What made you addicted to LA?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Rager, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Paperlamp

Trees <3

Most all faction players would rank it the worst of the best carbines for each faction.

Lynx/Jag and VX6-7 are all better weapons in my experience. GD-7F has a long reload time without the extra 10 bullets in clip that TR get or their superior ADS movement speed, and is less accurate than the VX6-7. It doesn't have any redeeming qualities other than its +45 RoF. I'd trade the RoF for TR's clip size alone, their .75 ADS move speed is just icing that has no business being exclusive to the faction honestly(same goes for VS' LMGs).
  2. locosback

just upgraded my trac-5 for stealth. i will never play anything else ever (mabey infil but thats cuz i sunk certs into it)
    i can take a biolab nearly alone. i feel like i own the entire thing, its my playground. and small bases are the quickest caps ever. and dont even get me started on assaulting air towwers. i can do that in my sleep, all in all, basejumping is the best. i love getting the drop on my enemys from extreme hights and killing them without alerting the others.
  3. blzbug

Trac5-S will take a silencer (making longer shots harder) and HV ammo (making longer shots easier). The two somewhat balance out, giving you a silenced carbine with decent medium range potential. Add on the GL, which works great while flying and is key to AMS takedowns. GL gives you another 2 stealth kills. In short, Trac5-S is a very flexible stealth option. I really hated on the -S back when the launchers were so buggy. I have been using it almost exclusively on my LA the past couple of weeks and I am really liking it.

Drifter hovering and GL are a perfect match. The steep arc of the GL doesn't matter much when you're firing down. The grenade leaves a smoke trail, but when the trail is up in the sky, it is hard to see. So you can drop your load (so to speak) in relative safety. If I'm drifting, I'm usually hunting for an AMS. But if the hunt turns up no targets, I'm more than happy to drop some nades on somebody's head. You can follow up with some spray-and-pray if you need to finish someone off. You might burn up a whole clip just to land a few hits, but a kill's a kill :)
  4. Sabreur

I play light assault for those GLORIOUS moments when you spring the perfect ambush.
    • Up x 1
  5. Farlion

Flying around with C4 and Shotguns on Towers.
  6. Kogmaw

sweet lord, you are a genius. this needs to be done IMMEDIATELY
  7. LibertyRevolution

tree.. tower.. piston.. profit