What is the difference between the three shotguns?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Shredthewolf, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Shredthewolf

I'm aware of the tool tips, but as far as spread, COF, reload speed?

I know the fa1 Barrage says it has a tighter spread but I've heard from numerous sources that this was removed and instead was given a quicker reload speed, since my 50 hours of fa1 barrage I rented the haymaker, which I felt that the extra ammo would be a boon to my LA play( it has been) and I noticed the longer reload speed but the TTK at ranges was the same. All in all whats actually different and is it worth owning two? I'm an LA main so Medic applicator 6 and repair tool 6 aren't really high up on the "2buy" list.
  2. Lakora

• Up x 1
  3. Shredthewolf

Thank you! This was such a great resource, it seems that the shotguns are almost identical except for reload and clip size, except I noticed the Projectile velocity on the Haymaker is worse which I find odd. But once again, Thank you.
  4. Achmed20

- full auto
    - semi auto, fast reload, more accurate
    - semi auto, 2 more shots
    • Up x 1
  5. exLupo

The Feb 2 dumps still show a 3.0 pellet spread for the Barrage vs 3.5 for the Haymaker. Check the FireModes, Sort by pellet 6 and compare the spread ratings between the 1925 and 2600 reloads.

Barrage: Slightly more accurate and substantially faster reload.
    Haymaker: More shots before reload to secure kills. Bigger reserve leads to more kills per loadout.

I went Barrage because I play Engi more than LA so ammo isn't an issue but for a LA primary it could easily go either way. Barrage is better for killing but requires much tighter play. Hays are more forgiving.
  6. Shredthewolf

I don't see a spread rating anywhere on this resource though.
  7. James Seth Lynch

Its a shotgun...Thats barely going to make a difference.
  8. Achmed20

the mauler (semi auto, fast reload) has a tighter cone. thats like 5m extra and you can kill people at 15m better then with the full auto one.
  9. joshua

Key differences are:
    • Barrage has a spread of 3 degrees and the fastest reload.
    • Haymaker has a spread of 3.5 & two extra ammo per mag.
    • Nighthawk has a spread of 4, the fastest rate of fire, and the longest reload time.

All 3 factions follow this same basic weapon spread.
    • Up x 4
  10. Arreo

Thank you Joshua, I know that this information was available in the google doc, but thanks for taking the time to let us know. It means more coming for the devs. :)
  11. Skiptis

12. Ghoest

COF is not spread and there is no reason you should have wondered if it was.

COF on shot guns determines the center of the pattern(not the shots in any given pattern are randomly distributed and may be un even.).
  13. Hoki

Will pump actions OHK?
  14. Shredthewolf

Next question, is that .5 degree of spread enough to completely change what I should expect from my shotgun? Or is it negligible?
  15. StormFrog

The person who maintains that spreadsheet doesn't include pellet spread for shotgun type weapons, nor do they give maximum CoF values for any of the guns.
  16. Evilmonky

There are no actual "pump actions" the semi-auto are just that, semi-auto w.o a pump.

But as to your question, no. The semi-auto and the full-auto both have the same shot-to-kill ratio (2head, 1head-1body/body-head, 3 body IIRC) just different fire stats.
  17. Lakora

Pump actions are planned for a future game update... Not sure if it was Feb or Mars.
  18. Evilmonky

Seriously? Lol. That should be interesting. Personally unless they are 1hit body kills then I won't be getting one (and even then I wouldn't since they will last all of 2days un-nerfed) I will stick with my trusty haymaker and SMG.
  19. Blackoth

awesome info, I would like to know if information like this is ever going to be put in the profiles of the weapons so we can more accurately decide on what weapons fit our playstyle instead of a vague description and a bunch of bars?

BTW thanks for taking the time to comment, its nice to see official replys :)
  20. Rhinzual

What about when they're loaded with slug ammo?