What is the point of spending certs into bolt action riffles?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Orpheus66, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Orpheus66

Is there any point to getting the 7/8/10/12x scopes?!?

Forward grip is pointless. Silencer may be useful in some situations so I guess you could get that.
  2. Granderil

There's no point, x3.4 scope more than enough for current render distance.
  3. zaspacer

I run the following 2 Bolt Action loadouts:

1) Bolt Action w/ Suppressor + 6x Scope (default scope on longer range Bolt Actions)
    I use this to Snipe from Close to Long Range. It's great for precision, stealth Sniping over a very wide variety of ranges.

2) Bolt Action w/ 12x Scope
    I use this for Extreme Range Sniping. When I am not worried about enemies getting anywhere near me (to hear the shot or see the radar signature when I fire or threaten me when I have such poor close combat weapons), and I want to knock out targets either at a stalled distant battlefront or that have clustered together at a distance. I usually prefer to operate in one of the following three methods:
    1) find a bush (thick enough and that is wide enough at the base) and shoot from within it.
    2) hide behind cover, cloak up and leave cover, use Scope to find and line-up target, decloak and fire, recloak and run back to cover
    3) be uncloaked and exposed to enemy, Scope to find and line-up target but keep constant movement in a shuffle pattern to keep enemies Snipers from getting a good aim on you, stop movement for very brief moment to fire shot, resume Scoped shuffle movement

NOTE: adding cloak to #1 and #3 makes them much more effective, especially if you use the cloak 3+ seconds prior to firing and decloaking to immediately take the shot. When in bush, can increase safety by staying deep in it when uncloaked and using cloak when edging forward to Scope and fire on targets, then decloaking for shot, recloaking and moving back to deep in bush.
  4. Caspartine

Well there's not much to cert in the first place. I would suggest one of those long range scopes, and one for closer fights, thats it. The bullet drop due to the silencer is so ridiculous even with the best BASR, I'd trade showing on minimap with the pinpoint accuracy up to 200m anytime. My suggestion is to pick one scope and get used to it.

Since the class certs itself are beefy as hell, we should be actually glad the weapons don't take much.
  5. KnightCole

I have a 10x but really it seemd like overkill. And im not good enuff to snipe at long range.

Infil srs need more gun cert options. A 15pct lesd sway would b great.
  6. Ripshaft

The higher magnifications zoom farther, allowing you to more effectively target enemies at longer ranges. You can also get a flashlight for humour's sake. Nothing says "balls" like a sniper with their flashlight on.
  7. SpaceKing

Flashlights. Always get flashlights for your bolt actions.
  8. KnightCole

Or walking around the corner into an nc ai max...
  9. Ripshaft

In that kind of situation you want to mash the "L" key as quickly as possible in the hopes of confusing the max.
    • Up x 3
  10. ZephyrBurst

Flashlight, most useful attachment for a bolt action. I don't go anywhere without my Parallax' flashlight. We're getting the straight pull attachment for bolt actions that will probably go on the rail. Flashlight > Straight Pull
  11. Rigsta

@OP: I regularly use a 12x scope for long distance sniping. It allows you to see distant targets in more detail, which is great for people in cover and engineers on turrets, and it means you don't have to spend quite so much time aiming for exactly the right spot.

I have a 6x loadout and a 12x loadout, both with the Parallax.
  12. KnightCole

But in the confusion he will hit lmb rmb and killu ne way haha.