What is the best Engineer Rifle?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by OMPgaming, Dec 19, 2012.

1. OMPgaming

What is the best Engineer Rifle in the game for TR? I just found out how fun the class can be, but am not experienced in their rifles yet and am looking for some advice.

Thanks
  2. Veri

Some say the VX6-7 some say the serpent.
    I am still using the default only with the reflex x2 scope.
    It does the job pretty well IMO.
    Mag size can be an issue though but being an engineer but you should not expect to be in a 1v1 situation often as an engineer.

If you are in a situation where you expect the enemy to be around when you alone, you need mines.
    I have had so many kills just by placing mines around points.
  3. Point

I prefer the Trac-5s due to being able to use under barrel grenade launchers and shotguns. You can also get decent long range accuracy by equipping a compensator and grip.
  4. Talizzar

I use the trac 5 s with the various attachments. I stopped using the grenades because of the bugs. The shotty is ok but the guy you are shooting better be half dead. I use a silencer and can control the recoil pretty well. Soft point ammo helps up close, sucks for long range so I use the plain stuff normally. I wish we could use an assault rifle as I think that would be what I would like.

I have the smoke grenade and the hv/lv sight, My standard sight is a 2x reflex.

I have a lousy aim but getting better. Spray and pray baby! Easy on the trigger and you can burst without going into burst mode.
  5. Afifikas

The best engineer rifle is the repair gun. Upgraded ones.

Or, the default TR Engineer carbine with a grip and reflex sights for CQC is good enough as long as you know when to burst-fire or spray'n'pray the TR way.
  6. perspicacious

TRAC-5S with grenade launcher and reflex, claymores, nanoweave and a maxed out repair gun. You'll dominate. Cap points will be easy by just mining all the entries, the grande launcher gives you an instant kill against any class, nanoweave for the extra HP, maxed out repair gun will fix stuff faster then you can blink.
  7. ThorGOLIATH

Weapon: TRAC-5S, why: underbarrel grenade launcher for kills and smoke for support of advancing infantry or cover for repairing.
    (tip) You can resupply your own underbarrel ammo

Suit: Flak Armor, why: Enables you to eat those proximity mines and grenades thrown on cap points and withstand the dreaded barrage of artillery fire while repairing
  8. KoooZ

Your version of the Eidolon. IT'S AMAZING. SHE'S AMAZING.
  9. Iron Savior

T5-AMC with high velocity, compensator, 3.4x holo sight, and advanced forward grip. Med-range wrecker and still adequate at close range.
    • Up x 1
  10. itzCujo666

I agree with this. I play VS, but your version of our Eidolon would be my advice, but you need to learn how to use it and put some certs in - optic of choice, compensator, (optional) laser sight.
  11. FrothyMug

Your best choice depends on your preferred style of play. The Trac-5 S offers a lot of versatility to different play styles. However, my preference is CQC, so I use the LC2 Lynx. It offers the availability of a level 2 laser sight and soft-point ammo, which is deadly for hipfiring. I find myself hipfiring very often when in close quarters, so this works well for me. I also pack a 3.4x red dot sight for medium range and can fight very effectively using it. You just have to learn the gun's recoil pattern and adjust accordingly. I'm only BR 30, but I already have an Auraxium medal with the LC2.

The default Trac-5 is still a good gun, but if you like to specialize, pick something else.
  12. MorganM

Not sure why nobody has mentioned the Jaguar. I have no personal experience with it but heard many people say its a good choice. So I'm just throwing it out there for consideration; go do some research on it... read some posts... watch some streams / videos...
  13. KoSGunny

As a VS I like the Solstice SF, on paper anyways. I love the Solstice, it works just fine. Now add the Solstice SF's attachments: That thing can use just about every attachment.. Soft point and high velocity ammo, underslung grenade launchers, sights from 1X all the way to 8X, has every barrel attachment and forward rail..

It's a Solstice that really gives you options.

I don't have it unlocked, but my outfit leader swears by it, and with how good the basic Solstice is.. I believe it.

I don't know what the TR equivalent is, but maybe someone does and could mention that.
  14. WerewolfPuppy55

Is there any way for an engineer to equip a assault rifle?
  15. Beltway

the jaguar is the best rifle in my opinion. You can go straight vanilla and have an awesome time with it. If you had to by an attachment for it I would recommend a scope.
  16. Mansen

Personally I have become fond of the Alpha Squad one. It shoots at a slower rate than the default (NC?) rifle. But it packs a punch.
  17. Cyridius

Lynx, Jaguar, or TRAC-5 S(For the Grenade Launcher).

Once you slap a Compensator on the TRAC-5 S you get virtually no recoil, and it's better at range than the other 2. I wouldn't go for it though just for the GL - which is its main selling point to me - because once people start realising Flak Armour is beast mode the GL will become useless except for smoke cover, which I don't consider worth buying the gun for.

The Lynx is all-round better than the Jaguar - higher RPM, less recoil and same damage. I think the COF is SLIGHTLY better on the Jaguar.

I personally prefer the Lynx.
  18. aRtFuL

Not really. The Jaguar has a fair bit less recoil and is more controllable than the Lynx. It is more effective for out of just CQC range, which is what Lynx is really.

Jaguar only lose out ot Lynx by a little bit in CQC, not enough to tell the difference in most cases.

Jaguar I think all-round more flexible than Lynx while being just as good in CQC.
  19. Dakkaface

Seeing as the only 'rifle' available to Engineers is the Battle Rifle, I assume you just mean weapon.

Right now? The -S variants of your empire's main carbine - the TRAC-5S, Gauss Compact S and Solstice SF - they all have access to underbarrel launchers and shotties, as well as having pretty much every single upgrade available to them. They are the most well rounded guns and can be made to do well in every situation, whereas most of the other guns are niche cases that doo slightly better at one thing in tradeoff for doing something else worse..
  20. blzbug

OP: Be sure to do some research before you spend your pesos on the Trac5-S. The gun is riddled with bugs, not just the grenade launcher. After a hair-pulling 2 weeks with the trac5-S, I changed to the regular trac5. Plain-jane was a MUCH more reliable weapon. Yesterday I upgraded (sorry...sidegraded :)) to the Jaguar. It is fantastic! I can kill with great reliability. The only thing I wanted to kill while using the Trac5-S was my mouse.