Whats so exciting about this escalation?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xipoid1, Mar 13, 2020.

1. The Shady Engineer

I think you're reading too much into it.

I took a break from Planetside about a month before DX11 and started playing again when Escalation hit. Meta is just as it was except with a lot more people. Zergfits are zerging, leet-fits are farming (usually defensive fights) and the bulk of people in the middle play exactly as they used to.

That said, while it sucks to have a nice back-and-forth fight over a base ended by a zerg, 96 people sitting on a point twiddling thumbs for 3-7 minutes means other territories of that faction are undefended and easy pickings. Hellzerging is a great way to lose alerts.

Personally I think more population is a great thing. More continents are open, there's action everywhere and most of my playtime is spent actually fighting instead of looking for a fight or trying to start one like it used to be. Yeah the 1-12 vs 1-12 fights are gone for the most part (at least on Emerald) but quite frankly, Planetside is the wrong game for that type of experience anyway.
  2. Johannes Kaiser

No. We captured Eisa a few minutes after Esamir opened. VS wanted it back (understandable). When they began throwing about 30 ppl at us, our NC forces in the location counted 8. And at the waprgate were 24-48, sitting there. After 15 minutes of fighting, we lost Eisa. One minute later 4 galaxies of BHO dropped and captured the base for themselves. Warpgate suddenly had no population at all...
    This isn't really open for interpretation. It is how it is.
  3. Shadowdev

Yeah I saw yesterday on Esamir skl sokars' (t)ard farmers' Bastion floating around while TR claimed base after base, not really sure of the purpose of the Bastion but it's fast way to pull a huge platoon out of the fight.
  4. The Shady Engineer

You know, I'm a firm believer in not attributing malice to what can be explained by incompetence or stupidity but 15 minutes to get a gal drop going is pushing it.

That said, a couple bad platoon leads don't change the fact that the extra pop we are seeing makes the game better both in terms of general gameplay and incentivizing development instead of just keeping the game on life support.
  5. Johannes Kaiser

You and me both, it is the NC we are talking about. :D But 15 min is just too unlikely to be caused by tardiness. Up to 5, certainly, up to 10 if the people in the piloting seats lose all sense of navigation and to around the map twice and everyone else is dumb as well, alright. 15 is....well...too much to be natural.
  6. Johannes Kaiser

On a positive note, from my experience the "leaving other peoples' bases hanging" mentality is mostly gone now that the big outfits had their first Bastion and the "need fast-fast" is over.
  7. Zer0Dawn

You do now thats NC and BHO at that your talking about.It takes time to organize anything in NC,first its all lot of yelling trying to get people to warpgate and in to gals,then some kicking then some more yelling maybe some killing few explosions and then and only then NC is ready to roll...yeah 15mins sounds about right ;P