What the absolute F*** is going on?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Oct 4, 2020.

1. karlooo

Receiving 150 Nanites per min (heavy spam).
    Some weird missions that have nothing to do with the main objective of the game, which is Helping your team Win!
    Like for example defend some drill, follow some weird convoy, retrieve some "information".

Like I've been playing this game for a pretty long time and even me, I don't know what the hell is going on. What's the point of this? Is it some sort of test?

Also almost every single new base on Esamir is just terrible. Logically it doesn't make sense why would anybody be interested in capturing these ruins. For example: "The Traverse". It's basically a completely destroyed bridge, designed just for vehicles to cross the man made ditch.
    So why am I jumping on these platform like a complete moron trying to capture the middle of the destroyed bridge?!

Or "The Ruins". I understand it's purpose, but it is a pitiful attempt to implement construction into the game. It rarely works.
    Ok how about this: How can you stop a zerg? A brutal army that has accumulated and is just pushing forward with an unstoppable force. Well construction may be the option but you CAN'T because it doesn't have enough (manually) controlled anti-tank guns. There you go devs, I gave you a hint on how to give construction a purpose, I'm not going to talk about it in detail here.

Another pointless change: Harasser cost increase. This is an ineffectual nerf (not including the 150 Nanites per min). The cost isn't the issue. The problem is how infuriating it is to just deal with this vehicle. How tough for how small and maneuverable it is, pinpoint perfect accuracy - best stabilizer, how the gunner can switch to the back seat and repair, etc...

All the cost increase does is negate the Harasser's use as a cheap fighting vehicle, when players with low Nanites could pull a Solo Harasser for supporting.

Anyways the corner of the Esamir map or Shattered Warpgate is pretty fun and interesting to fight at. I've fought there occasionally when the the fight was large and it was refreshing. Cool combo of vehicles, infantry and construction all working together.
    A nice change to the repetitive clusterfuk capture the point fights.
    • Up x 1