What would happen if base No deploy zones effect defenders.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Would it give both attackers & defenders even footing?

Would it improve map flow?

Would it encourage more field battles?

ALTERNATIVELY.

What would happen if NDZ for sunderers were removed?
  2. Newlife1025

Some bases would suffer from that, but I honestly can't tell of the overall impact. I tend to drive sundys into or near the point so that it's easier to get there, and we have more than one option of getting to our destination to prevent a spawn trap
  3. T.A.94

Once there were no NDZ for Sundis
    but it was a horror and almost impossible to defend in small fights
    cause of deployed sundis direct on or next to the uplink points.
    So the way how it is today is way more ballanced believe me.
    • Up x 3
  4. T.A.94

To make things clear i mean enemy Sundis at the uplink points.
    Forgotten to add that. :D
  5. LtBomber1

That time was without lattice, now you can better predict where the enemy will attack and place our sundi first. Still, having the NDZ is not bad at all, since squad/platoonspawn is still possible, jet not used often. Teamwork op, as allways^^
  6. Liewec123

most bases now already favour the attackers,
    DBG are deliberately moving capture points out of advantageous places (like tower points)
    they have even given the attackers sunderer garages to protect them from air, and even AV from most angles.
    these garages are usually close to the capture points than the spawn room.

defenders being able to preemptively park a sunderer near a capture point is about the only move that they have against the attackers.
    once the attackers get to the base they usually surround that base with vehicles.

also biolabs would absolutely SUCK!
    because you would no longer be able to park a sundy by jump pads and teleporters of your base.
    each death would mean a much longer run back to the battle, ofcourse the only other option is parking below the landing pads and using the grav lifts, but that is like shooting fish in a barrel, attacks from there very rarely work out.

please don't bring up the memories! my psychiatrist has only just helped me get over the trauma and the nightmares!
    but yeah, it sucked XD
    • Up x 1