What kills a MAX the fastest? What doesnt work at all?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by St0mpy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Quiiliitiila

MAX units go down so quickly under small arms fire that it's kinda sad. Run as a Combat Medic or Heavy Assault and chew them up at range and laugh as they try to shoot you back, or you can run with almost any shotgun/carbine and chew them up within spitting distance.

Quite frankly at this point just about ANYTHING will kill a MAX unit absurdly quickly. The supposed "inherent" 80% resistance to small arms fire is a joke, as most weapons will only require 2-3 clips to kill (1-2 well placed) and headshots with any weapon will kill the max in ~1 clip.

I LOVE playing as MAX units, and I'm pretty good. However, because of the neon sign hovering above a MAX's head that says SHOOT ME! Any decent MAX player is forced to play defensively.

I think the issue is that the Devs did not take into account the increased fire a MAX sustains just because they are a MAX. People panic when they see MAX units trundle into the frey, even though it's laughably easy to both out maneuver and gun one. The only MAX units that are to be feared right now are the NC AI ones and the TR AI ones. Both will chew you up at close range, as for the VS MAX? Yeah, go hug it. The player will appreciate the sentiment.

-Quiiliitiila
    • Up x 1
  2. Kinjo

Very deadly to my MAX in a Bio Dome.
  3. BlueyTheWolf

Cihad Flash a cool trick I saw in youtube it really kills fastest
    • Up x 1
  4. MaxDamage

C4 does approx 90% damage to a MAX. Flak armour doesn't seem to have much or any effect on it tmk.
  5. Hydragarium

Now you're throwing in more variables just to make your argument seem valid. No one ever mentioned walls - I was simply talking about a straight on assault, which the MAX will always win. Which is why I mentioned flanking and explosive "openers".
  6. Wizz

A quick run over in an ESF can one shot a MAX if it's fully rendered in game. It's my favorite thing to do :]
  7. Sadaris

A quick skim over a landing pad with my scythe normally gets 3-4 bursters roadkill ftw
  8. Purg

No, C4 is instant death to full health MAX. It'll also kill you even if you're pretty deep inside a teleporter room and have had infantry between me and the C4 live while I died. MAX are a C4 magnet.
  9. MaxDamage

Don't think one C4 kills a MAX. I cannot remember if I was using full flak the last time I was hit with full health tho. Since then I alternate, and the percentage of damage to finish you off with C4 is, I suppose, rounded off to the last remaining percentage of your health. Last figure I remember is 86%.
  10. Frosty The Pyro

one c4 can, though it needs to be pretty close to the center.
  11. Stigler

Engineers dropping a mine, C-4 carriers, HA headshot with a rocket, Rockets overall get me the most. Smart players who avoid the front of a max and ping them to death with mostly headshots, or dance in the no hit zone, do not attempt with NC Max though, anything close to the front of NC max dies instantly.

Each Max has differing ranges of deadliness, NC close, unless slugs close-medium, TR Medium , VS longer ranges pretty accurate but weak to everything.

Really even with 4% Kinetic, as a Max you have to do everything you can to avoid fire, your a big juicy target.
  12. Jaxxx

A brick of C-4 is an insta-kill on a max, I've flown in and dropped one in the middle of a pack of maxxes once and blew it up (myself included) and took out 5 of them with 1 brick. You can't ask for any better results than that
  13. Purg

I can absolutely guarantee that a single brick of C4 will instantly kill a full health NC MAX. I've died to it at least 50 times.
  14. MaxDamage

Well you NC folk need to build sturdier MAXes, 'cause my TR MAX doesn't drop to one.
  15. LameFox

Besides explosives, the thing that hurts me the most as a MAX is a HA with his shield up unloading a machinegun into me. I've tried this from the other side as well, but take note that you do tend to die if you stay there, so attack twice if possible. Also I use the mitigation shield.
  16. Dakkaface

LMG's, Shotguns, Assault Rifles, Battle Rifles. Probably Scout Rifles too, but I don't have personal experience.

MAXes die to everything that kills regular infantry, it just takes a little longer. Any Infantry weapon that can hit at medium range or better has a good shot of taking out a MAX. I get MAX kills all the time with my battle rifle, and just yesterday I dropped down off a bridge onto a nest of AA MAXes and killed 3 of them with the Gauss SAW without needing to reload. You'll die to any MAX at under 10m, but beyond that you have a chance with basically any infantry weapon.

One C4 brick won't stop you if you've certed Flak - without Flak you get dropped.
    • Up x 1
  17. Drsexxytime

C4 ruins a max's day pretty fast. Sticky grenades are also really effective if you get one on them. And of course, rockets, especially in the face... IN THE FACE!! /.quote
  18. hostilechild

Decimator is almost 75% damage to a flak5 MAX so 2 rockets. (regular rockets will take 3 about 49% each) Its almost like the decimator ignores the flak haven't tested it.

LA shotgun works great, can c4 the first max. Next one you can fire from above, drop behind when he turns run through (MAX have issues with hit detection at <1m and can't hit you :p But your shotty will chew them up. Downed more than 1 TR MAX this way and they are like cheater i can't hit you.

Any machine gun to the head does huge damage. NC MAX vs 2 LA at 20m LA wins while MAX reloads, so he has to burst in and hope no c4 is waiting. (max 1 kill, la 1 kill) NC MAX vs 5 inf at 5m Max 5kills, inf 0 TR MAX in this scenario 7-0 or 3-1 depending on skill.
  19. Takoita

This ^^.

MAX operator has to play like they are a lowly squishie with gimped mobility, otherwise they don't survive long enough to do anything useful.
  20. Deschain

Any pistol riffle basicly, its pathetic how weak Max's are versus these weapons.