What news on Oshur and Searhus?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alphie_SN, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Alphie_SN

I don't usually scan these forums, but before DB bought PS2 from SOE, SOE announced that Oshur and Searhus were in the pipeline after Hossin. Is this still the case, meaning are we going to see these new continents or has that been scrapped?

[IMG]

Thanks in advance,
    Alphie
  2. Neo3602

Just FYI DBG is SOE.

Edit: Also there have been no word on either of those continents as far as I know.
  3. Pikachu

They haven't released any news about new maps since autumn 2014, at which point they were experimenting with different biomes for battle islands. They did remove the Searhus props from the PTS files last month or so though, untouched since added spring 2013.
  4. Scr1nRusher

They are going to be fixing the current continents for now.
  5. DarkStarII

If the game lasts long enough we may see something, but I doubt it. It'll need to last for a very long time.
  6. Taemien

Revamp Indar, save the old file.

Put lava and stuff on it. Call it Searhus and move old Indar to the Newbie side replacing Koltyr.

Koltyr now becomes an instanced skirmish continent.. aka a battle island for outfits or teams to see who's better outside normal play.
    • Up x 2
  7. Abraham with Cheese

Easy way to make a volcano continent.

Take Indar.

Fill in all canyons, valleys and even some of the slopes with lava, and change the overall color to a more ashen gray or really dark brown, almost black color. Make the sky really cloudy/filled with ash, and reduced render distance from ash-filled air.

Add Amerish trees to the small green outskirts of the map, mixed freely with large rock spires from Esamir (maybe a different color), and then make some lowland ocean-side parts swampy like Hossin.

Don't add bases, only add major facilities. Everything else can be player-built when base-building comes online. Huge, wide-open spaces between facilities, no bases between except those we build ourselves.

Boom.
    • Up x 1
  8. Shiaari

Daybreak didn't buy SOE. Sony Corporate sold SOE to a venture capital firm named Columbus Nova, and SOE rebranded as Daybreak Games Company.

It's the same company. Different name.

As for Searhus and Oshur....

*The lengthy pause is accented with muffled laughter.*

Sorry. I needed a minute there. We can't talk about additional continents until we first create a playable game.
  9. Moridin6

nomnom
  10. freeAmerish

A new continent wont bring money. So they have probably more interest in things that bring money.
    Maybe we will never see a new continent.
    • Up x 1
  11. Alphie_SN

Thanks for the replies everyone. I miss the huge Cyssor bridge battles and Ceryshen alpine mountain battles the most.
  12. Kristan

Especially in the middle at the Dropship Center. Everlasting love triangle, worse than Crown fights.
  13. asmodraxus

Ahh the happy times playing as VS at Fortress Leza in the SW corner of Cyssor
  14. Trudriban

Oh how I love the naivety of many of us here on the forums...

They're not coming. We got lucky with Hossin and even that ended up being the least populated continent of the four. The devs (however many are left) are not reading what we post here. All that's left now is the backlog of NS models they've yet to release and then they'll look for a reason to shut the game down and start work on another money milker.

Very negative for what I usually post, but alas even though my will was iron, it is a rather brittle metal...
    • Up x 1
  15. McMan

Fifth continent? ARE YOU CRAZY!? Even hossin is not needed.
  16. theVelvetAlley

Some of us are tired of fighting on Indar and Indar-snow.
  17. OldMaster80

It took 1 year to have hossin ans almost the same to have Koltyr. Are you kidding?

The fastest way to have a new continent would probably be to have an empty one maybe with 3-4 big bases like tech plants or amp stations and all the rest for the construction system.
    • Up x 1