What Style Do You Play?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by UNBR3AK4BL3, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Corezer

Yolosoloswag

Razor with silencer and foregrip,
    underboss with laser
    max JJ
    max medkits
    max nwa

I get in a good hiding spot and kill people.

Turbotrolling

GCS with 1x, comp, UBGL, and SPA
    Commish with laser
    Max JJ
    Max c4
    Max grenade bando

I get in an unexpected crossfire position and soften up enemy pushes as they engage my team with AOE/finish off enemies that take cover, and I air raid maxes after they take cover for repairs.

boringshotgunbuild

Mauler with extended mags,
    magshot with silencer and laser
    max JJ
    max medkits
    max nwa

I noticed I had like 200 kills to aurax this before I got bored of using shotguns, from back when I used the same computer I played PS1 with so I kinda had to use them. Now I just wanna get the medal. When I am finished I will trade out the mauler for an SMG and remake this into a tower build, most likely the blitz since I already have the AF4 auraxed
  2. R3dBeaver

why do people seem to use C4 for MAX/vehicles exclusively?

most of my kills are from clueless group of infantries below me.... drop a pack of C4.... BAM!

Pure joy.
  3. JaceArveduin

Because I see MAX's a lot, and my one whole brick of C4 is my only "answer" to them. I'm one of those noobs that focuses on one class at a time, though I have picked up a few really cheap things to help my engineer/lightning, since those get used when I'm with the squad.
    • Up x 1
  4. NeverSayDie

I have three TR LA loadouts I switch between for different roles - far as I can recall offhand, the details are;

• Close combat with Jaguar (laser/NV sights/SPA/flash suppressor?) - very good hipfire accuracy, NV always good for seeing through clutter.
    • Longer range with T5 AMC (4x/compensator/foregrip/HVA) - pretty decent at medium range, don't actually use it much anymore.
    • PA shotgun with Blackjack (reflex/laser) - picked this up because folks complained so much about shotgun fairies I figured it must be good, even without a flashlight. It is indeed very effective, though only at very short range - handy when jetpacking around folks or guarding places from solo LAs and infs.
    Same other gear for each - L4 nanoweave, regular jetpack at L5, recently C4.

I've finally certed into C4 recently, only managed to hit a handful of Maxes and vehicles, but it's damned satisfying. Does it do much good against grouped infantry? Would have assumed the splash damage/AOE was pretty low?
  5. MajiinBuu

LA Sniper.
    Thanatos with slugs, 4X scope(the one with simple crosshair). It's really good, 2 headshots is easy to pull off at close-medium range.
    Ammunition belt, lots of heads popping. It's still a shotgun, so you won't ping on the map from very far at all.
    Maxed jump jets. This method is useful in all places, and it's still effective when engaged close up.
  6. MajiinBuu

LA Sniper.
    Thanatos with slugs, 4X scope(the one with simple crosshair). It's really good, 2 headshots is easy to pull off at close-medium range.
    Ammunition belt, lots of heads popping. It's still a shotgun, so you won't ping on the map from very far at all.
    Maxed jump jets. This method is useful in all places, and it's still effective when engaged close up.
  7. R3dBeaver

pretty low but when they're tightly grouped together (capping flag or camping spawn room) it's definitely effective.
  8. Thrustin

Pure joy is when you see one of those disco ball maxes obliterating your entire team and you sneak up from behind and blow them to pieces, with C4.

Believe me, I've died so many times from T-bagging the max corpses out of pure satisfaction.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ceskaz

Thank you for confessing your lack of maturity.
  10. InterSpectra

I main LA and rarely change builds. Potting in my FPS? I'd rather blow myself up! This is a jack of all trades build that does not focus on survival nor TTK. Then what does it do? I don't have the answer but Michael Bay does.

Salmon:
    "Light Assaults are like Salmon of the sea. They fight against all odds to reach their destination just to blow their load, but whether or not they succeed perish in the end."

Solstice VE3 [Suppressor] [Foregrip]
    Manticore SX40 [Suppressor] [Laser Sight]
    Nanoweave (max)
    JumpJets (max)
    Dual C-4
    Frag Grenade

I've been running Foregrip on my Solstice since Beta and won't be changing that ever. It's a handicap I'm willing to live die with.

• Up x 2
  11. TomDRV

Light Assault, with 3 loadouts <UPDATED>

Applies to all:
    Grenade: Frag
    Ability: Jumpjets L6
    Utility: 2 C4

I always use suppressors as my LA play style is always get behind/above the enemy. Some may disagree with the NS 7. But I find it's perfect for LA.

Close-combat - standard loadout, use it for short to mid range combat
    Primary: NS 7 PDW
    - 2x reflex
    - Extended mag
    - suppressor
    Sidearm: TX2 Emperor
    - Laser sight
    - suppressor
    Suit: Ammo belt 3

Assault - Used for mid-long range combat.
    Primary: T5 AMC
    - 3.4x HDS
    - Adv foregrip
    - compensator
    - High-velocity ammo
    Sidearm: TX2 Emperor- Laser sight
    - suppressor

Night - night.
    Primary: NS-7 PDW- IR/NV
    - Suppressor
    - Extended mag
    Secondary: TX2 Emperor- Laser sight
    - Suppressor
  12. Scumdog6

Mostly use sweeper, (or another shotgun) and c-4. Pouncing from rooves or sundy hunting.
  13. Commando235

I mainly try to do a support/mobile gunner loadout
    I usually try to push my squad forward or take up the front to defend

Primary- Serpent VE92: 1x or 3.4x, foregrip (strange choice but it works), and SPA
    Secondary- Commisioner or Underboss: laser sight
    Utility- Medpack
    Suit- Flak or nano weave
    Grenade- Frag
  14. pavelman

I advise beginners class infantry modernization. resourcesas if not needed.:D
  15. Epic High Five

I abhor CQC combat so I tend to jet around until I find unfairly advantageous positioning and then use a high velocity, high damage, low ROF carbine to bring people down. The Razor is my absolute favorite carbine in the game, but I'm now moving on to the X11 which is...less efficient at just about everything, but still a lot of fun and is a real hoot if you catch someone within 20m and land some headshots. If I have to go elbow to elbow with people, I'll usually pull a slug MAX as they are MUCH more suited. If that's on cooldown, I'll pull a Bruiser.

Other than the weapons, my loadouts are generally:

Desperado w/ laser and supressor
    2xC4
    Max Jump Jets
    Max Ammo Belt
    Frag Grenades

I maxed out the ammo belt a long time ago for the X11 (which desperately needs it) and now I pretty much can't live without it. It's amazing how many more kills you'll get when you don't have to worry about conserving ammo and can just lay down some hurt.
  16. Armcross

Adrenalin pump, drifter, and C4
    running around just to find something to blow.
  17. OldMaster80

Fast flanking:
    LC3 Jaguar carbine
    Restoration kit
    Ammo belt
    Smoke grenades
    Jumpjets

The idea is to disturb / harass the enemy with smoke and firing from unexpected locations.
    I wish I could have the Adrenaline Pump as special skill, that would help somehow.