What NC engineer primary is the best?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Zombie Rainbiows, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Zombie Rainbiows

I've been specing into my engineer a lot favorite class but idk what is the best primary weapon dont have a lot of certs so i decide to see what you guys think
  2. funhole

Fistycuffs
  3. Vetala

Personally I like the GD-7F for close up and the warden for mid to long so very much depends on your play style, I know some love shotguns but I can't get on with them.
    • Up x 2
  4. Frizz

Gauss S + GL is nice.

Especially when you can resupply yourself with nades.
  5. Ryekir

The GD-7F is great because it is accurate and has the hightest fire rate. My problem with this gun post-beta is that it no longer has access to the 2x Reflex (seriously? c'mon!), the compensator, or the underbarrel attachments. But throw a foreward grip and some soft-point ammunition on it and it's very deadly.

I've been playing around with the Gauss Compact S, and I am absolutely loving it; I would recommend this as the best NC Engineer weapon simply because it is so versatile. It has access to the most weapon attachments, so you can fit it out for different needs. The grenade launcher alone makes it worth it.

This seems to be very temperamental about when it actually works. Some days it'll work for me most of the time, and other days I can't ever get it to work. :(
  6. Frizz

Yea, you never know when you're going to shoot a dud-grenade =(

On the up-side: a few times that's happened the person who took the shot was so surprised they were still standing that I was able to switch back to the rifle and finish them off =)
  7. MasterD

Mana Turrent
  8. Ryekir

I was referring to the ammo packs actually resupplying the grenade ammo (it only seems to work about 50% of the time). I don't generally have problems with my grenades landing and killing people :)
  9. Kaoschan

What i saw is that if the ammo resupply bug hits your nadelauncher it actually adds more ammo to your maingun.
    I had 30/151 ammo in my maingun and my nades didn't get resupplyed until i respawned.

I'm currently testing what causes this resupply bug
  10. JDCollie=VX9=

If you can aim, the GD-7F can easily compete with anything but a shotgun in CQB.
  11. ytman

For mid to long range I love my AC-X11.
  12. ron1n

GD-7F or you are nerfing yourself.

Some people will say crap like 'ohh I like using this because it's versatile for long range engagements' but ask yourself this:

Just how many 'long range infantry engagements' do you really have as an engineer?

Vast majority of the engineer infantry experience is going to be in and around bases where ROF is king.
  13. CheeseThief

I like playing this game like it's Quake so I'm going to say the Grenade Launcher with an overslung Gauss S.

You pretty much blow anyone away in CQC with the grenade launcher, and mid-range, and for long range you can potshot randomly because you resupply your own ammo. The bullet shooting part of the gun is sort of cool too.

That said I never use my engineer it unless I'm within spitting distance of a tank or sunder, so being able to jump out and blow that rushing mine engineer to kingdom come is of greater value to me than anything else.
  14. JammyJ

AF-19 Mercenary + Foregrip + RDS.
  15. JudgeDreddy

AC-X11 I have with adv grip, Reflexr, HV rounds, and a silencer if I'm being cutty[doesn't reduce range too bad especially with HVR]. I'm considering a longer scope for outdoors tho, I'm a good shot but it's hard with the dot sometimes. A beast in cqc-mid however.

PS With underbarrel nade launchers you don't need to buy nades? They resupply? My friend will go nuts then he's been looking for a gun after I got him into the game. Hell I might have too but I'm more down for the shotgun attachment, anyone have experience with that?
  16. Dr ZErO

Underbarrel shotty is a beast. Everyone goes on and on about the nade launcher.....
    1st. No ammo resupply bug
    2nd. Faster switching to it from rifle near instantaneous switch back. ( although there is still a switch bug that won't let you switch to primary sometimes)
    3rd. Now this is the big one, at least on NC gun its the only 1 shot to kill to the body not explosive weapon in the game. Close range body shots with full health and shields, even heavies = instant death.
    Nades can't do that with flak armour now. Even full nanoweave armour can't save you from underbarrel shotty.

I could have been lucky but i 1 shot killed a group of 4 heavies all in a row the other night with it. 4 shots... 4 dead guys..

Grenade launcher cant do that.
    • Up x 1
  17. blzbug

Just got the Trac5-S last night and promptly put on the nade launcher. Love it! Resupply is a little buggy, but it seems to be related to what kind of ammo you need. I.e. if I was full on bullets, the grenade resupply always worked fine.

As a bonus, you also get the carbine+launcher for your LA. A very handy feature of the launcher is that the sound is empire neutral. The enemy just hears the boom, which could have come from anywhere. They don't hear the sound of TR gunfire, which makes them all turn and look. Same with the "tracer" effect. The grenade just leaves a little smoke trail instead of a red/blue/purple tracer. Nice for LA who is running around the enemy base.
  18. Dakkaface

I just picked up the Warden last night - I love it. It actually lets you contribute while you're sitting over the ridge, healing MAXes and tanks, it can slamfire a lot of rounds if you end up in CQC, and best of all, it's also useful as a Heavy, to replace the awful default Gauss SAW. I've been using the 3.4x scope with chevrons - definitely good to have because bullet drop is much more noticeable on the Warden.
  19. Udnknome

Betty mines and Default weapon are just fine for me.
    • Up x 1
  20. VKhaun

Shotgun.

The Engineer has no business at medium range. You need to be behind something supporting/repairing and point blanking people, or you need to be faaar faaaaar away shooting people through a scope. Only the shotgun can do both. Get one of the automatics, get extended mags, then get slug ammo and a high mag scope. Use slugs for long range, and regular shells for close up.

If you prefer a carbine, I agree with GD-7F. It's the indoor hip-fire weapon for NC carbines, with access to both softpoint and the advanced laser sight. Probably better than a shotgun inside bases where you're fighting over repairing generators.