What's everyone running with?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by innox, Dec 19, 2013.

1. innox

Since the patch with the change to a lot of the carbines, c4, and nanoweave what has everyone been experimenting with?
  2. Iridar51

Two days in a row they patched EU servers during prime time, so I didn't have the chance to run with anything, to be honest =)
  3. Paperlamp

I'm wondering if the TRAC-5 burst would be a decent mid-long range weapon on TR. If not, sticking to NC for the Mercenary. I've almost caught up to my Jaguar kills with it already.
  4. cruczi

I figured that since the jetpack is so useful for getting to a safe zone, I'd combo that with ASC. The faster I can reload shields, the faster I can get back to the fight.

My LA play hovers mainly around gaining position where I can flush enemies out of cover or surprise them. To keep myself alive, I don't do CQC unless I have to, I prefer medium range fights with a silenced 4x scope T5 AMC. I make sure I have some cover so I don't get into fights I can't escape from; and I always start fights on my terms and on my initiative.

For me, C4 is just a toy that I use if the situation calls for it, I'm not trying to be anti-vehicle much. I actually use it as a defensive anti-infantry weapon: if I'm being chased, I might blow it up behind me while escaping.
  5. cruczi

The patching today was done three hours before EU peak.
  6. Iridar51

And? So?

Edit: did a couple of runs with TRAC 5 with laser sights and x1 reflex.
    In big fights used grenade bandoleer with frags, in small fights ASC. Just wanted to experiment, as I feel I've neglected all of these for far too long. To my surprise, TRAC 5 turned to be a really strong hip-fire weapon.

I never really knew that, because laid it off as soon as I decided I liked this game and bought T5 AMC I've been drooling over for some reason, and that was almost a year ago =)
  7. Corezer

I run the AC-X11, I find it entirely inferior to my GCS (2x, SPA, FG, comp) which is better for infantry than when I ran the UBGL instead of the grip, but now I've got nothing for harassing maxes or to be able to actually fight when I am in flight.

Still needs to stop pretending it's a ranged gun, get soft points, and do good in close-mid with flanking styles due to its alpha.
  8. Efraim

been running with the extra ammo pack suit slot, cant recall the name as i have been drinking. Carrying 40 in mag and 360 in reserve keeps me busy for ALOT longer than expected. T5-AMC with Adv fore grip, comp, HVA and 3.4 red dot is my usual set up. sometimes ill swap to IRNV scope when in a bio-lab as i carry smoke nades.
  9. repairtool6

Grenade bandolier have always been my favourite suit-slot on pretty much all classes, but i have always combined it with the class-specific grenades (flashgrenade, emp, stun grenade etc. etc.). But suddenly i realised i should just use the normal frags instead.

The logic is so stupid easy that i curse myself for not trying it sooner, because it works very very well

In the same way LA is perfect for C4 (get up high, drop down the C4), they are also perfect grenade bandolier and frags.
    Spot a cluster of mofos -> Flank! Get up high. Drop a few frags -> profit
    Pick off any (badly wounded) survivours with my carbine.

Trust me, flying around with 3 or 4 normal frags for every life is awsome.
  10. ironeddie

I haven't changed a thing. Though I also haven't been able to play much.

I'm happy with my pulsar C, still seems to work. I didn't use nanoweave anyway so I'll just carry on with the ASC.

I do like to C4 tanks & if C4 really isn't going to be fixed quickly I'll probably switch over to using med kits.
  11. Alarox

Primary: Bruiser or Gauss Compact S or Razor GD-23
    Other Stuff: Advanced Shield Capacitor + C4

LA + shotgun is awesome and will always be awesome.
    The Razor is still the best overall carbine the NC have, I'm just close to Auraxium with the Compact S.

I've always used ASC on my classes but it is even better now that nanoweave isn't as common, and my headshots negate it anyway. ASC is just always useful and has saved me much more than nanoweave.

C4 is still amazing for killing everything. There's still the C4 bug going around, and more people are using Flak Armor, but so far it has still been effective.
  12. IsApro2000

i always loved my gauss compact s since its just an merc (with is a good rifle) with an underbarrel grenade, since splash damage can go trough spawnroom shields, ive got a lot of kills with the nades ^^
  13. Sandpants

Currently for open areas I use ACX-11 with ammo belt and drifters. I switch between smoke and flash, though I find smoke more useful in open fields. Allows me to escape. Ironically they still haven't fixed smokes deploying when you throw them from a high place.

For more enclosed spaces I just use whatever works. But typically ASC in the suit slot, and I switch between shotguns, smgs and carbines. I usually carry a frag nade just to give me that thing whenever I meet a bunch of people and I need to send them to the respawn screen.

A breach build involved flashes with grenade bandolier and C4. Still good.
  14. Dimachaerus

Grenade bandolier, flashes, c4.

Weaponwise I run either a suppressed SX5 smg (irnv, xtmag, supp) or a Phobos pump. Been trying out the NS carbine though for kicks, it doesn't sound vanu which is a bit of a nice edge. Pistol is my trusty Cerberus with laser and suppressor. I like to be sneaky.
  15. Megaman3300

Smokes, medpacks, armistice, ASC.