[Suggestion] What to do with Triage. Triage 5 video.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Sebyos, Jan 20, 2013.

1. sideshow

Did you test the rate it heals at at different levels? If you found out the average Sundy travel duration (base-to-base), and knew how fast it healed, you could decide how many levels of cert are worth it.
  2. Sebyos

To be honest after 24 hours of playing with Triage 5 I got a big mighty 200 xp so without any test I can tell you the only level worth it is the first one.
  3. Arcanum

Over a thousand certs for something like this is just insane. It's probably the most worthless cert-line in the game, spending the 100 initial certs already borders on useless. The wonders of padding unlockable content...

Since we won't be seeing a price change I'd like it to at least have more useful functionalities added to it. That is, instead of SOE adding new passive abilities you cert into they become features you get with new levels of triage. Let's say one day they add something (dumb) like healing people around a Galaxy by being a medic inside it. Instead of making a whole new ability they should just make it a new level of Triage... and so on for other new passive medic features.
  4. Turiel =RL=

Sorry mate, but it's the same thing. You are testing 100% worthless certs. Nobody cares about out-of-combat healing. There is no considerable downtime anyways, so you don't need to spend a million certs to speed it up.
  5. Arreo

But you're missing the point. We all can recognize that Triage is pretty useless, but there is a bit of doubt. I mean we can think it through and know that Lvl 1 sounds useless, but what about it maxed out? Does it suddenly get better? Or at least useful?

This guy graciously blew his certs on answering that question for us. And for that I thank him.
    • Up x 6
  6. Sebyos

Thanks it seems most people get the point. Besides I earned 20000 certs and maxed out everything I wanted to max. Right now I got 600 certs waiting for god knows why.

Obviously someone without 10k certs can't understand.
  7. Arcanum

If they play support/medic exclusively, sure. If they don't of course they won't understand. People who don't specialize(most players) and don't spend SC still have plenty of useful things to cert into at that point.
    • Up x 1
  8. Deathcapt

So, My idea for corpse drag is that you cert this passive system, and what it does is cause the medic gun to double as a corpse tractor beam. So the more points you put into it, the stronger it pulls people towards you, this can be useful, additionally, it would allow you to pull people while they're contemplating the revive.

That way, you're not choosing to drag or res. You're just doing both, with the option of continuing to drag someone if they're really in a bad spot or something, yes you could theoretically grief with it, by draggin people into the open or whatever, but it would certainly be no worse than simply shooting them, and you could only really pull people towards yourself, and they're already dead.
    • Up x 1
  9. Arreo

See, I really like that idea. Just think of the poor medics trying to res people who've died on the vehicle pads because there is a non stop queue of vehicles spawning after the tech lab has been taken.
  10. Turiel =RL=

Well, thanks a lot. He has proven what everyone in his right mind already knew from reading the description: It's worthless!

Now let us test the Flash-timer-thing. If you got zero respawn time on the Flash, can you pull more than 37 before you run out of ressources?
  11. Kugelfisch

How about:
    When healing someone with the med tool, you get healed aswell.
    First rank could be 5% of what you heal the other person and so on maybe up to 25%.

It would work as a passive ability, would be useful and is not OP. It would at least be pretty useful. Healing people in a vehicle is pointless, keeping the medic alive isn't.

Or let healing someone increase the rate at wich your AOE heal recharges.
    • Up x 2
  12. James Seth Lynch

We had this and they removed it. I think it was called "empathetic healing" or something. I really do wish they put it back in though.
    • Up x 2
  13. ShadeOfChaos

I simply throw out bursts of regen, it does the job, albeit not as good.

This seems to be the best ability in my eyes that wouldn't be overpowering, cumbersome nor useless. In fact I rather like this idea, cuz we all know that feeling of players declining a res cuz why spawn in a battlefield with less than 100% health when there's a spawn point 50m away.

I looked at this, and thought it might be a good idea... Then I thought about the reality of things and went, nah.
    Thing is, did you see how slow that Triage healed in the video?
    Basically, if you'd want to heal people around your vehicle with it, you'd need to drive at walking speed. Which is just... awful really.

Not to mention people running onto the road to get near the sundy and getting run over by a tank not seeing the poor bugger. :/
    • Up x 1
  14. NovaAustralis

Considering the cert cost of Triage, making it into an area of healing around whatever vehicle the medic happens to be in, with greater speed and range of healing according to the level of Triage - IS A GREAT IDEA!
    Now medics can operate a vehicle's weapons or drive it and still get some XP for healing people, like they should.
    I'm all for battle ambulances!
    Get on this SOE!
    • Up x 1
  15. DeadLamb

I don't think Triage is totally worthless as some have mentioned.. Ok fine, it's not great but if one mains medic I still think it's worth a couple of levels at least. It pays off when rolling in gear other then the sundy..

Like my outfit does a lot of galaxy drops and many times you need to just GET in and leave due to the gal coming under and by the time we are at the next drop, everyone is back to 100% health. Same for if I'm rolling as a gunner in a tank.. the ENG can get out and fix it, take some hits himself but again, back in and healing up. .

don't get me wrong, as the vid in the OP shows it's far from a great way to dump your certs but being it's "all we have" I think every medic should at least get the first level or so, it's pretty cheap.. Of course, I would dump it in a second if we had some sort of beacon option that healed people, even if dropping the healing beacon cost resources.
    • Up x 1
  16. Lucidius134

Thanks for the post and such. Might be better off if you made your own Wikia page like mine, that way if any more ideas coems up it can be dynamically added to the page and to help avoid people reposting threads with the same ideas. Medic could really benefit from some sort of re-adjustment of mechanics. Rezing isn't enough.

Question, does it heal the medic too?
    • Up x 1
  17. VKhaun

Healing is for after fights, not during.
    I do not want to see defensive buffs of any kind in my Planetside2, not on rez, not 'casted', not of any kind.

Making a fast TTK game into a slow TTK game is not 'fixing' anything. The problem with medics is that everyone plays them like 'healers' from RPG's instead of like MEDIC soldiers.Every medic I see in-game is running around with his tool out, and tries to rez me while they're being shot, or tries to heal me while I'm being shot. Most medic threads I see on the forums are saying they wish they could do more... PUT YOUR TOOL AWAY AND SHOOT PEOPLE.

RANT
    Dead enemies do zero damage. Pinned enemies take fewer shots. Windows you smoke have fewer people who can shoot out of them, and those people are using 1x scopes (HSNV). Firing bullets brings attention to you and your position instead of your ally, mitigating the damage/fire going at them. Using a heal tool to make your buddy GLOW GREEN AND GET SHOT AT!!
    /RANT

Because of my opinion of the medic class, I like the idea of alternatives to the heal tool. A triage station that heals slower, but allows you to drop it and go back to your rifle is an idea I like very much. I worry about the 'glow' though, and it could be used to stand in while using the F heal to give the medic himself a lot of regen.
    • Up x 1
  18. Moukassin

great post! i agree with all these ideas! especially the extra health (like in TF2) and the ability to drag a body is awesome too.
    triage isa joke! we need something more fun.
    • Up x 1
  19. Lucidius134

Agreed.

Part of the issue for myself (can't speak for everyone else) is keeping the rezzes quick. IN the battlefield games, when you died it would show you your team mates and medics would glow. Peopl needing revives would glow when they called out for one. PS2 lacks this down player to medic communication and alot of the times, it's important to keep people present at a fight but they may just spawn elsewhere. If they improve this sort of information between medic and soldier it would greatly help people go "should I spawn or not?"

It's annoying to lose strength from a base defense because we lose SCU and people dont want to wait for a rez, spawn at a satellite base and then we're out of even more defenders.
    • Up x 1
  20. Knarfis

Nice write up Sebyos,

I have always wondered about the Triage thing. But I have also been told that its just not worth it.

All your ideas are great and I have suggested the drop-able pad myself. Actually the Triage tree would be great if it the actions was replaced with the drop-able healing pad. Keep the name, change the action. Or, lets go deeper here, replace the healing nade with these drop-able pads. The greater the level here the more pads one can carry. They have a very small range stock. The Triage cert tree extends the "bubble" of healing around the pad itself to allow a larger AOE of the pad. Now lets not get to crazy here as the pad is not to heal to much or replace the medic tool at all. Its a small helper, nothing can replace the medic tool as far as speed over time in the amount of healing it can do. But the pads do help "patch" troops up

I completely agree with giving an incentive for waiting for a rez. That is a wonderful idea. And allowing to drag a body should already be in the game as it is. What war scean do you not see people being carried to a safe place to get patched up?? The corpse drag action is a must and would greatly increase the worth of a medic on the battle field. Both of these ideas go hand in hand for both the dead player and the medic.

The TTL (Time To Live, Yeay now I know what that means finally!!) is really absurd in this game. People die just way to often and extremely fast. Oddly enough people are ******** about having certain aspects of the game buffed to kill even faster. Its crazy. Currently if an enemy farts on you, your dead. What next?? Death by spotting?? "I see you, and now you are dead." An ugly teenagers dream to play that roll.

I have been playing my Medic more and more and I have really started to enjoy the class. It is quite limited compaired to its Engineer brother but it is still fun to play

Lets make this things happen. I am all for all of them and would like to help get the attention to these ideas to SOE as best as I can.

Knarfis
    • Up x 1