What Should I Get For The Suit Slot?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by RayDrazon, Dec 31, 2012.

1. RayDrazon

I've been thinking about getting the ammo belt as I often find myself running out of ammo. It's not like I waste it or anything; I just have lot's of people to shoot at.

I often penetrate deep into the enemy base and hang around the roof tops, shooting down and killing oblivious players one by one. (A good example would be at the Crown killing unsuspecting engineers repairing turrets.) As usual, my kill streak of 15-20 people is halted by the fact that I run out of ammo. That's why I'm considering the ammo belt suit upgrade.

From the description, it seems like at max level I get an additional 120 extra ammo. (I use the Serpent) With that, my kill streak could probably double ;D

The only other experience I have with suit upgrades is the one for Combat Medic and for that, I chose Flak Armor simply because it suits that playstyle. I don't know what best suits LA though from what I described above.

Please post and comment below. Thanks.
  2. Dreadmaster116

Im pretty sure in your case that the best idea would be the combat belt.
  3. Pat22

I got the ammo belt a while back and I can't seem to live without it anymore, unless I'm building some loadout that requires a specific suit, like a grenadier loadout would probably have the grenade belt or a CQC shotgun loadout would either have Adrenaline Boost or Nanoweave.

In addition, for those unsuspecting engineers fixing turrets, I find they're excellent targets to use your pistol on ( get a silencer for it ). Since they're not moving, sticking several rounds in their heads is no challenge and it saves on your main weapon ammo for other, more important and harder targets.
  4. RayDrazon

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it out.
  5. Mrasap

I play with a shotty, hit and run style. I found out the only time I'd loose health was when I was already weakened from a previous fight, not when I was at full armor. I figured the faster shield recharge would suit my style most and I have never regretted it since.

I rarely run out of ammo because I can usually scavenge from enemy engies before I run out. Enemy AA maxes attract alot of ammo and a shotgun eats through maxes in a single clip. Also, don't forget your beamer and your knife on easy targets.
  6. Wreckus

You can resupply from enemy ammo packs? o_O
  7. jak

Yep; always a nice surprise when you kill an enemy engy that he left you a present!
    • Up x 2
  8. PartNinja

I suggest getting nanoweave, ammo belt, and grenade bandolier. Use each depending on the situation. I use nanoweave when I'm just zerging towers or cap points. Ammo belt when I jump up to high points and snipe with carbine/slugs. Grenade bandolier when I'm running noobtube+grenades+C4 when you need a lot of boom.
  9. Krona

Grenade bandolier.
  10. Chancellor Gowron

I personally use the shield recharge. If you and an enemy 'trade' shields and disengage for a bit, you can attack again with your shields up while theirs are still recharging which can be a pretty significant advantage.

I'm definitely considering the ammo pack as well though because when I'm behind enemy lines for a while I often end up with nothing but my knife.

There are definitely times when I want the extra grenades, like when you sneak up on an enemy AMS pumping out troops you might as well have a couple more to toss on them before popping the C4.

Nanoweave is good if you just want a straight up numbers advantage for when you have an enemy right in your face and you can't really make use of the other more situational ones.
    • Up x 1