What happened to the ES buggies?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheMish, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Pikachu

NS Camera Guided Liberator Bubble gun
    [IMG]

NS Radiation Bomb Bubble Gun
    [IMG]

NS LG40 Vulcan Liberator Bellygun
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    PS4 Amerish special sky
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Coaxial machine guns
    [IMG]
    Vanu buggy interior
    [IMG]
    Sunderer 1st person gunport
    [IMG]

Fleet carrier

Hacked vehicle
    [IMG]

Colossus NS tank single cannon, double cannon
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Interlink facility
    [IMG]

MAX flamers and grenade launchers and old rectangular NC MAX shield.

Flamers in beta

I could not find the picture with area data for Searhus. It looks like a black picture with lots of circles on it. Determining base capture distances etc.
    • Up x 5
  2. Pikachu

[IMG]

[IMG]

VS specific orbital strike

[IMG]

NC railcannon and TR quad cannon
    [IMG]

Reaver railgun and prowler artillery AP gun.

[IMG][IMG]

Flash rocket launchers
    https://youtu.be/1mZPglYyRr0
    https://youtu.be/yrrHtS50jUg
    https://youtu.be/MV5HNlPoHXY

ESF rail guns and miniguns
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH-wGsPYb1Y

Flash PPA
    [IMG]

Flash minigun, it's obvious that the devs intended flash update to have ES weapons instead of an NS shotgun. The shotgun even looks like a scaled down airhammer.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Searhus props
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Nexus battle island
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Experimentation with new battle islands
    [IMG][IMG]

[IMG]

l
    Rain and volumetric clouds.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  3. Pikachu

MAX melee weapons
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. LaughingDead

So what you're telling me, is that tanto, the tomoe,all the nsx weapons, questionable balance changes took precedence over any one of these things? Seems I have made mistakes here.
  5. Pikachu

Don't know. This stuff is a mixture of beta, work in progress prototypes, old abandoned PTS stuff, data mining and sneak peak.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. TheMish

Oh my god....I don't even know what to say...this is a tragedy, this is something that's worth crying over.

This is like...the 9/11 of video games. To know that stuff is there, but it's not in the game.

Do you know why this stuff isn't here? I mean if they built all this stuff...then WHY!?!?!?
  7. TheMish

Seems so, whoever is behind this NS stuff deserves to be chucked out of a window by the CEO, I can't believe this is what they tossed aside in favor of stupid NS weapons. You see now why NS is a cancer on the game? Why it should be replaced? Jesus, I didn't think it was this bad until Pikachu showed us this. My god....
  8. Pikachu

I think this is the main factor. Started at 24000, now 4000. Then there's the closed China and Korea servers which probably aren't in the stats.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/218230

But keep in mind a lot of that stuff are things they scrapped because it didn't turn out good, some of it remaining in the files. Flamers were first scrapped because of performance issues, then during second try they realized that flamers are almost identical to auto shotguns in function so they waited until they could add a burn mechanic... which never happened. Weather effects were pure experimental.

Last info we got about battle islands.

• Up x 1
  9. TheMish

Isn't that typical of many games like this though? Where it starts with a massive amount of people, then it slowly goes down to a steady number?

In any case, what's this about the Chinese and Korean servers?
  10. Drasilov

They only make stuff that sells. If it doesnt sell they dont make it.

I played EQ2 for years. Was the same there. Anything that added to the game but didnt make money got dropped. Its all down to bean counters and suits. I lost count of all the cool stuff that was coming for EQ2 and all of it got dropped in the end. it got to the point where it wasnt worth caring what was announced because it was guaranteed to be cancelled or it was "too hard".

I mean I see physics still hasn't come back - again because it doesnt make money and its too hard. Sorry to be cynical but I saw EQ2 go straight downhill as soon as micro-transactions came in.
  11. TheMish

Well I'd imagine adding content that rakes in alot of players would bring more money.

Maybe the devs haven't got the slightest clue of what to do?
  12. Pikachu

I mentioned those because I don't think they are part of the steam stats. And they are both closed, showing how the game is losing players.
  13. Pikachu

Some graphs for steam multiplayer games. PS2 has a smooth downward trend. Other games are bumpy and and some have more players now then when released. Know that most PS2 players don't play through steam. Same goes for War Thunder. In game you can see how many War Thunder players are online and how many battles there are going on, the game peaks at 75k players online.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. TheMish

Looks like they need to actually start MAKING content, instead of sitting there releasing crappy NS weapons with stupid skins.

I hope they do something, I really like this game, this is a game with incredible potential, and the devs are doing nothing with it.
  15. Pikachu

The funny thing about PS2's pop is that there's an inverse correlation between the quality of the game and the number of players. All problems we have today where 10x higher in the far past. "Don't play on a patch day, don't buy new stuff until the next game update." Etc.
    • Up x 2
  16. OldCuban

Guys, stop stressing over something we have zero control over.

SOE was purchased by an investment firm. Going forward they're going to milk PS2 and any remaining SOE titles for as much as they can for as little investment on their end as they can. Don't ever expect them to implement any of the content they've mentioned over the years. All the passionate devs that fought to make this game great are ALL GONE! The only thing they'll add is anything that is guaranteed to give them some kind of added income that already uses in game resources that don't require any significant amount of change to the existing code.

Enjoy the game while it's still around.
    • Up x 1
  17. Moz

Sorry bud thats just rubbish....
  18. TheMish

Prove me wrong. We have three competing factions, one is a now stellar empire that's existed for hundreds of years, one is a massive rebellion of freedom fighters, mercenaries, and corporations, born from that empire, and the last one is an technologically superior cult of Transhumanists.

And you mean to tell me all of these guys are too stupid to design anything for themselves beyond their infantry, and two vehicles?

The several hundred year old Empire has only managed to create infantry armor, a bunch of gun types, a tank, and a fighter?

The massive rebellion born from that empire, with many former loyalists, are also only able to make a tank, some infantry armor, some gun types, and a fighter?

What about the army of Transhumanists? A Transhuman would be a demigod compared to a normal human, yet they have the same problem? Only 2 vehicles and some infantry equipment? Granted that they are advanced designs?

It's dev justified laziness, pure and simple, and there's no way around that.
  19. TheMish

If that was true though, why would they make the construction system? I mean that took alot of time and resources didn't it?