What's the deal with TR on Matherson?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DXtreme, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sifer2

Have not played my TR character on there in a week or two. Stealth nerf on the Carv didn't got that unnoticed so I don't doubt that caused some people to defect over to VS when they made the dumb decision to allow you to roll other factions on same server. And the VS did not need more people on Matt. Even if TR does take a lot of land it's also entirely pointless as most of their players are true east coasters. That is they don't play at 3 AM Eastern time they go to bed to prepare for work tomorrow. Where as since release the VS, and NC have always had 4 or 5 times the population in the late hours, and they just recap lost continents during the night. It used to be mainly VS that did that but now it's always NC so something strange happened there. I imagine the feeling of knowing you cannot hold a single continent lock for 24 hours has caused TR to give up. PS1 had this problem too. When you feel like your victories wont matter for long you stop caring.
  2. h00n

Really? So The Enclave has thousands of players all on the same page? How about GOON? How many people are a member of Something Awful?

If the Enclave had 600 members all on at the same time they would still be outnumbered by TEST and TEST alone.

Throw in GOON actively fighting alongside TEST and your argument is for naught. You are a liar, and a fool.
  3. Negator

Says the man that thinks Goon and test roll 600+ a night and work together lolololol
    • Up x 3
  4. Negator

and EVEN IF THEY DID, Goon and Test are conglomerations of internet forum nerds in an FPS. Not like I'm any better, but these arent exactly high caliber FPSers.
  5. Talizzar

Maybe that one big outfit has been spending more time griefing their own nation than actually capping stuff? Just sayin......
  6. h00n

Quantity has a quality all on its own, my friend.

And I did not say it's an every night thing.

I logged on to Mat tonight just to see what was up, only saw one TEST and no GOONs. It's not constant, but when a good fight gets under way, they're the culprits to turn it into a magrider spamfest or liberator blot out the sun festival whether TE is involved or not. It makes it unfun for small outfits who get mobbed by 30 guys + close air when trying to cap adjacent outposts.
  7. Xil

Goon and test are 'big', but Enclave is 'Big and Organized'. Enclave sticks together and focuses fire. What the TR outfits NOT running along Enclave probably feel is VS and NC avoiding the main Enclave zerg (running 3 platoons is not 'normal', but still impressive) and then getting overrun as forces pull out.

Where TR get annoyed at Enclave's focused pushes, NC / VS seem to be in similar issues.... not because the fights aren't epic.... but that SO many people crashing one area causes rendering issues to erupt. :/

I personally liked fighting Enclave, until enemies flicker in and out of existence...
  8. Clay Pigeon

Enclave just functions as a wedge. They clear out the hex they are in, but all the surrounding hexes are available for the taking.
  9. Bill Hicks

im on helios and im trying to figure out what you TR are doing. You seem to avoid the VS like a plague, and only attack the NC.
    The NC has been fighting tooth and nail, to keep the little land we got on Indar

The TR haven't been aggressively defending the northern part. No one want to attack that area because the TR have a ridiculous advantage in indar. All you guys do is try to take back the crown, and then slack off completely.
  10. Negator

What information are you basing your comments on? Is there a leaderboard for number of logged on people per outfit? or you seriously saying 2 outfits max the faction pop on a regular basis? Are you also ignoring the far that vs consistently have the lowest pop?
  11. Compass

Because we've had several VS Scythe hackers patrolling the Western front with us. One of the guys has a 50.0 KDR as of 2 weeks ago with 42 thousand kills. I don't know how you expect us to combat that.
    • Up x 1
  12. Bill Hicks

That sucks. hopefully sony gets some bans rolling. maybe then we can put some scare into the VS.
  13. Compass

Not likely. It appears that said cheaters are part of major outfits like HATE and DP5 and flying air support for their zergs at the moment. We've been reporting them for weeks.

I mean, if you look at this page:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/leaderboard.php?server=Helios

You should be able to tell who I'm referring to.
  14. Flarestar

What? lol. I can tell you almost precisely what TE is going to do from the moment they log on.

Look at the continents, find whichever Biolab they can get to fast enough, burn a path straight there, then start capping surrounding areas until someone shows up to fight. Then they collapse back to the Biolab, farm until people realize that it's virtually impossible to successfully attack a Biolab packed with 3+ platoons of defenders, and repeat as necessary.

The only thing that varies is whether or not they do Galaxy drops when taking the surrounding areas waiting on someone to show up, or if they roll in mass Lib/Mossy packs with a few ground vehicles for support. Other than that you can reliably count on them doing this, every time.
    • Up x 3
  15. Bill Hicks

Uggghh DP5 I dont have enough bullets for them. Hey were you in that fight for TI alloys earlier today? lol why was the TR coming up that hill?
  16. Compass

I flew a Liberator over it. Unfortunately, as we left the combat area, one of the VS botters shot us down :/
  17. h00n

Two outfits with over 1000 active players?

Math.

Also VS never consistently has the lowest pop on any server on the east coast.

But that's ok, keep your head in the sand, ostrich.
  18. Isila

I think tonight's Esamir: Mani->Amerish: Onatha->Mekala->Onatha (resecure)->NC Warpgate pattern puts the lie to a lot of the trash being talked in this thread. Just sayin'.
  19. MaximaneTR

On average TE only has approximately 100-150 players on during Ops. 8 to 12 squads (2 to 3 platoons give or take). 12x8 = 96. 12x12 = 144.

If you're talking 600 people, you are way off the mark. The most TE has ever ran with - which was during launch - was approximately 200+ players. It just "looks" big during co-ordinated drops.

Let's be honest here and keep the thread on topic. As much as people hate Buzz's personality and, by extension, TE, it's not TE that makes the TR on Mattherson bad. It is the lack of large outfits which can counter the large VS and NC outfits. There is a measure of organization in larger numbers which multiple VS and NC outfits can bring. While there are other TR outfits on Mattherson, they have an issue of either a lack of organization, or an issue of manpower. TE has both elements. It makes them more effective than the standard mom-and-pop outfit. It would be great to see other TR outfits either organize themselves more, or simply boost their numbers.
    • Up x 1
  20. Adaptus

Auraxian Axis is trying, we really are; however due to the lack of meta and OP air plus hex crashing among many other severe issues, our outfit has been bleeding members since before the holidays. We just don't have the manpower to really shake stuff up like we could do a few months ago. Its gotten so bad we may have to merge with another outfit if things continue, well if we don't all quit due to lack of dev response.

PS - Yes Test and Goon work together. H00n isn't insane or a troll, myself, my girl and most of my mates have seen them do this on several occasions. Its bad enough as is but if they manage to drag their respective zergs to us at once it tends to be fairly horrid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.