What if you could buy Nanoweave / ASC / Flack with. SC?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KlyptoK, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Iridar51

I don't see much problem with stuff being purchasable with SC, as long as it doesn't take forever to unlock it with certs... which it does.
  2. Liam23490

Yes, the person with the better AIM - not the person who first uses their AIMBOT. That's what we have right now.

AIM requires skill, aimbot does not.
  3. MotionBlured

Are we talking about the same thing? Ps4 will have aim assist, because it's needed for the less precise controllers. When everyone has the same aim assist, individual skill makes the difference.
  4. Liam23490

Aim assist isn't 100% necessary, it's just that very few people can actually aim with a controller, but I was pretty damn good at it.

The issue I have with the aim assists on console is that people who would not be able to hit you suddenly have a chance to, because the console aims at your chest for them.

You can do the same back to them, yes, but what if you can aim without the assist? That is where it annoys me. I hated that they added the crutch to all of my games so that bad players were automatically bumped up by this crutch.

When Rockstar released Max Payne 3 for the consoles with free aim, you have no idea how happy I was - the down side was that nobody else on the consoles wanted to play without their crutch, so free aim modes died out very quickly.

My point was that if you don't care about this skill crutch, I don't think you can care about suit slots. That's what I think to it, I'm sure there will be various opinions.
  5. Goretzu

That's a definate possible downside, but again I think they've pretty much already crossed that bridge now.

The situation PS2 is in now is like someone claiming they are tea-total because they don't drink whiskey (when they do drink beer, stout, gin, vodka etc.).

So long as they don't make directives SC buyable I can't see the reason not to make the rest now.
    • Up x 1
  6. NC_agent00kevin

Long ago in a galaxy far far away, I was challenged by a Goldeneye 007 'Pro' to a duel in Perfect Dark. I was whooping his a** all over the maps and he started complaining about the auto aim (which Goldeneye had too)

So, I turned it off and proceeded to whoop him even harder.

Good times, and definitely a cool story.