What happened to nights?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gammit, Dec 26, 2012.

1. ToggleSwitch

1) Regarding the flashlight, I was agreeing with your 1st point in respect to using a flashlight in BF3. Obviously, flashlights work better in CQ's than out in the open but never-the-less... I see you just want to argue.

2) Erm, yes we have the IRNV scope (which I use quite extensively) in the game . What other obvious element of the game are you going to point out?
  2. CobraBoss

1) You said that you had to know when to turn it on or not , i guess when its dark and you need to see , what other obvious element about it can you bring.

2) Well there is no goggles and like someone posted before he didnt think about it until i mentioned it maybe you needed to know aswell that you had the option.

Dont be mad arguing is good to refine a point of view.
  3. ToggleSwitch

I can see how my statement "Just need to know when to turn the flash light on and off" can be interpreted as a reference to my self. It wasn't. So let me clarify: Those who DO use flashlights in PS2 (I don't) need to know when turn them on and off. Hope that clears it up for ya... eh?

What else can I help you with? how about your grammar?
  4. CobraBoss

lol ..
    Your poor mind is desperate , dont attack my grammar ...
  5. Albastern

Unlikely that this will ever happen. It was mentioned many times during alpha/beta. Would like an option to remove headlights completely from my vehicles so i do not have to turn them off every time.
  6. Hashi

no **** sherlock.
  7. Meurtos

Error 457: Sarcasm Not Found.

Then why suggest it?
  8. Hashi

Because, the OP seems to not have noticed that it wasn't the night that was nerfed but the optics.
  9. Hashi

Yes, please, give the VS another advantage. By all means.
  10. Gammit

To both this and the VS would have the advantage person:

nothing was advantageous beyond IRV and lights. Night used to be so dark, it didn't matter the color your uniform was.
  11. wowie

Alright, Mister Negative... did you read the part where I suggested draining color from nights so that everyone is hard to see?
    What about the part later in the thread where I said that if this were to happen they'd need to give out some free camos just to keep the game balanced during the night?;)

Edit: looks like my post got hit by forum ninjas, lol.

Edit2: Maybe even free flashlights and/or NV too so that new players aren't shafted.
  12. Chiss

+1

I never got to play during the dark nights. They look amazing. Whole new style of gameplay.

WOOOOW;
  13. Brainpan

It's supposse to be darker? All I knew was that it was dim, but still bright enough to see... and turn off your headlights when in a vehicle so you are a little harder to see as you drive around. If the night was darker, it would justify using lights to see. Right now it's "move in the shadows, if you can, to try and catch an unwary guy offguard" and "if you see a dark spot in the shadows move, shoot it."
  14. BlacKnight

15. MarlboroMan-E

I never bother with my IRNV scope anymore.
  16. Rivenshield

They haven't put in clouds and dynamic weather and what-have-you yet. When the moon goes behind a cloud, we'll get the pitch-black nights we hanker after... at least part of the time.
  17. Gammit

Exactly! That video is what I want! Even if they didn't last more than 20 minutes, at least it would change things up.