What has happened to the stalker cloak?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sze wee, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Sze wee

When back to being a stalker infiltrator and i could not help it but notice how players can easily see me in deep cloak. Months ago players have to specifically stare at the area to pick up distortion,now people dont even need to try. I've also noticed the visiblity of the gun in first person has both a bug and change. The bug can easily cause the secondary weapon not to go into deep cloak,the change is that it has now became very obvious even in deep cloak. Obvious to the fact even enemies 50m plus are able to see.
    • Up x 1
  2. AngusPrime

I share this issue, however I'm having it both ways as I'm spotted nearly instantaneously but I know why as any time I see any other stalker cloaker no matter how deep the cloak I can see them from at least 20m away, somethings wrong for sure.
    • Up x 2
  3. Korban

I think the cloaked head bug is back again on the stalker? It is one of the reason why most enemies can "see" you. This is just a speculation.
  4. MarkAntony

they did a cloaking pass to make cloak equally visible on all graphics settings. idiots that they are they did it by increasing visibility across the board...
    • Up x 1
  5. Jawarisin

No, it's completely different. On low it used to be a shadow. Now it's also light distortion.

It was always easy to see on high, but it does seem like they also increased visibility.
  6. Mahaut

Just yesterday, an enemy contacted me right after he killed me. I was in deep cloak, but he told me he clearly saw the distortion around my helmet (I was wearing Ifrit), described it as a floating translucent ball. Was nice of him to point it out. So, yeah, we may be bugged again (was that even really removed?).

That aside, maybe you were playing stalker before the cloak pass? It's been a few months now, but a lot of people started having an easier time spotting cloakers after that.
    • Up x 1
  7. MarkAntony

I think you are missing a piece in that timeline of yours. First it was a shadow like you said. Then they were completely invisible on low for months. Then they did another pass a few months ago. Like you said it was always easy to see on high. But now it is stupidly easy to see on any setting. And I haven't even mentioned the myriad of cloaking bugs. (weapon and head sometimes stay in the most visible state even while crouching, reloading sometimes break cloak and everything else over the years.)

In any case it is kind of effed up now. At least in my opinion.
  8. Skiptrace

Cloaking in this game has always been really screwy. They should just stop screwing around and just make it pure 100% invisibility, that would stop the myriad of complaints and issues with cloaking. Sure, it might be OP, but what ISN'T OP in this game? Oh, right CLOAK. In fact, I think next to Fractures, cloaking is one of the most useless things in this game.
  9. MisterSlim

Calling the cloak useless is the same as calling the LA's jumpjets or the HA's overshield useless. They all have their time and place, but they are all highly versatile. I don't play as LA or HA (or anything besides cloaker 96%-97% of the time) because they cater to a playstyle that doesn't synergize well with me. As a competitive long-range shooter IRL, naturally an in-game longarm is going to feel more comfortable to me than a LMG. That doesn't make the LMG less effective than the longarm, it just makes it more effective at different things. I'm god-awful at triggering the overshield, but does that make it useless? Far from it. I might look at the HA class and say "I can't use it well, so it's useless", but that isn't true. I know it isn't true because I can look at my squadmates that are absolutely wrecking with the HA shield. The same thing applies to the different cloaks (I'm probably the only guy I know that uses Nano Armor Cloak for long range sniping, and Hunter Cloak for up-close encounters, rather than vice versa) and even armor (I fail hard at Valk piloting, yet we have a squad in GOTR that is dedicated to it, and they are downright lethal).

Rather than saying "This is underpowered", try saying "This doesn't suit me well". There are lots of us that make much use out of the cloaks (of every type). I love stalking from time to time (I used to love it a lot more, before I really started getting good at sniping, the Hunter QCX was even my first auraxium medal). I admit it isn't free of bugs, but basing something on something that isn't an intended feature (a bug) is a bit fallacious.

My Two Cents anyways.
    -Stay Fr0sty
  10. Magma52

Definitely being seen wayy more often in deep cloak during the past week. I have sunk enormous hours into Stalker cloak. I am fully experienced in using it and I know when something is off.

Sometimes it is totally normal (players will only see you if they walk into you/get very, very close) but other times they will see me from over 5m away. That never, ever happened before. Either it is bugged sporadically or they have ninja nerfed the Stalker cloak.
  11. Jawarisin

I simply disgree with this part. I only died once to a valk, but it was me (lib) and my gunner, vanu had a zaps squad with 2 libs 1(or 2) esf and 1 valk. I'm still getting **** about getting finished off by the valk over a week later; that's how bad the things are :/

Though the cloak is way crappier than what it should be right now. In movement, you might as well not be cloaked anywhere within 50m unless you're in deep cloak.

The heavy shield, in contrast, is an instant 700 hp boost. Doesn't matter when you activate it, it's basically an I-Win button. I've personnally made peace with it for a while, been in the game long enough and most heavy players aren't good enough to make problems anways. But the fact is still that its a whole lot stronger than the infiltrator cloak in most situations.
  12. MisterSlim

I don't see them as air-to-air fighters, or fighters at all. They just pale compared to all other aircraft when it comes to killing other aircraft. Our valk squad's primary goal is actually to eliminate sunderers (carrying a few LAs to drop down and wreck them and a couple Engis to keep it alive) and to provide information without being noticed. They are surprisingly effective at what they do, and with a good pilot, they can keep up a wicked AMS streak.
  13. Jawarisin

Point is there, they are indeed good dropships.
  14. Skiptrace

My problem is, I'm generally a good "Stalker" player in most other FPS games, i tend to roll Spy in TF2 (though, after the removal of useful Set Bonuses, I can't even begin to play the game again...) or in games that allow me to pick "stealthy" perks like in CoD, I tend to use them. I like to sneak up to my targets, and take them out how I like to. Same for my MMO's, If i can Stealth, I tend to play those classes. So, to say it's Underpowered is completely right for me, because I play those classes in other games. I roll LA and HA in this game BECAUSE of the Underpowered cloak, it deters me from a class I normally love! And it pisses me off! I'm used to the Spy's cloak that is in-fallable unless you stand in a walk-way and get bumped into, or the MMO cloak that only shows when close to your target, and it is my main deterrance from playing Infiltrator. If infiltrators had a similar cloak type to the Deadringer in TF2, my KDR would be like double or triple what it is. Or even if cloak was 100% Invisibility, my LA would be shelved for my Stalker Cloak Infiltrator (also would be shelved if the Crossbow wasn't 1k Certs... because Crossbow rocks)
  15. TheKhopesh

Yeah, the deep cloak is pathetically easy to spot, and has been since about September 2014.
  16. Amouris

^ You, sig too big.
    • Up x 1
  17. MisterSlim

Maybe yours it too small 0.0
    • Up x 1
  18. Amouris

It's how I use it that matters ;)
    • Up x 1
  19. MisterSlim

Well played sir.. Well played..
  20. Vorpal_Spork

That's definitely a bug. A couple of days ago I was messing around on infiltrator and some NC guy bumped right into me.

It's like 50 times the size of your post. A sig should be 200 pixels tall at most.