What happened to the Forwards Station?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Demigan, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Demigan

One of the better development for battle flow in years, and it's simply gone from the testserver and from everyone's minds? What happened to it? Is it still going to happen? Any dev's who have any reasoning as to why it would be a bad idea?
  2. Armcross

Just shrink no build zone a bit and I can build my bas as forward base like those in Planetside 1.
    Maybe they are rethinking it to be like on cinematics.
  3. Demigan

That's only remotely the same as what the FS's would do. An FS would allow Medics to directly push the frontline, no matter if they are attacker or defender, and allow for easier breaking through spawncamping and setting up alternative lines of approach for both attackers and defenders to shut down the opposition. It also reduces the impact of Sunderer destruction, a common complaint in the community.

So what's the deal? Where did it go? It's a wonderful tool to improve the game's battleflow by introducing a secondary objective to both maintain and attack depending on which side you are on and allowing players a more free approach to attacking bases instead of the almost hardspawns of Sunderer garages and the hardspawns of spawnbunkers.
  4. Liewec123

i'm actually quite glad it has been shelved, they were going to remove defensive sunderer deployment and replace it with these, these are much easier for a zerg to destroy, plus it will mean the zerg can spawn inside of your base...

that being said, i wouldn't mind seeing these return as long as:
    • the devs dont remove the ability to deploy a sunderer in allied bases.
    • the enemies CAN'T deploy them in the no deployzone of your base.
    • allies CAN deploy them in the no deploy zone of your base.
    :D
    • Up x 1
  5. Demigan

I would rather have them remove defensive Sunderers in return for FS's. But this is probably a better solution.
  6. Liewec123

i find that when a bunch of randoms are getting zerged, a well placed shield sunderer is the only thing that saves the day.

there have been times were my sundy made the difference in allowing us to knock back 60%+ overpop zergfits,
    crashing against our base like a wave against a stone wall and being repelled. :)

i don't think FS would have the same effect, they're far too squishy (and also don't give you 2 strong topguns) :D

though FS would be cool to make fights last longer once the attackers sundies get destroyed :)
    (aslong as they're outside of the nodeploy zone)
  7. Demigan

Yes, the defensive Sunderer would disappear. But in return the game would suddenly have a secondary objective to take out. Medics would have a far more important role in pushing the frontline and creating alternative attack routes while Infiltrators and LA's would suddenly have a far more central role in the game by removing these FS's. That's why I wouldn't mind having the defensive Sunderer removed in return for the FS. But why trade at all if they can just add an FS and leave the Sunderer untouched?
    • Up x 1
  8. Liewec123

best of both worlds! :D
    it does suck when the attackers sundies are destroyed and the fight dies, with FS the fight could go on far longer :)
  9. Ziggurat8

Why have a med tool to revive players if they can just respawn in the same building? MAX revives? KDR whoring?

It really seems like it would take a massive **** on the medic class as a support unit. Just toss out your FS then play medium assault, unless someone else has a FS... Then you might as well pick a different class.

Unless you want to change the med tool completely the FS would make it mostly obsolete.

My 2 cents.

I wonder why the devs have removed it though. I doubt it's for the reasons I stated.
  10. TR5L4Y3R

i read that as "my 2 certs"