What non-combat THING do you want to see added so badly it hurts?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Epic High Five, Dec 3, 2013.

1. RHINO_Mk.II

Galaxy options, such as:
    Vehicle Re-arm
    Vehicle Repair
    Ground Vehicle Transport
    Squad-only Spawn Point
    AWACS
  2. Aldaris

And there's two very simple fixes to that. People can't spawn in above a certain altitude or while over a base. Have ground vehicles blow up or deconstruct if they're on an airpad or on top of a base. Problems solved with one minute of thinking while still allowing Galaxys to carry vehicles. You're welcome.
  3. Cab00se187

One minute of thinking, years for SOE to code
  4. Torok

Dome Shields

I want the Real Octagon, not that joke we have now.
  5. GrayPhilosophy

Voice macro 6 (i think?) = taunt
    Kind of a battlecry. but also kind of lame.

Another vote for weather effects.
    some more neutral colours for camos. Faction specific colours are fine, having patterns is also fine. But I currently have the choice between a series of environmental camos that all look fine and dandy, or a bunch of over exposed bright coloured faction camos. I'd feel like a walking shoot-me sign if I were to wear those. That's saying a lot when I already have glowing yellow lumifiber on my suit.
  6. treeHamster

And how do you code "on top of bases"? They managed to make no-deploy zones around spawns and certain parts of major facilities but most of the bases on these continents are unique (though built using only a handful of unique buildings). That means they'd have to go in and manually create "no-deploy zones" all around the continents. Still that won't fix ALL the places either.

We can't even get them to fix BASIC issues such as the Lancer charging issue that has been there for 7 months. You REALLY think they're going to make special no-deploy zones in all the bases?

The simplest thing to do is simply not allow Galaxy's to transport vehicles in the first place.
  7. treeHamster

OH OH, how about a "your welcome" message in the voice commands? "Affirmative" sounds so generic and not responsive to "thank you".
    • Up x 2
  8. treeHamster

Ground vehicle transport...there is NO way that couldn't be abused to all hell and back...

IDEA DENIED!!

Squad-only Spawn Point...that already exists, it's called a spawn beacon. If you mean in-vehicle squad spawn, then they are already considering it and it would be MASSIVELY over abused by platoons/outfits (think Galaxy @ the flight ceiling as a spawn point).

IDEA DENIED!!

AWACS...you mean radar? That could easily go into the utility slot and wouldn't imbalance the Galaxy at all. Nor is there a way that it could be abused. It couldn't have more range than 100m though or it'd be too powerful.

IDEA APPROVED!!
  9. Prudentia

Galaxy utility.
    Currently the Galaxy only exists in the meta (yeah that strange thing everyone wants) has no use outside of tactics. And Skywhaling, i also want a buff to skywhaling.
  10. Prudentia

all depends how it would be implemented. if the Galaxy would just land on the vehicle and drop it again it would be easy, if you had to load the vehicle in from behind, it would be different, try to unload a 8 meter vehicle out of a 30 meter Whale while standing in the 5meter courtyards SOE likes to create in bases.[/b][/size][/color]
  11. FateJH

Do you remember what people's reactions were to Magriders being able to 'burn up the face of the Vanu Archives mesa and spawn camp with a HE rounds? That's the kind of abusive behavior to which he is referring.
  12. Conflictt

• Weather effects
    • Better vehicle POV (Can see your arms etc)
    • Better voice overs, they're in the game but unused for some reason
    • Continent Locking, If i get any more Indar sand in my boots I'm going to lose it.
    • DECALS NOT BEING COVERED BY ARMOR
    • Outfit Decals
    • Being able to change vehicle load out by returning to a terminal. (Going to a landing pad to re-arm for anti-air) Best way to do this IMO is make it take some time so you cant instantly do it, and maybe a very small amount of air/vehicle resources.
  13. treeHamster

Exactly. Do you REALLY want Anchored AP Prowlers on top of the Archives with some support engies and an Ammo Gal that comes along to resupply every 10 minutes?

It would create an area of denial that stretched from Allatum, all the way to the Crossroads, then south to Peris.

If a Magrider got on top of the Archives these days, even the TR and NC would laugh at it...right before they obliterated it. If a Prowler got on top of the Archives, air wouldn't be able to get within half a click.
  14. Prudentia

yes... thats exactly what i responded to, where is the problem?
  15. Aldaris

It's simpler to just make Pong instead of PS2. Doesn't make it the best idea though. Obviously don't add the idea until possible obvious abuses are resolved, but that doesn't make the idea a bad one.
  16. treeHamster

They tried added walls to the Esamir bases and so now tanks just roll up onto the mountains next to the bases and shoot over the walls.

You are making the assumption that the devs are actually smart enough to see ahead of abuse problems. As we have obviously seen, numerous times, they have zero foresight.
  17. BengalTiger

I'd say it's a matter of not knowing much about warfare. Some forts are good, others are pretty ridiculous.

Outfit logo decals, the ability to change the loadout of a vehicle, the Galaxy being able to swap passenger seats for a cargo bay that would fit everything up to a Lightning in size.
  18. treeHamster

Most of Indar seems to have been made with the base either build next to a hill, or in the middle of a dried up lake bed. Esamir isn't much better.

It really just goes to showing you how CLUELESS the devs really are.
  19. Bvenged

Drawing on the map for PL's.

A clock so we know what Time of Day it is on the continent.

The ability to have 8-squad platoons.
  20. Ziogatto89

What do i want to see more than any game content? SERVER TRANSFER!