What weapon should I get?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Redwave, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Redwave

After using the AF-19 Mercenary so much I am thinking of trying something better. I like running a Suppressor as my play style is more of a stealthy type and I'm tired of running a gun without Soft Point Ammunition. Anyways, I have been thinking of either the NS-11C or the AF-4A Bandit. The GD-7F is good but it falls short in farther ranges.
  2. cruczi

If you like using Suppressor, then longer range combat just doesn't matter.

I have the Bandit and it's reliable. Good weapon all-around, excellent in close combat with the ALS attachment. Its recoil is a bit hard to control, especially the first shot recoil, even at medium range, so it takes a bit of learning to be used properly outside of close quarters. Bandit's damage (167 / 632 RPM) is far better than the NS-11C (143 / 652), you'll definitely get better results with the Bandit. The only real downside with the Bandit is it doesn't retain its minimum damage at 125 like most other 167 damage weapons, but it drops down to 112 like with most 143 damage weapons. It's excellent anywhere from point blank to about 30-40 meters. Beyond that, the Razor would be better with its more controllable RoF, better damage dropoff and faster velocity.
  3. Rovertoo

The Razor is the best long range gun ever, land every shot and it has no recoil. The hipfire is very good too, so it holds it's own in close fights.
  4. Redwave

I'll be getting that too but I need a CQC weapon
  5. cruczi

The Bandit or any SMG will destroy the Razor in CQC. The Razor's RoF is just too slow to be competitive, and it lacks both SPA and ALS. Its movement speed multiplier for ADS is also 0.5, while Bandit and SMG's are 0.75.
  6. Redwave

So what would you recommend of a Carbine that fits my play style? You can say any including the ones I have not mentioned.
  7. Redwave

Then I will get the Bandit, thx.
  8. Redwave

But one thing though, isn't this gun like the AF-19 Mercenary because it has almost exactly the same stats, if so then I would pick the NS-11C.
  9. SeanFree

NS-11C is meh at CQC and doesn't work well with a suppressor as it's bullet velocity is already absurdly low. A good CQC weapon, as much as I dislike it, is the GD-7F. Bandit is a good choice but the bullet drop off at range is pretty absurd. I personally enjoy the Razor and Gauss S at medium ranges if that's more your thing. NS-11C is also good at medium range if you can hit headshots and slap on some HVA.
  10. Iridar51

Switched to NS-11C lately, and while the gun does a good job of sending all bullets to one point, low bullet velocity even with HVA makes it really hard to hit moving targets, which aren't even that far away. Suppressor would probably make the gun absolutely unusable.
  11. cruczi

Well, Mercenary is a good all-round weapon. Bandit is a close quarters specialized version of it, isn't that what you're looking for? The NS-11C is not a close quarters oriented weapon, it's just an all-round carbine that doesn't specialize in anything, while having the 0.75 ADS movement multiplier as all NS weapons do.

Compared to both Merc and NS-11C:
    • Bandit has better base hipfire accuracy (most importantly, stand/move 1.75 vs 2.00)
    • It has access to Advanced laser sight, making it nearly SMG-class in hipfire
    • It has slightly higher DPS than Merc (due to 632 vs 600 RPM), and much higher than the NS-11C (due to 167 damage per shot vs 143 at a similar RPM)
    • It has 0.75 ADS movement multiplier, Mercenary doesn't, NS-11C does
    • Finally it has access to SPA which extends the 167 damage range out to 15 meters (and improves damage dropoff for some distance beyond that), while the Mercenary will do 167 damage only out to 10 meters; SPA does little to compensate for NS-11C's damage characteristics, as it will still be just a 143 damage weapon
    • Only cons: the short reload is relatively long at 2.68 sec, and the damage is a bit low past medium range but still much better than with SMG's
  12. cruczi

Outside of close quarters, the Razor is probably the best carbine to use suppressed (560 m/s, access to HVA). In close quarters (i.e. your typical capture point buildings), it hardly matters what the bullet velocity is, even a suppressed SMG will be fine.
  13. Iridar51

Wish we just had ARs and were not forced to deal with this crap. 550 is the lowest velocity for them.
    • Up x 1
  14. Redwave

Then the NS-11C is off the list thanks for your information it made it extremely clear I'm thinking of getting Auraxian with the Mercenary then get the Bandit.
  15. Redwave

Me too Iridar, me too.
  16. asdfPanda

Same. I'd come back to the game if LA got ARs. The TAR could be my Lynx.