What to cert next?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by oTec, Nov 22, 2015.

1. oTec

[IMG]

Kinda wondering what's best to get next.

Either:
    - Attachements for gauss saw/nc1 gauss rifle / af-19
    - Sunderer upgrades
    - Certing engineer class (although i don't use it often)
    - Upgrading hunter cloack (Often hunt snipers who shot me <.<)
  2. WeRelic

Based on (what I assume) you have, and your list of options:

Medic:

Max out your heal tool, then either get a new medic weapon after testing in VR, or finish certing into attachments for your current weapon. After that, Adrenaline Pump is a good (and cheap at 30 certs) purchase to help you get to friendlies faster, and Flak/Nanoweave might help you stick around a bit longer in more hectic fights. Revive nades are also a worthy purchase.

Engineer:

Max out your tool ASAP regardless of loadout. If you decide to go with an AV build, tank mines and utility pouch are a must. If you decide to go with more of a pilot type loadout for vehicles, cert into your tool and flak armor, and possibly an archer if you want a slight damage bonus after a vehicle goes down, though a more traditional weapon would be more versatile given you survive the crash.

Infiltrator:

Hunter Cloak is a good choice if you like to snipe.

Look into Stalker Cloaking if you like stealth, but aren't much for sniping. You lose your primary, but if you're stealthy enough, you can easily hunt down those snipers. Use a Hunter QCX and your choice of knife, decloak, shoot the bow, then knife immediately. Dead enemy.

Sunderer:
    Having a well certed sundy can seriously increase your cert gain with little extra effort on your part. If you go this route, going for max stealth or max deploy shield is probably the most traditional loadout, though gateshield diffuser can be really good when used at the right time.
  3. breeje

in stead of upgrading hunter cloak for hunting snipers upgrade stalker cloak
    it's way better and more fun to hunt down snipers
    i always use the Halloween knife :D
  4. oTec

Yeah i mostly get the zoom and 1 &10 cert ammo upgrade on the standard mounts but was doubting to either get the deploy shield or the armor for the sunderer.

Haha xD Yeah but i mostly just snipe them back. Although stalker cloak looks fun but i hate people who use it <.<. I often see and kill hunter cloakers but stalkers seem to be completely invisible and just camp a corner and wait for you to stand still and then headshot you with those NS pistols. Bought a darklight strictly for those annoying point campers.
  5. breeje

yes the cheesy ones, we have all been there shame on us
    but there are other ways to use the stalker in a positive and fun way
  6. Azawarau

Im going to step out here and attempt too introduce you to the wonderful world of dual MAX Falcons....
  7. oTec

Maybe, but 70% just uses it as a troll device.

Don't think i've ever pulled a max... <.<
  8. Azawarau

Oh wow

Try it in the VR room and see if its a possibility for you in the future

Dual Falcons and dual ravens and the shield are the shining points on NC max suits
  9. Leftconsin

This site helps track a lot in game pages out of game.
    http://ps2.fisu.pw/cert/?name=oTek&page=1
    I think you might enjoy CQC Infiltrator, but it is a little expensive to get into.
    EMP Grenades.
    A submachine gun. Buy either the NS-7 or the Cyclone.
    Grenade Bandoleer.

If you want something very useful now I suggest Tank Mines. Just get in the habit of falling back a base when a large zerg shows up and set up your mines. Put them in the Sunderer barns or on the road where enemy tank groups are about to show up.
  10. oTec

Don't often use it, don't really like the slow pace. Easy to get c4'd or AP shell to the face. I did pull it once it seems, full 4min of use
    >.<.

I'm actually trying the stalker cloak right now, not really a fan of cqc since the hunter cloak is quite easy to see within 20metres. Might get AP mines, but i'm testing it out right now. I did buy AT mines on my other acc but i don't seem to get many kills with them, but i see other people really doing well with them though.
  11. Eternaloptimist

Personally, I get to level 4 on my armour of choice (or cloak of choice for infil) then max out the tool that gets me most certs (ammo box for engi followed by repair tool, healting tool for medic, overshield with NMG for HA and recon tool for infil).

Then a sight for my primary plus any other suitable goodies (foregrip for autos, straight pull bolt for BASR, SPA, comp etc.)

After that, my choices are class specific. I run AV Mana turret for engie, burst pistol for stalker infil if not already available (TR) and top end BASR for hunter, a high RoF AR for medic, G2A lock on RL for HA.

Then max rank nano or flak. After that I start playing around with new primary weapons

Generally I focus on getting each class to where I want it before moving on. But then I am a bit OCD - whislt I switch class to suit the needs of each battle now (they are all maxed to my choice) I use dto play one class at a time obsessively, then move on.

I can tell you one thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,engies are massive cert earners. If I'd realised that when I started I would have started there andearned the certs to max out all the other classes a lot sooner. Big battle + Maxed ammo pack = Profit