What kills a MAX the fastest? What doesnt work at all?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by St0mpy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Axler

Anyone tested how the HA anti-vehicle nade does against maxes?
  2. Intruder313

MAX's are not Vehicles right? So I presume it will do normal damage to them i.e. worse than using a normal Grenade.

My estimates are that a normal Grenade does 1K damage and an AV Grenade does 600-750 (I forget where my healthbars ended up when I tested it).
  3. CBCronin

I was playing an engineer the other day and ran around a corner... into the waiting duel chain gun arms of a lone TR max, but the outcome was far different than what you might think.

Remembering another thread on the forums with a pic of the firing arcs, I got within dirty dancing distance and unloaded my VX into him. As he swung firing wildly to the left and right I continued to move around him, and when the music of his chain guns came to a close it was I who was left standing.

So apparently, at least against lone variants, getting in as close as possible and unloading is a viable option.
  4. Dakkaface

Most MAX pilots forget that when someone jumps up close to them and they can't hit with their guns, all they have to do is punch.
    • Up x 1
  5. Yil

Flashbangs and C4.
    Devastator and your Primary Weapon.
  6. basilbroketail

Sometimes that punch bugs out and like the close range bug you will NOT do damage to that target, you can test that out on any terminal OR turret or even player even ( this is bug is similar to infiltrators knifing but not doing any damage at all to a target ) .

But to kill a max fast as infantry atm its

1 C4
    1 tank mine
    1 Decimator ( to the face though )
    1 AV Grenade ( something that people rarely use oddly )

Other ways to kill maxes fast ='s

get a grenade bandolier 2 grenades right at the max will kill them ( although this is literally 0-1 ft when those nades detonate , doable once they fix sticky nades ) .
    2 AV missiles to any part of the max .
    2 Anti personnel mines next to each other .
    1 AV missile (direct hit) + 1/3 of a clip of lead.
    full clip of shotgun rounds to the head ( with extended mags, no slug ammo )
    2 grenade launcher hits

Other ways to kill 'em 1 v 1 without damaging explosives ( although they're super effective, no idea why no one uses these to break defenders).

Concussion grenades + bullets ( 4-6 seconds of " stun" ) .
    1 EMP grenade ='s 6-8 seconds of stun ( max can't fire, can't run away , can walk around though but that's it ) + bullets .

I'd include sniper fire to the head ( the latest bolt action rifles that they released , the ones that can 1 shot a HA in the head even with resist shield or Person shield up shaves off about 7-10 bars of HP a hit ) but that's not exactly feasible anyhow and rarely occurs.
  7. Stormlight666

Getting with arms reach of one and shooting it in the groin with your pistol.
  8. Haya jii san

9. Krona

Everything in the game kills maxes.
  10. anaverageguy

MAXes will inevitably die sooner or later, being the huge targets they are. Shoot the engineer(s).

When finished, explosives of any kind.
  11. aRtFuL

In terms of just guns, probably any auto-shotguns.

I think you can finish a MAX with 1 clip of ammo. With extended mag I'm pretty sure you can.
  12. oLd.Sneakers

Actually knifing works.

I knifed a max with my infil after trolling him with headshots, baiting him towards my 2 anti personell mines, then I cloaked and ran behind him and knifed him to death ;)

So it deffo works.