What I think we need...

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by LightningHelix, Dec 8, 2012.

1. LightningHelix

Is not infiltrator radar, medic rifles or magnetism to aircraft. I can promise you that if they gave us that infiltrator trick, within 3 days people would be on the forums saying "this doesn't make us viable for teamplay, it's not effective enough to bother with!", etc etc. Medic rifles are an obvious No, as it would give a class with the best mobility a great weapon at range. There are places snipers simply should not be able to go, and we would be able to. Granted, not true snipers, but you know what I mean. I've heard magnetism to aircraft mentioned and people seemed to like the idea, but it won't happen. It's an entirely new gameplay mechanic that would take ages to implement, would probably be buggy as all hell, and once people could actually do it that would "meh" at how incredibly situational it would be. Not to mention it adds nothing to the "team player" thing people seem to want at all.

So I think what we need is to forget the whole MVP of your faction pipedream and focus on what we really are. We have jetpacks that completely change the game as far as how we maneuver around the battlefield and achieve objectives... does anyone want to give that up? No, didn't think so. Well, being able to go places everyone else can't doesn't exactly lend itself to teamplay, so stop wishing for it. Embrace it.

I want sustainability. I think being able to scavenge ammo would be great. If enemies you kill or assist killing had a little box with the ammo icon (ala sunderer) above it that you had to run up and hod down E for 1-2 seconds to obtain, it would be very helpful when we are behind enemy lines doing our thing. If each drop replenished say 5% of our ammo, we could sustain ourselves to some extent. For me as a shotgun user (Sweeper, 12 rounds / 36 auxiliary) that would translate into 2 rounds per kill basically 2-3 rounds per kill on average. Not every kill drops in an area I can grab the ammo, so while I can theoretically sustain my ammo forever if I miss, waste ammo, or drop targets in killzones I can't run into I will run dry.

To supplement that, I think we should get a second utility slot for carrying medical/regeneration kits along with our C-4. This would compliment our sustainable ammo store well as we now can heal ourselves, granted at the cost of precious infantry points. On that note, I don't know what everyone else's situation is but I am constantly our of IP stocking only flashbangs (75ip) and C4 (100ip). Adding regeneration kits would further stretch my reserves, making it pretty hard to constantly spam all these different items and become "OP".

So basically we would have a gimped version of medic and engineer abilities, which makes sense because a lot of the time we aren't anywhere near these guys. Other classes get the benefit of these classes while they are clustered around a door or hiding behind rocks taking potshots, but not us. We are in the air, flanking and dropping into windows to clear out the sniper nests our teammates are shooting at in vain. These are just my thoughts on how to realistically make LA a little more viable and catering to our strengths.

TL;DR Quit ********, we can fly and no one else can. We're not designed to be "team players" so give us sustainability in the form of ammo scavenge and another utility slot for regen packs so we can sustain ourselves to an extent behind enemy lines long enough to be useful to the bulk of our team.
  2. Dawnstrider

Personally I think the LA needs some form of tool for Misdirecting the enemy, we're already designed to be hit and run style characters.

Maybe a plantable device that feeds misinformation to nearby enemies (fake markers on the mini map, simulated faction gunfire etc) our ability to get to places other classes can't and getting behind enemy lines means we could plant it to lead or distract the enemy from the main attacking force. We could get points of enemies killed while affected by the device or something.

Or even something that prevents enemies from spotting? A HUD negating grenade? Hologram Generator (although the hologram doesn't really help teammates)
  3. Iridar51

Nope, we can't have enemies drop ammo, because it will solve ammo problem.
    We can't have both C4 and medkits.

Class SUPPOSED to have weaknesses. Ours is limited payload and ammunition.
    We're supposed to be hit and run, meaning hit enemy and run TO ALLIES, for medical treatment and restocking on ammo and supplies.
    LA, as any class, should not be an army of one. We must have problems in order to be balanced.

As for misdirecting, we already can do that on small scale with individual enemies or small groups. Kill/hurt one by firing from one corner of the bulding, jetpack on roof, run to other side, shoot in the back pursuing enemy. Misdirecting complete.

Guys, you all wishing for buffs for LA must realise - Jet pack can only lift as much weight, we can't have heavier guns, we can't bring double amount of ammo, we can't magically hapen to find ammo behind enemy lines, we can't have C4 and medkit at the same time.
  4. Voidreaperx

I wonder how these threads of "No we're fine stop QQing" can go on when the devs hinted at a buff in the near future for the LA class. Is it fumes? I think assault rifles would work just fine for the LA, as the OP even admitted, they aren't real snipers. Oh and real snipers can, though squad beacon deployment, easily get everywhere a LA can and they actually HAVE sniper rifles. Were exactly are these OP rooftops that a LA can hop onto and not be prone to a dolton 200m in the sky? All an assault rifle would do is allow for the LA class to have a less-aggresive mid-range weapon than the carbine's high-risk high-reward CQC playstyle.
    Teamplay wise I still scratch my head at what people want the LA to be, though. People demand they have easy xp cookies like healing allies or dropping ammo, but the whole point of the jetpack is to remove yourself away from the mass and be more of a flanker. I can't think of any cookies to give...maybe having c4 would work on gens again? That was fun.