What is the trade off for the extra bullets in the Flare over the Polaris?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Predator, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Predator

I see that the Flare is the only gun that can get the ext ammo clip for a max of 150. Polaris can get 100. Everything else 50-75 .Just wondering aside from the clip size which is better for combat. Never got either in the beta. I am horrid at 1v1 I win about 20%. Which would you suggest? lol
  2. Chuina

Extra ammo is always nice, you can't shoot people without it! Try out the guns before you buy and see which one you like best.
  3. Timujingeo

Forget both of them, the only VS gun worth purchasing as heavy is the LSW Pulsar assuming it made it to release unchanged. Stick a forward grip on it and burst fire for best effect.
    The extended magazine for it was 150 rounds but wasn't worth it over the grip imo.
    • Up x 1
  4. MartianDiscoFish

The Polaris is meant for long range combat,
    It has very little damage fall-off, it does same damage per bullet as the Orion but has a much slower firing speed.
    If you're horrid at those 1v1 battles then this isn't the gun for you, as it has a worse damage output than the Flare or Orion at close range.

The Flare is more like the Gauss saw, has very high damage per bullet but a slow fire rate, if you like hard hitting guns than the flare is for you.
  5. Erendil

Yep, use the LSW + 6x scope + foregrip + compensator + soft ammo for long range work. It's devastating with long bursts (6-8 rounds) or while tap-firing.

Use the Orion + 4x scope + Laser Sight + Compensator + soft ammo for everything else.
  6. Deathrus

BTW Polaris is close range. They fixed the description. It always was close range anyway, they sjut made it better at hip shoting now.
  7. EvilMonkee

8. Oil

I melt face with the Flare, top DPS gun for VS... Tried Polaris too, and yes it was a nice gun too.
  9. Hyllan