What is Wrong with the Connery TR and NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Drascalicus, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Blam320

Are you kidding? TWC is a filthy zergfit! They regularly send entire platoons, even multiple platoons, to lattice lanes that will give them no resistance while willfully ignoring bases that need immediate help. When they do finally realize one of our lattice lanes is getting blitzed, they're so slow to redeploy that we often lose two or three bases to the enemy zerg before TWC finally arrives. And even then the average skill of a Wildcard is so abysmal that they essentially need to maintain a 10% population advantage just to hold their own.
  2. frozen north

If those average pop numbers are for Connery, I am really curious as to when you first started.

When I first played on Connery just over 4 years ago, TR consistently had the lowest server pop (Almost always between 21% and 27%), VS had the second highest server pop (between 29% and 36% usually) and the NC had the highest average server pop (typically between 36% and 45%).

The trend on Connery back then was that the TR had on average the best players (a lot of planetside 1 vets, which offset the numbers issue) and with both VS and TR usually dedicating a lot of effort against NC, all three factions tended to have roughly similar territory ownership (generally speaking, each faction would hold between 28% and 42% of total continent territory at all times).
  3. DeadlyOmen

Its a video game. Relax and enjoy it, or do something else.
  4. dopy7dvs

The answer is very simple: Connery has been overrun by Asians. The vast majority of which CANNOT communicate with each other due to language barriers. Within the Vanu on Connery exists The Wild Card faction (TWC), which is an outfit of English speaking zergers. Amazingly, even during primetime, 1-2 Platoons of peeps who can coordinate can take an alert. Other factions simply can't communicate and thus can't coordinate. Move to Emerald.
  5. strikearrow

If they made it free to transfer servers, then I would.
  6. Nogrim313

what they need/should do at this point is make your character separate from servers, and allow you to choose a server when you log in to a character.

there is nothing lost/gained with a character moving, there arent "items" there is nothing gained over time that effects a specific server.
    it should have been that way from day 1, but SOE thought they would be able to gouge people and get them to pay for the same $10 guns on multiple servers.
    • Up x 1
  7. FateJH

It's been a long time since 2013 but didn't unlocks with Station Cash (now DBC) always follow after the player account? I don't remember if this changed dramatically.
    • Up x 2
  8. frozen north

I do believe that they do follow the account still to this day.
  9. Nogrim313

no that was something that was done after a tremendous amount of ******** from the player base.
    camo used to be restricted to the individual vehicles. things like sunderer weapons needed to be purchased multiple times, and the cosmetics were all faction specific even on non faction vehicles.

in fact prices were also about double what they are now. oh and there were single use paid camo's....
  10. Luicanus

The Cobalt recent history. Locks by faction.
    TR - 7
    NC - 14
    VS - 22
  11. xDrDub

It's because TR and NC both have Chinese players which like to fight each other. Vanu is mostly Japanese.
    In the mornings (USA) the Asian players come online and TR and NC duke it out with each toher while VS zergs both of them because TR and NC only fight each other.

Now, if your'e wondering why this happens in the evenings it is because of P4le.
    P4letigerrr himself has said that "all the vanu are ******* hackers" and so he refuses to play against them. He also says "NC is a better farm" and will sit on a point forever, until the NC attack him. If they don't, he starts taking all of NC territory.

So, when NC finally decide to do something about P4le taking all of their territory, it leaves about a 3rd of NC players fighting half of VS while the other half of VS fight TR.

Welcome to PlanetSide where there are no tactics. Just zerging and Cert farming.
  12. JadeSinn

its not the chines players its this right here.

the biggest faction on TR is pale, this means that lesser factions like burt, tarren kings, merc, and many of the other ones are forced to pick up the slack. which is hard to do when the VS are droping 96+ on a point to kill a 2 squad platroon.

becuse 60+% of the pop is traped in pales zerg following him around or siting on a base for 6 hours while everyone else fights tooth and nail to try and stop the VS as the VS take over the bases one by one being ignored by pales swarm.

it also does not help that becuse the smaller factions dont open recrut new players are being swept into the pale swarm and not learning that the zerg is not the only path to play in this game or that it is a cancer and that being taped in the zerg is whats loseing the alerts for the TR

add into it that the VS have more cordination then the TR becuse of this and also more full platoons that can cooperate and move as a swarm better then the pale zerg can. your looking at a lose everytime, exsept when a new contanet opens up and TR are able to ghost cap it. but thats rare and even then its only maybe 1 or 2 small squads doing it. so now one gets the reward for the contanent lock but the teams that where on it from the start.

to fix this issue. pale needs to buck up and admit hes holding 60% of the pop for the servers hostage and stop scooping up every player he can have (( or forceing players out of there outfits to join his becuse he hates said outfits. and refuses to let them into his platoons when hes on. )) and stop hosting a zerg fest nad start helping win the alerts that TR could be winning every time.

or we need to change the whole system of how the contanents work and make it so that this kind of zerging DOES NOT reward as much as WORKING together. as a team. penalize zerging with lower XP if you are in a hex for more then oh i dont know say an hour. becuse it should not take an hour to take a base. most bases can be taken in 10 - 15 mins if theres a force fighting back. not 6 hours to take a bio lab >..> looking at pale again for that one. 6 hours on a biolab. 96+ pop on both sides. come on now people just hack the damn gen drop the SCU and throw the enamys out of the base ! shouldnt be holding up that much pop on a base that a single platoon can take in 5 mins if thy get the drop on it .
  13. Callsign-YukiMizuki

The VS had been locking every single damn continent a couple major updates ago (around mid-2017) based on my experience and observation. I believe it has to do with the outfits themselves. During that time, I noticed FPSK was very active, but come around the Meltdown update, FPSK seemed to be less active that the TR and NC are actually able to win continents again.

Also it doesn't help that the TR focuses on NC that they practically let the VS win. I wish I was memeing, but there have been several battles where the VS is clearly winning, and yet some TR outfits like P4LE still focuses on NC when the VS practically warpgated them.
  14. frozen north

I'm going to preface this by stating that I do not mean this in any sort of harmful way, but in my experience, I could say more or less the same about the NC.

My general experience has been that a lot of Connery alerts start with the TR already getting double teamed. The VS usually pulls units off of TR fights first, and goes about making rapid caps of NC territory for up to the first 15 minutes of an alert. By the time the NC have stopped focusing the TR, there are only at most 25 minutes left in the alert, and the VS has a huge lead by that point.

As for the outfit in question, I have heard that apparently they have some sort of policy about not fighting VS. Apparently its because of the old " All VS are hackers." stereotype that gets thrown around from time to time.
  15. Callsign-YukiMizuki

It goes both ways I suppose.