What is your favoured TR carbine and why?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Chopptimus, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Chopptimus

I seem to have more success with the lynx that any other carbine but the slow reload time and the ease with which you can waste your clip (if youre bad like me) gets me killed alot.

Wondering if the increased dps for this weapon is worth the trade off. Do the extra upgrades that the trac-5 s get make it superior to the stock version?
  2. Katanaa

Picked up the Lynx yesterday, with Red dot sight and Laser-attachment. I just love it! Behaves a bit like the Solstice that VS have (which is a freakin' godmode weapon. I envy you, VS!)
  3. DrTeeth

Likewise, I've bought a Lynx and put a laser on it. I plan on trying the advanced laser also. I think high dps and a tight hipfire CoF are the way to go for Light Assault as we'll mostly be engaging at close range. Trying to ADS while using the jetpack doesn't work well. I'll upgrade the sight also, to give me a bit of flexibility to engage at medium range.

That said, if I know it's going to be 100% close range work (like storming a tower) I'll bring the Haymaker.
  4. Xenoclix

I got myself the lynx too. Put the reflex sight on what it great so far and the forward grip.

Should i replace the forward grip with laser though?
  5. DrTeeth

It depends, with the laser (and hopefully adv laser, I'll see tonight) the CoF gets tight enough that you don't have to ADS at typical room clearing distances, meaning you don't spend that fraction of a second bringing the sight up, and you can keep strafing ADAD at full speed to throw off the other guys aim.

The forward grip gives you better recoil control when using the sights, but tbh if I'm playing Light Assault I tend not to engage targets that are so far away that this extra control makes a noticeable difference. I prefer to use my jets to either close the range without being seen, or find a sneaky spot to ambush them when they come to me.

The choice really comes down to play style tbh. If I was going to build a medium-range Carbine I would use the T5-AMC or the TRAC-5 S as a base instead, as then you can combine forward grip, compensator, and high-velocity rounds into a single package
  6. Sifer2

Yeah I also recommend the Lynx. I tried it out last night, and it's ridiculous. The fire rate is fast an accurate so you can hip fire people dead almost as fast as a shotgun up close. And it's surprisingly accurate at a distance with burst fire. It's the strongest Infantry weapon I have found in the game yet. Funny all the people that whine about the Carv but that thing's accuracy drops off something terrible after a little ways. I would rather have this really. Though man I run out of ammo a lot.
  7. Mericulux

ya i use the lynx. it tears in CQC. people seem to cry about the trac-5 lol. shows you most people don't know what they are talking about.
  8. FieserMoep

Dito, the Lynx was the first and only weapon I bought. Atleast the displayed Bars were some kind of accurate. Pretty good carbine that has all upgrades I need. Suppressor, Laser/Forward, Soft Point and several sights. With suppressor and soft point it is kinda hard to aim on longer medium range distance though in CQB this tears through enemies.
  9. MarlboroMan-E

I've had great success from roof tops using the T5 AMC without any attachments - I'm putting a fore grip on it tonight. I like the versatility of being dead on accurate at range in exchange for the higher rate of fire close up. Play style choice.

Edit: if you ever want to use the under slung you're gonna need to get the trac S.
  10. Lethargic Fox

I got the trac-5 S today, got the grenade launcher attachment, and I won't go back to the default, or any other gun. That is all.

(...other than that there's a bug where you can't resupply outside of re-equiping the loadout sometimes for the grenade rounds)
  11. kyre5

i roll face with the default gun
  12. JoCool

Lynx here, very good at Towers (close range). LA usually allows to attack on YOUR terms, so pick them.
  13. SixVoltSamurai

Trac 5 S, every attachment for every situation.
  14. Deathbane

The default Trac 5 ive actually been pretty surprised at, its not too shabby. I prefer it over the default.. the s looks interesting certainly so i might pick that at up at some point.
  15. TempVirage

Jaguar with adrenaline pump is fun to run in Bio labs. Other than that, I usually run either Trac-5 or Trac-5 s with smoke.
  16. pnkdth

T5 AMC. Very low 1st shot multi, very low recoil, and highest bullet velocity of all carbines. It also have access to HVA), and thanks to its managable recoil we have one of the most accurate carbines at mid range. You may be thinking to yourself "but it only has 143dmg?" but it also have 652RPM as opposed to the 500-550 of 167dmg weapons. 652RPM is pretty much the sweet spot for mid range weapons. High enough to hurt, low enough to keep you on target. The 40 rounds per mag also helps with correcting lead distance on the fly... and it has the fastest reload of TR carbines.

So yeah, if you want to play the sneaky long range LA then you should have picked TR. Even seen people using this successfully with a 6x scope. It certainly helps to have a mini-SMG as your side arm for the times you get caught in CQC. Highly recommend trying this out, very different from how you normally play a LA. Lots and lots of fun.
  17. Ttariel

I dont even play TR, but i like the TAR because my first name starts like this......everytime somebody kills me with it i become the biggest kid " HAHA it has the same stuff like my name duhhhhh" i know i know i need to grow up.
  18. Rak

I've been on a quest to get my Auraxium medal for every carbine. So far I have just the Lynx and the Trac-5 Burst left. I'm currently working on the Burst which is incredibly fun to use and surprisingly accurate. Once I complete all my medals, I'll probably go back to using the Burst permanently. Anyway, I order of preference, here are my favorite TR carbines in order of preference:

Trac-5 Burst
    Jaguar/Lynx
    T5-AMC
    Trac-5
    Trac-5s
    • Up x 1
  19. Canaris

Trac5-S as Sixvolt already said it just has the right add ons for most jobs,

It's funny I took a break from PS2 for awhile, I'd gotten the Trac5-s to Aurax and was working on the Jag & Lynx ones but when I came back I played for awhile with both again but then on the spur of the moment or some freakish dot of mind I dusted off the regular Trac-5..... I threw the J&L back on to the weapon rack and it will be Aurax with this baby first.

so for me

Trac5-s
    Trac5
    Jag
    Lynx
  20. vsae

Trac-5 Burst