[Suggestion] What if vehicles were actually built instead of spawned ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rusky, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Opticalsnare

Too late now tho as the majority of players are above BR10.

I think they should just remove some of the Vehicle Terminals, keep tanks only available at Bio-Labs, Tech Labs and Amp Stations. Reduced the amount of Aircraft Terminals, leaving landing pads for resupply only or have dedicated air bases.

Players could then

A. Attack High Priority bases that would be spawning enemy aircraft and remove it from the enemy.
    or
    B. Retake an Airbase or Large Base so they can use vehicles themselfs.

It could also improve players defending the larger main bases or air bases, because if they loose it they will loose their vehicle pool.

One downside is that one faction could have a lot more vehicles than the other faction but atm with the zergs i don't think it would be much different than whats happening right now. Just people will be more tempting to protect their bases from enemy attack.
  2. MilitiaMan

I could live with this since it's pretty much what you have to do now with the MBT.
  3. Aeoneth

I wouldn't mind this with one exception, have Warp gate vehicle spawns stay instant. That way a platoon that just logged on or switched continents doesn't have to wait the X time for the galaxy to spawn so they can reinforce the area
  4. EWarren

30 min is probably the window of playtime for some players. The construction idea is very much EVE Online, with more emphasis on strategic planning and real economy than "spawn vehicles and troops to fight wars" - what PS2 is about (rightly or wrongly, it is what it is)

For people wanting to build every gun on a craft, as well as individual modules on the craft, EVE and its manufacturing system is way better designed than PS2, and PS2 system might struggle to come up with something remotely engaging as other games.

Not saying it is a bad idea, just it is a real stretch.
  5. Hydragarium

Thing is "slow building vehicles" doesn't fit the lore. We have nanite like building in the universe - just like the instantly spawning vehicles we see now in the game.
  6. Rusky

Hey maybe the whole vehicle is too complex and you have to spawn pieces instead ;) I'm sure the lore isn't going to be a good enough reason to not make something good for the game. PS2 is all about the gameplay anyway.
  7. Stormlight666

Tech plant supplies weapons or armor playing, Amp Station = electronics or weapons systems.
  8. Autarkis

Sure thing, and I'd love to see the smaller outposts (like the mining operations and depots) get used for something other than lolz.
  9. siiix

it would not work , people would camp out minimizing the window waiting for the vehicle

thats what i would do, and if the time is way out of hand i would just quit playing this game
    • Up x 1