What is Wrong with the Connery TR and NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Drascalicus, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Drascalicus

It has been bugging me more and more. Aside from a few isolated incidents, the VS have won every single lock down alert, usually with 50% or higher. The VS is able to sustain 40%+ pop to even 66% at every single fight and slow down the advances of both the TR and the NC.

I have to wonder, how are we letting the VS get so much control over the map, and how are they able to seemingly have so much pop at all the massive fights, even when there is an even 33% split across all factions on that continent.

Edit: Source of data showing VS supremacy in the alert category
    http://ps2.fisu.pw/alert/
  2. CaptCran

Trump
    • Up x 2
  3. Atorum

Dont play on Connery but from I've heard its due to East Asians, this is my guess.

TR and NC are not very popular with East Asians thus they play VS; VS gets high population due to East Asians, NC avoids fighting TR as usual, TR gets zerged, TR players migrate to Emerald because getting double teamed isn't anyone's idea of fun, NC players follow and it leave mostly VS players on Connery.
    Unfortunately, more of them are coming to Emerald now (bunch of high ping players atm on Emerald and I've noticed more ******** tactic like spamming smoke grenades which isn't standard behavior of Emerald players) and soon Emerald will go to hell.
  4. Lord_Avatar

I might be having a nitpicky moment, but this doesn't add up. If the NC avoid fighting TR, then how are TR getting double teamed?
  5. tommyrocket

A simple answer to the proposed question may be:
    Our people are not contributing-- they are busy doing something else entirely.

I also play on Connery, and as for the population question, there happens to be an answer. It's because there is nothing being done about stat-padders. The Chinese LOVE to stat pad. Each day they log 14+ hours in the game and make 20k+ certs with no caps/defenses, no-nothing. Just two guys inside a mountain with two ammo sundies spamming 1 shot in a walker and reloading, or just two guys in some secluded place doing the same with normal ammo packs.

Here's the thing: These guys still contribute to the total population of the faction, which also contributes to faction queues. Our actual populations per faction are imaginary due to these cheaters who absolutely refuse to contribute. Sometimes there may be more stat-padders on one faction than the others; don't get me wrong, it happens on all 3, but it's also possible that it's more on one than the others as well.

Tacked on top of those shenanigans, I've noticed more and more Asian players, typically Chinese, using hacks while operating an ANT. They use the HOWLER primary mining tool, and are able to just swing by a cortium node and mine it on their way to the next one. I can just pause there and see it draining with no one nearby but the beam they have extending for miles. I've seen a "Bug Report" on this, even though it's a hack, so Daybreak definitely knows about it. Their take on this, is that they are "Still re-working the Construction System". This was in January, last month. Little do they know, this "hack" has been around for many, many months.

So yes, it's just a fact of life that everyone should know by now. Asians have a strong habit of cheating; it's their favorite thing to do. They will "win" at any cost possible, even if it means sacrificing their own fun or the fun of others. Stat-padding indeed does affect the rest of us, because they are not contributing to fights we need them at. We actually DO have less players available to support our fights because numbers of players would rather farm ammo packs in a corner of the map than help combat the zerg.

Doesn't it just hurt, knowing that you're stuck in a faction queue and unable to join your outfit platoon just because some Asians decided they want to stat pad for the next 16 hours straight? TK these guys if you see them, to show them that it's not OK to do that. As I also mentioned before, some go as far as glitching into terrain so they are uninterrupted.

TL;DR
    Due to the various stad-padders, TR and or NC populations may be more like 20%, while VS may be 33% active. That puts us all at huge disadvantages that most have no control over, or even have no idea about. New penalties need to be implemented to discourage and or prevent this from occurring.

A note to all:
    Check the leaderboards for all players on the active session. First page is most likely all padders. Rarely a member with many boosts in a huge farm will appear. Aside from that, use the map filters. Look for ally activity, and look how spread out the little numbers are, in random territories or corners of the map. Those are usually padders as well. All of which are not contributing to the fight and only falsely inflating faction population.
    • Up x 1
  6. Atorum

Ment VS
    Even now on Emerald (Esamir) VS and NC are barely fighting, barely.
  7. frozen north

Ok, so for me, so this is kinda a multi part problem. The first part is that generally speaking, there's a trend on Connery where the TR tend to get attacked by both NC and VS heavily for large stretches of time. So that automatically causes them to gain plenty of territory. Once an alert starts, they usually have a couple of ghost capping players that lick up a fair bit of NC territory, which more or less explains why they win alerts with such high map percentages.

Another part of this is that, at for myself with the TR, I tend to avoid big fights, and instead focus on more medium sized fights. This usually means that I am all together avoiding larger, critical fights for the most part.

Lastly, its a simple case of continent preference. I personally tend to really dislike indar (mostly because I find it rather stale, and northern indar is not a lot of fun in my experience), but I also know a lot of people really dislike hossin. So combine the TR stomp granting VS territory with a " lets get off this continent" mentality, and it becomes clear why they win so many alerts.
  8. strikearrow

I just had dinner with my friend who works in China and just returned for a brief visit back here. The Mainland Chinese (Ethnic Chinese raised elsewhere are deeply embarrassed by the following behavior) do not consider hacking as cheating at all. They look at it as we can do this and it beats the game so why wouldn't we? They have no ethics - it's a foreign concept. They really do not understand why people would handicap themselves by not cheating. Not to cheat feels like cutting off their feet for no reason. The only thing they understand is punishment - serious punishment and certainty that they will be punished i.e. lose. It's the same reason they do not respect patent or copyright laws - they feel those laws are inefficient because if they can build the same item cheaper, why wouldn't they do it? At least that's what my friend explained to me.

The entire concept of cheating is foreign to them - they live life like it is war (where all is fair) and expect everybody else to do the same. It actually makes sense from an unregulated pure capitalistic point of view.

As for Connery, I believe it is really that the VS are just faster (by 1 minute or so) than the other factions at redeploying in mass numbers constantly to hot spots and getting out as soon as the base is secured. They don't wait for the capture points, and they have galaxies in the air headed to the next base before the prior situation is under control. They will redeploy right into the galaxy and drop on the points (instead of going to the spawn room), secure it and redeploy out in about 1-2 minutes and hit the next base in less than 4 mins. In other words, they can get in and secure 5-6 bases in 15-20 mins. The NC rarely react that way and the TR only do it sometimes. Speed is the name of the game in winning alerts. Zerging from base to base is less efficient without galaxies - it's just too slow.
    • Up x 1
  9. Nogrim313

my experience off and on as connery started back on Helios. we had a lot of outfits who focused on starting noob platoons where basically they just united the people who like to lead platoons and coordinate in global, and then using open platoons recruited all the people who liked organized play but didnt want to lead.

numbers have dwindled but there always seems to be at least one group doing it and in my experience that is why we tend to work so good on objective based fights. i used to jump around on my TR/NC alts but never found something similar.
  10. Botji

Each server seems to have a target faction that the other two likes to gang up on, probably because its become 'known' that fighting against them is 'easy'. A shockingly high number of people playing games care much more about winning than any actual fun gameplay, if they can be part of 10 60-70% pop advantage fights where they get to face some sort of token resistance before having a glorious victory thats much better than being stuck in a 50% fight and have slow progress or even risk losing the fight.

On Miller and at least when I play, VS seems to be this target. Both NC and TR send most of their people against VS and have some smaller fights with each other, this forces VS to have to pick fights where they try to win and the rest just prolong the loss of the territory because if both TR and NC have 70-80% of their players against VS there is no way for VS to match up in numbers everywhere.

Its easy to see this too, there are 2 fights in VS territory against 90+ enemies, 2-3 other fights with 40+ and perhaps some very small scale ones. Then as a VS I look on the map and see whats happening on the TR/NC border and there is 1 fight with 90+ enemies and perhaps 2 others with 40+... but to me BOTH of them are enemies so the player counts in the territories counts twice, compared to what they are pushing into VS territory all those fights are smaller in scale.

Its pretty frustrating seeing this a few evenings in a row since either you join a fight where VS is pushing with more pop to gain territory quickly or you join one of the numerous defensive battles where you are constantly fighting outnumbered. I play as a random scrub but I find it kinda amazing that we arent losing much harder under these conditions, I imagine the outfits have to be playing their ***** off to maintain or even gain territory with these conditions.
  11. stalkish

Im not trying to be offensive here but, nonsense.
    Played Miller since its inception and this absolutely does not happen, sorry.

Not going to deny that empires get double teamed, but tbh it tends to be whoever started the alert.
    Even then its not that simple, if an empire who owns the north warpgate on indar starts the alert, its less likely that others will double team.
    In a similar way take esamir, the empire in the north west will almost always get double teamed, alert or no alert.

There is no 'this faction gets double teamed always' rule, not on Miller and tbh i doubt on any other servers either.
    The amount of times i look at the map as NC and see 48-96 enemies on both TR and VS fronts and a measly 1-12 enemies total at their front is uncountable, but again this isnt 'the norm' theres no unwritten rule that says as VS and TR you must attack NC, just as theres no rules the other way.

Its all perception and confirmational bias rearing its ugly head.

http://ps2.fisu.pw/activity/?world=10
    This page gives a triangle chart which attempts to show double teaming in action, as i write this the blue purple and white dots are all in TRs third, the red dot is right on the split between NC and VS (this will undoubtedly be different by the time you look).
    This is showing that TR are being double tapped at the moment, but themselves are splitting their forces equally between the other factions, im willing to be at the time of writing TR have triggered an alert which the other 2 are trying to stop.
  12. Prudentia

that 30% more pop for both NC and TR tho
  13. stalkish

Globaly or on cont?
  14. frozen north

I don't know. As a long time Connery vet, I have noticed trends with double teaming. Way back in the day, the NC always had the highest faction population, and got double teamed regularly because of it. Now a days though, I have seen it where at least a third of Connery alerts involve one faction getting double teamed right up until the alert starts, and still getting double teamed until half the alert timer is over. Its also worth noting that the TR are the ones getting double teamed in a disproportionately high number of cases (at least 60% of cases where that alert trend I mentioned happens has the TR getting double teamed, which means they are on average 3 times as likely to get double teamed).

To be fair, this is mostly just personal observations, but I mean, when the TR spend the vast majority of the time with the least territory, and have enemy zergs on multiple fronts of their territory, I feel safe saying they get double teamed more often then the other factions.
  15. stalkish

http://ps2.fisu.pw/activity/?world=1
    At the time or writting VS are being double teamed according to FISU.
  16. frozen north

I meant it as a more general observation over the course of the last few months.
  17. Prudentia

global. at time of writing VS had 300 people, NC 400 and TR 380
  18. AlcyoneSerene

Whatever's wrong on Connery, Emerald is not fun with Vanu at this time of writing sitting at 25% world pop, getting zerged repeatedly, and it's been always the same except later at night in this time zone.

I'm not motivated to play in the spawn room, facing 96+ with nobody around.

Neither is it fun on TR zerging away with nothing but spawn room camping watching the counters.

At this rate might as well play my terran alt and make the situation even worse, or not play at all except in those few hours where population can be actually balanced.

I thought I finally found a proper PVP game without the nonsense, but this lack of population balance is making it no better than the other worthless games.
  19. Atorum

Guess I am playing on some other Emerald server, just for the record, now on Indar, pop is 30/35/35 and there is only 1 VS/NC fight (24/48 ).
    This isnt something that rarely happens, its common 80% of time, prime time or not.
    It usually goes like this; zerg TR until its 20% territory and then they fight each other, same thing happens on Miller as well when I played there, resemblance is just remarkable, for some reason TR gets always double teamed, I wonder why...
  20. SpeedFreakPS0NE

It comes and goes, when I first started the TR would have like 38-40% pop consistently while the VS would often be under 20%, continents were red most of the time.

Connery VS has some really good outfits that encourage team play, have special events and a lot of support for new players, the Wild Cards being one.