What MAX abilities would you like to see?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Ketobor, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Ketobor

I know this is basically pointless, but I wanted to get a bit of idle thinking out. I am thinking a personal sustainability system, a combat boost system, and maybe an alternative mobility system for each faction.

For TR:
    Rapid Reload System: An instant or near instant reload with a cooldown
    Personal Regeneration System: An active repair system allowing for self healing, though at a lower rate than an engineer.
    Marathon Charge: Long range mid speed high duration charge systems that never allow firing during charge.

For NC:
    Auxiliary Rocket Launcher: A limited ammo rocket launcher that uses limit ammo receivable at terminals.
    Personal Shield System: A Max NMG. Active shielding from a pool of health.
    Sustained Sprint System: A slower, and deactivable charge system. Allows for sprint levels speeds while shooting.

For VS:
    Independent Charging System: A slow replenishing of total ammo by using Max core energy.
    Local Pain Field: A short range area-of-effect damage over time that only affects enemies.
    Dash Boosters: A quickly recharging charge boost that hits the highest speeds for the lowest distance.
  2. absolofdoom

I'd just be happy if they gave the max ANY abilities, the one we have now sucks major ****.
  3. Bitmap

Want my lockdown back damnit!!

Seriously though, I like the instant reload idea. Goes well with the TR.
    • Up x 1
  4. xpsyclosarinx

It's a totally stupid idea but I feel the need to post it anyway

Shield and a lance/spear for the max. The shield could block 90% damage when it's used and you can't fire while using it and a spear that has triple melee range, insta kill, slow attack speed.

I may or may not have just been playing Warhammer...
  5. Bigperm

An extra Scattergun on my face
  6. Arcfade

NC Can have a Scatterface if it means this VS gets his jumpjets back.
    • Up x 1
  7. Fafnir

To be honest I'd like to see all possible options. Lockdown, overdrive, better charge, shield. The more cxustomization, the better.

My personal favourite would be personal smoke screen and IRVN vision. Imagine their screams. :eek:
  8. desktop

Some kind of melee would be really cool. It would be hard to balance but melee maxs having them go around stomping everything while they get balanced would be awesome :D. I already get a few kills on people by charging up and smacking them theres definitely potential there and i would be interested in seeing each factions take on max melee weapons.
  9. JoCool

Very quick lockdown (0.5s) for my TR Dual Heavy Cycler. The unlock from the ground could take 1.5s or more. Everything must have drawbacks.
  10. felfox

I dunno about abilities but i know I'd love to have some sorta beam laser Anti-Infantry weapon for my Vanu Max. Take the old lasher animation, get two of those and just cut everything to shreds in a room :p would be so fun, and flashy!
  11. Blitzkrieg

Bugger that.

I want my bloody jump jets back!
    • Up x 2
  12. Zourin

This suggestion has been brought to you by a coalition of Tediore, Torgue, and Vladof!

Personally, I'd like to see deflection upgrades, or major increases in the Vest/Flak upgrades.. MAX's are still way too easy to drop.
  13. Marinealver

Jump Jets VS
    Shields for NC
    Lock myself down and shoot me because I am a big red target for TR :p
    Sorry Elmo took the oppertunity to poke a jab at you. Sorry for what SOE did to your tank.
  14. Cryptek

15. Terrahero

I was kinda disapointed that i didnt have some kind of visual enhancements such as night-vision.