What the hell is happening with/in the game right now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haquim, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Haquim

I just played for 30 minutes and I don't think I ever had a session like this.

A lot of enemies simply didn't render when they should, most obvious when I watched the landing spot of a jumppad - the enemies didn't jump over they just rendered 2m away from the landing spot, already in ADS and guns blazing.
    Didn't only happen there though... its really great running somewhere in search of an enemy and suddenly to get shot from all sides, including those one just checked for enemies.

Quite a lot of enemies also didn't seem to take as much damage as they should, but bad hitreg is well known...

Apparently the average TTK needed to kill me is rather normal when I'm looking at my enemies, but when I'm looking elsewhere, or maybe turn around to run away into cover I get a whole chunk of hits at once finishing me off instantly, and leaving me no chance to react at all.

Speaking of which, about half my deaths came with a nice *DING* sound for headshots, but according to the Recursion Stat Tracker only 5 out of 30 deaths were headshots???

A third of NC apparently has transformed into demigods that are impossible to kill, since they snap around and kill me instantly the moment I try to kill them from behind....

I also met 2 really obvious aimbotters, one NC and one VS.... the VS one being a BR48 and named PS2realaimbotsilent or something of the like.....

Maybe my connection was rerouted through the 7th circle of hell for this session, but goddamnit.
    Either all the subtle cheaters we might or might not have decided to make a last not so subtle party before Battleeye finally hits live,
    Or DGB really have to ******* fix their ****. Because even if my connection went through hell it still only had 60 ms, so its NOT me.
  2. breeje

yes it happened to me to
    i was flanking with no enemy's in sight and all of a sudden i was in the middle of a big group
    all shooting at me

in the next base i did see bullets flying to me but no players
    and it's always fun when i play my infill and some HA spawning 5 meters before me
  3. EPIC389

Thats latency. There is something about turning off something related to the firewall but i forgot what it was.
  4. MuffriDer

5. rockhead101

Why does it only happen to some people? Do you have to have a fiber connection now to play the game? It keeps getting worse and worse. I can't play anymore. What can I do?
    • Up x 1
  6. Haquim

I can assure you, having fibre does not protect you from this.
    Because I HAVE fibre. One of the reasons I'm so sure the problem is not really on my end - if you have the best internet you can get, that can hardly be the problem.
    Except of course if having good internet ***** you up... and I believe SOE/DGB would manage to do that...
  7. LeFitz

Oh no... I am getting a fiber connection installed this morning especially to be able to play ps2 again. Here go vanish my hopes...
  8. VelesCRO

LOL!
  9. Eternaloptimist

I'm getting lots of lag hitches (mostly soon after logging in) and an uptick in the 'lag death'..............get behind cover to avoid incoming hits, think you're safe and then fall over dead. All since the construction patch was loaded. But I also went onto Windows 10 about the same time.

I've also started to notice vehicles, nd aircraft in particular, disappear when I shoot at them and then reappear. Heard about this before but never actually seen it until recently.

It's kinda ironic this all started just after I saw the announcement that server optimisation was starting on the EU servers that I play on although I don't know if that is related to the issues I'm experiencing.