What Style Do You Play?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by UNBR3AK4BL3, Nov 9, 2013.

1. UNBR3AK4BL3

What Style Do You Play? And what do u use? just wondering :)
  2. Selrahc4040

Personally, I go for a team-oriented build.

Main Weapon: Trac-5s w/ 2x Red Dot Sight, High-Velocity Ammunition, Compensator, and an UBSGL
    Secondary: TX1 Repeater Pistol (This gun's a BAMF. Comes stock, and it's just a low-damage SMG.)
    Tertiary: C4 (I use it mainly for Sundy Hunting with squadmates, we're all LA's.)
    Ability: Standard Jumpjets. Fully maxed out, these babies go for days.

The Trac-5s lets me cover my teammates with smoke and rounds from a decent distance away, but unfortunately sacrifices a bit of my ability at closer ranges. Most of the time I use the UBSGL to cover the sides of Towers, so that almost no-one knows where to shoot as we rush up.
    • Up x 1
  3. eldarfalcongravtank

solstice sf with hsnv scope, ubgl and sound suppressor
    manticore with laser and sound suppressor
    nanoweave4
    max (normal) jumpjets
    medpacks (defensive loadout) or C4 (aggressive loadout, against vehicles and maxes)
    normal grenades (flash is underpowered and smoke is useless since everyone has hsnv)

i dont play lighty that often but usually this is the loadout i use
  4. Gundem

Once again, Berserker(This thread was just up here o_O).

Nova, Extended Mags, x1 Reflex/Thanatos, Extended Mags, IR/NV/Serpent, Stock/VX6-7, Adv. Laser, x1 Reflex, SPA
    Lvl 4 Jumpjets
    Lvl 4 Nanoweave(I plan to replace it with something more useful, like the 'Nade belt)
    C4x2 Bricks
    Manticore, stock(Hardly ever bother to use it anyway)
    On my Heavy, I haven't certed much, but I generally go with

Flare, Forward Grip, x3.4 Holo(My favorite scope in the game)
    Lvl 3 NWG(I know, I know, y u no cert Resist)
    Lvl 3 Nanaweave
    Nemisis G2A Launcher
    Manticore , Stock, again.
    Rejuv Kitx1(I plan on adding more certs)

Overall, my playstyle leads to a much lower K/D(I have a .65 ATM), but I find it to be an immeasurably more enjoyable experience then Spawncamping, Spawnshield Warrior defending, or cowardly Sniping.
  5. Kronic

CQC skirmishing is what I try to do the most. For that I use:
    Jag w/ adv laser, HS/NV, soft point or Lynx w/ same attachments.

General rooftop camping:
    Jag (same as above) or T5 AMC w/ 2x scope, Adv Grip, HV Ammo

I used to use the Trac-5 w/ 1x, laser dot alot as middle ground but I just use the Jaguar for that these days. NS-11C w/ 2 scope, laser dot, HV ammo is nice too.
  6. Iridar51

I tried everything there is to try, and confirmed that I do best in ranged combat, so I prefer low dps/high precision solutions, like T5 AMC with grip.

I'm good at mind games, flanking groups and individual players, so element of surprise helps me compensate low DPS of my gun, even at close range. I often use suppressed weapons to further help me with that, it's effect is barely noticeable on T5 AMC.

My hip fire aim isn't so good, and I tend to freeze and stiffen in CQC, not even sure if it's my PC or my brains, guess I'll have to wait for optimization to find that out :p
    Anyhow, because of that I tend to shy away from CQC weapons like SMGs and shotguns, unless I really want to feel the romance.

I roll with nanoweave 5 on all my loadouts, I survive with almost no bars of HP often enough to love that.
    I use fully-certed Jump Jets on all loadouts, drifters never really appealed to me. I feel like Jet Pack without upward thrust is like a car without wheels.
    I use 2x C4 on all my loadouts, because of the abundance of MAXes and tanks interfering with infantry battles, as I want to make their lives as miserable as I can for robbing me of all the fun.

I try to operate not too far from allied forces, so if I'm wounded or out of ammo, I just retreat to heal and restock, so I can do away with ammo belt and medkits.

Still, I prefer to work solo, joining allies only to cap objectives, as grounded LA is less useful than any other class.
    I just jet pack around, flanking and killing whoever I can without too much risk for myself.
    I try to go for objectives if I think I'll have a good fight while doing so, but there really isn't enough incentive to focus on them entirely.
    I wish planetside had alternative game mode, in an intanced zone with very limited vehicle access and equal number of players on all sides. I don't care if that would make PS2 a battlefield copy or whatever, I just want to have good casual infantry gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  7. harmypants

[IMG]

Drifters all the way, baby.
    • Up x 1
  8. UNBR3AK4BL3

All your load outs are awesome guys and i forgot to post mine (i am only level 18 so not many things are upgraded)

Blitz: 3.4 scope and laser sight i love the blitz :D
    NC4 mag shot: stock
    Jump Jets 3
    Nano weave 3
    stock grenades
    1 C4 haven't unlocked the 2nd one
    I jump around a lot i love towers as LA is so good at attacking them so i have fun on them especially the support bits connecting to the landing pads i get a lot of kills there.I like hunting sundays but i don't like that 2C4 doesn't do it :/ i really like being sneaky as a LA its really fun.
    im currently saving up certs to upgrade my AC-X11 gonna run the same load out but with extended mags it will have high velocity 2x sight suppressor and a laser sight so cant wait till i get those.
    im also going to do a sweeper load out :D still have to decide what to give it :D

all suggestions are welcome and keep the load outs coming they are really interesting :D
  9. Copasetic

Depends on where I'm fighting, but usually it's

Lynx, adv laser, silencer, NV or no optics
    Emperor, laser
    Max jump jets
    Max adv shield
    Grenades, sometimes flash grenades if I feel like wasting some resources
    2x C4

Then I just run around like a crazy person.
  10. ironeddie

Jump jets 5 & advanced shield 5. Both work great for me & i don't feel any sense of urgency to max them out.
    Standard grenades & C4 of course.

Weapon is serpent ve92. I went carbine thinking I'd get slightly longer range over an smg. I use VMS 3.4x scope, forward grip & soft point ammo.

Commissioner for well just the fun of it really.
  11. LownWolfe

speakers turned to 11 blasting Feed Me- One Click
  12. R3dBeaver

Nanoweave4
    Serpent with silencers, soft ammo, and 2x scope
    Jump jets
    C4x2

playstyle? the suicidal style. the flanker guy who uses camo to sneak between (not behind) enemy midst in the middle of chaos and just wreck some **** up. bonus point for blowing up tanks or sundies.
  13. ShumaKun

I play more aggressive then before. My main loudout is:
    Serpent, 1x reflex, forward grip
    NW5
    JJ
    2xC4
    Underboss
    I only change this loudout now when there is good fight for pump action shotgun. I fly lib as LA a lot now,
    I'm bored with lack of updates for LA
  14. ZeroErrorz

REAPER:
    blitz
    magshot
    extra ammo
    default cloak
    1 regen pack

basicly a reaper pack i called it,basicly it wreck everything as fast of a blitz light,i rememberd clearing a stair way of 3-4 people by shooting and knifing em it , the extra ammo actualy are kinda usefull when camping, hell those 1 mag left actualy save my life a LOT in an unoticible way, as for the resto pack its kind of a mistake by me to buy it but still its usefull A LOT,just dont try shooting in medium range it will get you killed by exposing your position, always stays at the side flank and wait for an enemy or two running then start chasing them ,that way they wont relise quick enought your there by the time they got shot,also always shoot and knife if posible IT WILL HELP U A LOT hell i even got 5 streak with the knife that way.

PODDY
    :m20 mustang : use 1.25
    breaker pods : use thermal
    auto repair
    speed frame
    flare

basicly an anti infantry hunter, also the reason i use speed+auto repair is to make the thing good at hit and run strategy, as i learned the hard way flak make you havin the pride of being stronger and make you die most of the time cause of it, as for auto repair dont rely on it as much they do what they do but self repairing is faster and safer (also FREE CERT),and remember this is a reaver not a tank so ITS NOT DESIGNED TO TAKE HITS,the reason i pick m20 over the rotary is to help snipe infantry when in range,and the 1.25 optic is a more versatile when used to defend ur self from enemy air, as for the LOLPODS well.. i think everyone know what it does..
    but the other use for this loadout is for engangin LIB and GAL if you can land those rocket on them it will bring em down really fast, combine that with the range of the m20 it will give you some safety from daltons (HATE THEM)
  15. MikeyD

Sostice VE3 with suppressor and 2x reflex sight, forward grip. 5 ASC, 6JJ, 2xC4, should really get flashbangs- - All around build, could go a higher ROF carbine but i prefer the extra engagement range most of the time. A balanced hit and fade build

Nova with Slugs and extended mags and 4xOGS scope 5 ASC, 6JJ, medkit- -Squad support/marksman build, could possibly go NV5, I've got ASC, i dont have NV5, we'll see after the NV balance changes. I should have gone with it earlier however i couldn't justify maxing NV as well as ASC on the same class.

It works pretty well as a quasi scout rifle. Difficult to hit moving targets at range due to the slow round speed but effective enough in the right hands. It's also loud and encourages the LA to be aware of there surroundings and possible enemy LOS on their location.
    However it is lethal against any non moving target within effective range.

This applies not only derps but also infils, corner/terrain campers as well as Engies, Medics(crouched repairing, healing etc) and anyone using ADS are noticeably easier to hit. Easy enough to remind them that stopping is suicide and hence scaring them out of doing what they are supposed to. I've seen a Max eat combined small arms fire and die because the engies repairing them kept eating Nova slugs and thus being chased away from repairing the Max.

With the NV changes most targets will go back to being 2shot with a headshot or 3 in the body. :) If it takes more than that you are probably outside effective range (though still quite doable, if they are scoped for an example)
  16. Bankrotas

Flanker, only style that helped me max out my ACX-11 performance.
    • Up x 1
  17. Naelyan

depending on the situation i will either flank to weaken enemy positions, hunt spawning point (beacons/sunderers) or defend the rooftops to counter enemy LAs.

_CQC to Middle range
    AF-4 Cyclone (1x reflex, extended mag and soft point) / LA3 Desperado / HE grenade / 2*C4
    Jump jet / nanoweave

_Versatility
    NS-11c (1x reflex, forward grip and high velocity ammo) / LA3 Desperado / HE grenade / 2*C4
    Jump jet / nanoweave

_Serious flanking (specializing in dispatching group of players as fast as possible)
    Gauss compact S (1x reflex, Grenade launcher and high velocity ammo) / LA3 Desperado / HE grenade / 2*C4
    Jump jet / grenade bandolier
  18. Poorform

Ac-X11 with 3.4 scope. Stay at range on roof tops and pick off folks with soup can bullets. Carry 2 C4 for large balls of enemies or armor. Pretty much stay as mobile as possible and rolling with jump jets and extra ammunition pouches because I always seem to run out of ammo when playing LA. Nothing...absolutely nothing worse than running out of ammo in a perfect high flanking spot with tons of clueless enemies around just begging to be headshotted. I learned my lesson after that happened for the 100th time, nanoweave wasn't worth it.
    • Up x 1
  19. Unclematos7

Primary: Shotgun.
    Pistol:Underboss
    Grenade:None
    Ability: Jump Jets
    Suit: Adrenaline Pump
    Utility: 2 C4 or 2 medkits
  20. Qasar

Short to medium range lone wolf flanker.

Current weapon: Solstice VE3 with foregrip, 2x reflex, and flash suppressor. (Already have Auraxium on Serpent and Pulsar C. I actually rather like this weapon more than the Pulsar C for ADS medium range shooting thus far.)
    NanoWeave 5. Until the changes to NW, there's no substitute for my play style. Once the changes go in, I may or may not switch to Advanced Shield Capacitor, depending on how it works out.
    MedKits. Lets you stay on the battlefield longer. I either avoid MAX'es or just flank and shoot them in the head then move again. I stay away from vehicles. Honestly, more often than not, they're nothing more than a nuisance and can be ignored and avoided.
    Maxed Jump Jets. I prefer having the vertical options open to me.
    Frag grenades. I understand the benefits of having the other 2 for crowd control, but they're more of a squad support option, in my opinion. As a solo player, an area affect DPS grenade is better than one designed for crowd control followed by target callouts and focus fire from multiple shooters.
    Commissioner with laser. When I run out of bullets on my main gun, this gets me back to ammo or spawn for resupply and takes out most things in my way. As long as I'm not aiming like a blind drunk duck, anyways. Some nights...