What is the best VS SMG

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by NinjaTurtle, May 6, 2013.

1. Astraka

I think you mean Sirius when you speak of best velocity. ;)

Regardless, try them all out before you settle on the best one simply by looking at table stats and TTK.

I know that this seems crazy after looking at the stats, but trust me when I tell you the Armistice is inaccurate as hell - ADS and hipfire (at greater than point blank range). I think it has something to do with the equal pull recoil pattern and its blisteringly high ROF. This accuracy is further weakened if you grab the extended magazine rather than the advanced laser, which widens up the initial COF. If you grab the laser over the magazine upgrade, you'll find those thirty bullets disappear before you can blink - and when dealing with good players in a confrontation this is a death sentence.

When compared to the Blitz with its lower ROF and its right only pull, it is far easier to consistently land shots on target even at ranges which you would not typically think an SMG excels.

I'm not saying that you cannot do well with the Armistice. When ambushing or in a headon confrontation with lesser foes its rapid TTK will serve you well as long as you can aim. But at least on Waterson, where we have many MLG-tier players, you cannot consistently rely on its TTK to gloss over its other glaring flaws. You need a high damage-per-magazine and good accuracy so you can score headshots, categories the Armstice fails in.

I don't think there's any way to conclusively say which SMG is best, as it is all mostly opinion and how each one 'feels'. But when I think back to all of the trouble I had with getting Auraxium on the Armistice & Failstorm, I couldn't possibly say that either one is better than my beloved Blitz.
  2. PastalavistaBB

If I say as a mostly HA playing player, that the Sirius is siriously OP (896 rpm, the highest rpm for any weapon in the game) you should get an idea. It's not very accurate for anything beyond 20-25 meters, but at closer distances than that, you'll move down heavies before they realize what's happening. Especially recommended for the Infiltrator. Get the Advanced Laser Sight and hipfire.
  3. Seyaret

Yeah, I guess I can't say anything definitive, considering I haven't used any of them. For CQC, I usually go for shotgun, which has about zero effect beyond close range. Does anyone know how the NS versions compare?
  4. Rodinvac

I'll have to go with the Sirius: 25rds is justifiable on the Cyclone for it being two-tiers of damage above the 2nd gen SMGs, but not with the Eridani.
  5. Trysaeder

The Sirius and Blitz (both 850 RPM by the way) don't have a faster TTK than any default LMG. I'm sure that as a big, badass heavy, you'd have no problem killing someone with half your HP.
  6. PastalavistaBB

The Sirius is working at 845 rpm at the moment. I could swear that it was 896 rpm. Maybe they changed it with a patch.
  7. Posse

Why would you use the Sirius with a HA when you have the Orion with slightly higher DPS, great for hipfiring too, and MUCH better scaling to mid ranges.