What is the render distance for aircraft?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PraetorGavorn, Sep 19, 2014.

1. PraetorGavorn

I can't find a straight answer anywhere, so I'm asking here.

I'd like to know so I can set my render distance at an optimal length, for the sake of maximizing my FPS.

Thanks, in advance.
  2. Alkezo

I think its around 800 for ESFs and 1000 for Galaxies and Liberators. Don't quote me on that though.
  3. Stigma

I don't know an exact number, but I believe it's 700-800 meters from what I've read previously, and my experience seems to fit well with this. If that's not accurate then at least it is not far off. 1000meters would definitely be safe at least, and I doubt you'd really see any difference by further lowering the render distance. Render distance isn't really that tough on the system as it mostly just renders static terrain anyway.

I tend to fly with 1500meters render at least, as its useful to see a bit of terrain. With a very low render distance and flying high you can literally lose sight of the ground.... and that's not exactly good :/

-Stigma
  4. gary the sewer hobo

I've always assumed it's around 700-800, because that's the maximum range of engagement radar.