantry weapons that dont match up to VS, we get slaughtered by NC maxs in close quarters and our maxs are terrible, but when it comes to coordination and dedication no one does it like TR on mattherson

Meangwhill i go onto Vanu and they have 5 public squads each with 4-6 people in them and no one talking in orders chat or anything, VS rely on their overpowered magrider swarms and middle of the night zergs to do anything, we take a outpost whill only holding 20%-30% of indar during primetime and gloat about "owning" Indar, i wish VS would be nerfed so these kids can just ragequit PS2 all together, id rather have a dying game than these pepole honestly
  11. A Tweek Snake

What's the deal with Matherson TR? What's the deal with Star Six Nine? Whats the deal with airplane plane fo
  12. DeadOnArrival

Yeah we appear to have bad blood between TE and Bonk. I am in Bonk and I have not really had to deal with it til last night, but TE folks kept killing me for no real reason. I totally understand TKing in a firefight, accidents happen and I can't say i get worked up about that, but when you just turn and hose someone down because they have the letters BONK or TE over there head? I don't care about my HORRIBLE K/DR it's more, I hate getting killed when i am in a max suit or in a decent position. I don't want to just start killing random TE people, most of them are decent guys. We have seen how well "reporting" something works. I know people in my outfit do it too. Right now c-4ing mossy's and blowing em when they leave the shield is apparently popular. I really can't say i care who started it, if your whole outfit needs to kill me once to get it out of your system, line the **** up and lets get it out of the way so we can move on.
    • Up x 1
  13. Destinatus

It's because our weapons are a joke.
    VS and NC weapons are superior in every way.
    When you aim and stuff and left mouse click, the person in front of you has to respawn.
    As TR you get to spray and pray that you win.

This COF for TR is ridiculous. Mini chain gun is a joke, most carbines are a joke. The only thing that works is the nighthawk.
    VS no bullet drop = all weapons are sniper rifles
    NC low COF = you actually hit stuff and win
    TR = respawn.
  14. Kortez12

Do TR really think there infantry weapons are bad compared to Vanu? Prowler yes is awful compared to mag and it needs to be fixed but infantry weapons? Really?

I would totally trade a negligible amount of vertical recoil for a larger magazine any day of the week. You are doing it wrong if you have trouble with recoil using a mouse. The no bullet drop thing is really just that. Does not matter for any engagement distance in this game. Perhaps if this was real life and 300 meter engagements with assault rifles actually happened it would matter but let's be real. The only Vanu advantage on stock weapons is reload time and I don't think that should be downplayed at all but as someone who plays both you are going to do the same using either or.

NC are the only ones with a right to complain about the state of the game right now and even that has nothing to do with their recoil rather their broken ESF and extremely low RoF.
    • Up x 2
  15. Apples

Many people seem to be letting bases get capped so they can assault them after for the certs. There also seems to be a lot of people going to continents that have little opposition for easy certs. Two rough ideas that may help:

1: Introduce a countdown before a territory will grant exp/certs for being capped by the faction that lost it. This would prevent larger forces from just pulling out, grabbing armor/air and waiting till the base was capped to just come back and capture it again.

2:I posted this idea on a previous date so you can read it here: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/help-encourage-balanced-populations.71332/
    • Up x 1
  16. Pacra

How long have the vanu kept Indar lock on Matherson so far? A week or so?

(also us goons in mumble are having a good laugh at h00n's tinfoil hat theories)
  17. h00n

Which has happened a lot in the past. I don't know about the past few weeks since I've stopped playing on Mattherson. I'm not a TE lacky, but playing as TR often puts me in the fight alongside them...against TEST and GOON in their vendetta to rage him.

Hell, last time I played on Mattherson I brought my squad to Esamir since Buzz said there was a fight. Me wanting a gunfight dropped onto Esamir and saw an army of TEST in some stupid vendetta against BCP for being racist. Yelling, screaming, etc.

GOON I can deal with, they're whatever. Previous posters are right, GOON is NOT enormous. They have a lot of members, but they don't field hundreds at a time. TEST does. TEST I hate. TEST is cancerous.

And I HAVE seen GOON and TEST work together against TE. It's great, everyone needs a bad guy to rally against.

Except the rest of the TR are just normal dudes who want a good fight, not some power hungry psychopath who raged a group of white knight wannabe 4chan rejects who never get out of scythes or magriders.
  18. h00n

Yea, tinfoil hat theories that stem from standing on a roof and watching the both of you ***** not shoot at each other.
  19. Kreslyn

They either work together or are blind. I literally have seen a NC and VS walk in a door together side by side at Ti alloys and shoot me. I have also seen a magrider and a vanguard side by side shelling the same location not 10meters from one another. How does this accidentally happen? Perhaps you can understand why the TR thinks you tag team us.

Sure it's not all the time but it's bad enough we always have comments on TS when we see VS and NC fighting it out on the south side of the map. Actually since I am thinking about this I have actually seen a lot more fighting between NC VS as of late but that is only in the last month or month and a half.

Still weird seeing a smurf highfive barney right after they both put a bullet in elmo's head.....
  20. Galantis

Nonsense, T5 carbine is deadly especially close range, but this game is all about who gets drop on who cause all these guns are spray and pray at close range. Difference is NC will kill you before you kill him in a straight up fight up close VS can spray and pray at further distance then TR and NC. What irks me is HA which is suppose to be charge in first in your face has horrible up close weapons. I use TMG 50 which has pretty nasty recoil and terrible hip fire, deadly gun medium range bar none but up close omg its horrible. Not that much skill required in this game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.