What made you addicted to LA?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Rager, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Spag

1. Flew in unguarded back door of cap point, took down 2 HAs who were slow on the uptake, take off w jumpjets mid fight as a third HA catches on, spot a group of 2 CMs another HA and an engy huddled in corner healing/unawares there was a LA floating above them, drop grenade and begin reloading (still midair w maxed jump jets), nade explodes and kills all 4 corner nerbs, land as I take down the last HA, 5-6 friendlies storm the cap point wondering when the action starts...

2. Take the lower exit of a tower spawn room, look right and see 3 heavies camping the other drop, toss grenade and jump jet out the other side, work my way around to their side of the tower as the nade explodes killing 1, take the other 2 HAs from behind as a MAX and other HA spot me and begin firing, fly out the door and hover above waiting for the pursuers, drop c4 on the max when he pokes his head out, detonate and chase down the other HA, turn around and 2 CMs are rezzing friendlies, take them both out and turn to face 2 hovering mossies and 4 infantry, take out another LA before dropping...

These are situations I get myself in on every play session as LA. May not be as many kills as camping a spawn terminal with unlimited ammo or pulling libs/armor but its 10x more rewarding. I roll max jump jets, max nanoweave, 2 c4 bricks and am most effective with the piston.
  2. Gadamlu

quite simply put,

jump-jets+C4+Under-barrel Grenade launcher

makes LA awsome with that combo, though i find myself leaning tward engie rather than LA
  3. Wily

Jump jets just make it the most fun class to play. Most of the time other classes can be more 'productive' or useful to your side, but when you've got a group of friendlies pinned down at a corner and you go over obstacles to get an angle on the opposing force and start raining death down upon them in various forms, little to nothing in the game compares.

LA also fits into my belief that in games like this, an ounce of maneuverability is worth a pound of armor.
  4. MasterCheef

being a Max hunter
  5. RomulusX

This.

Hot drop as Eng with underbarrel grenade launcher. boom. unlimited noob tube to spam down instagibs....great way to farm :D
  6. Ghoest

The first day I was in tech beta I tried LA and I as sold as soon as i jumped on top of the first rock.
  7. hostilechild

LA is fun as hell. Don't use it everywhere but some places its god mode with a shotgun.

The mobility and surprise attack from it owns.
  8. RayDrazon

Being able to solo Sunderers with my 3 C4 :D

Also getting a deca-kill in a clip once with my Nova on extended mag when I was attacking the Crown... Those epic kill streaks as LA never cease to amaze me.
  9. Erendil

Third week of Beta, I fly to Hvar Tech Plant in my Scythe from the north (VS started at the north WG back then) to find ~2 squads holding the main building trying to cap the base against maybe 5-6 VS defenders pushing in from outside. I bail onto the main building from 500m and float down onto the top turret platform, then take the north teleporter to the main floor.

Once through the teleporter I immediately jet up onto the balcony overlooking the back doors and rip into 2 TR from behind w/ my carbine who are covering the doors from above. The 6-8 TR on the main floor are clueless, too intent on stopping the VS outside from getting in.

I then run down the far walkway above the vbay and toss a nade at the cap point as I jet over the half-wall, quick switch to my carbine and rain Death From Above on a hapless CM. My nade explodes, killing another TR, and I proceed to pogo-jump back and forth over the inner half-walls as I mow down the last 4 Terrans defending the cap area one-by-one. As each one dies they keep helplessly running around wondering WTH is going on, stupid look on their faces. It's like a scene out of Aliens, them firing wildly in the direction one of their comrades just fell not bothering to look up and letting me flank them from the air again and again. Freakin' hilarious!

By this time the TR holding the back doors hear the commotion and a few fall back to find out what's up. I've already jetted back over the outer half-wall and am heading back their way and the vbay catwalk to hit them from behind so I catch one guy on the balcony and take him out, then hop over the balcony to one side and hit a 2nd guy coming up the lower stairs from behind. I then jet down the stairs and start shooting at the nearest TR holding the back door. Realizing they're under attack from behind, a few Terrans turn to face me, and that weakens their defense enough for the VS outside to push in as I jet upwards onto the balcony above. We proceed to catch the remaining TR in a classic scissors and clean house, resecuring the base.

There's no way I could've pulled off the above in any class but LA. From that moment on I was hooked.
    • Up x 1
  10. Intruder313

This is kind of why I don't play LA much: the ability to easily bypass all terrain, flank and scale stuff is just too addictive and I miss it too much on any other class.
  11. Swiffle

I was trying LA in beta and initially confused because I'd lose straight up fights most of the time, especially to the numerous HAs that people play. over time I learned the nuances of the bases and outposts and discovered the most common routes for sunderers and players to take. then the game got easier as I figured out how to outmanuever them, and find out which trees/ledges/rocks turned into good vantage points and cover. also, farming up certs and auraxium medals at tech plants by jetting around the stanchions of the base was ridic op for awhile

I just really hate being in the meat grinder that the other ground pounding classes go through. in very small fights I still play heavy a little if terrain is unsuitable for LA, but for the most part I just dont care to have to go into choke points and entrenched positions head-on. I'd rather do anything possible to flank all the people that are held up at choke points and get the drop on them
  12. Kogmaw

Theres just something about getting the jump on a group of sitting ducks and taking most, if not all, of them all that i have yet to taste in any other class
    • Up x 1
  13. Village

Doing this basically. Over and over and over.

14. OneRedBlock

When I somehow managed to jump from one Liberator, to a second Liberator, and on to a Galaxy, all in mid air above the Crown.

It was my "holy**** this class ahmygodahmyhod"
  15. CombatWeevil

It's an under appreciated class. The mobility it gives you over terrain is a massive advantage in most cases. I'm not sure why we don't see more LA groups working as teams with C4 or as CQC groups just emptying rooms.
    • Up x 1
  16. Jadith

First time I jump jetted up a tower, landing right behind a sniper aiming down scope. I hate snipers, they are pesky little cowards. So, I just stood there for a few seconds, aimed carefully at his head, and hit him full auto with my solstice.

That is when I learned what it is to be light assault:

People rarely look up
    People rarely look behind them
    Raining down death
    By the time the realize what has happened, their fate is already sealed.
  17. LibertyRevolution

Every time I try and jump over something as not light assault I feel gimped.
    I mean really, I can't hop over this 3' tall fence? Screw it, back to LA.
    I play LA 95% the time, the other 5% is when I have to pull out my annihilator or AA max.
    • Up x 1
  18. belthazor3457

What made me addicted to LA?

I get to crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their women!

...before they realize light assaults are more manly and flock to me. This brings us to the second reason to be LA: MEAD AND WENCHES! And another reason, you can defend an airtower by flying into the air and C4ing the aircraft that are attacking you - GLORIOUS! And another reason, you can get to sundy spawn areas easier than other classes to destroy them - USEFUL!

I shall compile a list:

1. Explosions.
    2. Booze.
    3. Women.
    4. Glory.
    5. Useful to team.
    • Up x 1
  19. Autarkis

Superior Mobility + Lots of Gear
  20. Aeroloulou