what exactly does TR excel at?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleech, Mar 15, 2015.

1. ATRA_Wampa-One

The TRV, Lynx, MSW-R, TORQ, CARV, MCG, and Armistice would like a word with you.
    • Up x 4
  2. Scr1nRusher

TR is really fun to fight & fight as.
  3. omfgweeee

Mini chain gin too. God i hate that weapon..
  4. Tetholin

Oh you mean the chain gun with a slower TTK than the default T9 CARV?

Yeah, so good.
    • Up x 7
  5. vanu123

The fact that anyone thinks a faction is "Hardmode" is silly. On one hand I hear "NC IS HARDMODE" while at the same time people will claim "STOP COPY PASTING EVERYTHING, WHY IS EVERYTHING THE SAME, WE WANT FACTION DIVERSITY!!!!!"
    Forumside can't decide which thing it wants.
  6. wrenched

HA is the bread and butter of Planetside 2.

VS have the best HA weapons.

TR have the worst.
    • Up x 2
  7. Taemien

For starter weapons, they excel at DPS and the magazine size to back it up. VS gets the same DPS overall, but usually almost half the magazine size. But they make up in DPM by being mostly mobile in either ADS speed, hipfire accuracy, and/or reload times. As for NC across the board, they get an advantage in DPM and muzzle velocity. This is a very very simplification of the traits mind you. And notice I didn't even mention bullet drop. :p

Of course with all factions, the line smudges a bit when you start getting sidegrades.

In all actuality the factions are balanced pretty well. I mean it doesn't always show in game due to leadership issues. But every faction has won major events in the past. The factors for winning an event, alert, or base follows these principles:

1. Leadership/Coordination
    2. Personal Skill
    3. Numbers

A Coordinated force is equal to 3 times its number. Meaning a squad is equal to 36 zerglings. Someone who's better than average is equal to at least 2 people, on average. Good people that are coordinated are equal to 4 times their number. And of course all things being even (both sides coordinated, or not...).. the bigger force will probably win. Faction traits are irrelevant unless being used improperly.
  8. Citizen H

The MGC is a perfect example of the situation with TR in microcosm.
    The gun sounds fierce, scares a lot of NC and VS noobs...

Yet, when you actually look at the stats and performance, it's completely mediocre and in line with lower tier guns.

But because it's got an original model that looks beefy and it sounds powerful, it's the bane of the NC/VS even if Orions got twice as many kills.

TR Guns: their best attributes are their sound files and that they have cool-sounding names.
    • Up x 5
  9. DxAdder

Capturing bases and defending them is all that matters in this game.

HA and MAX's make or break this and the TR are in third place in both categories

I don't know the stats but how many server smash's have been won as TR?
  10. Blackbird

Most TR have been saying the same thing for over 2 years . Simple fact in the past the ' People In Charge " would look at a page of data and make changes . They didn't play . They act like they did . Anyone remember the first nerfs to HE barrels ? To many players were be killed by HE rounds so NERF . If they actually played and saw the BR12s standing in front of my tank trying to kill it with a LMG they should have never been a NERF .

TR is called Hard Mode on my server .

Little example .
    If ya have played any length of time in Planetside 2 you have seen the debate on which has the best " Whatever " I will use LMG for example .
    Orion / CARV 9

People make a big deal out of ammo mag amount , simple FACT is it doesn't matter . If you cant survive the first encounter extra mag space doesn't do you any good .( please don't put some stupid extreme amount for example )

The CARV 9 has a bigger Mag.

They both have the same TTK

The Orion has better hip accuracy

So if you are silly enough to believe the larger Mag means something you would say they are even . You would be wrong because the Orion has a hidden benefit not posted on stats page . That's right they don't tell you everything .

The Orion has better ADS movement speed
    When aiming down site the VS HA can move faster .

And this is AFTER the CARV 9 was BUFFED . LOL
    One of the many reasons VS is called Easy Mode .
    • Up x 1
  11. Yuki10

Being red?
  12. Citizen H

This.
    They know they've got it good, that's why they fight so hard to manage PR any time someone calls them on this.

Remember the lesson of the Magrider. First six months of the game people said it was OP. VS swore up and down it was UP. Data showed it was killing the other tanks 4 to 1 and the VS still denied it and it took half a year for even minor adjustments. Hell, they still DO deny this ever happened.
    • Up x 1
  13. pnkdth

This is the exactly the type of stuff I browse the forums for. Players of the same faction, liking and agreeing with each other, who are not content with saying they think certain things are imbalanced. Oh no, VS apparently have PR propaganda machine as well.

Or... Could it be before every single nerf, the faction on the recieving end has opposed it. Why, yes, yes that's exactly how its been. The only exception I can think of is ZOE which even VS players agreed were OP.

The only players who claim any faction is easy/hard mode are bads looking for an excuse to why they keep losing.
  14. Blackbird

Yet another VS protecting his stats . LOL

2 years of the same stuff . LOL
    • Up x 1
  15. Citizen H

When trying to maintain the "VS is not OP" facade, you really shouldn't bring up ZOE. You know, that massively OP VS thing that decimated the game's population that necessitated server mergers and we never really recovered from.
    • Up x 1
  16. asmodraxus

VS have the best HA weapons since when?

VS have 2 LMG's the Orion and the Betelgeuse (3 if we take the SV88 but thats not so good), the others are only so much trash as in under performing pieces of garbage that people only use to grind out the Betelgeuse, anyone complain about the Pulsar LSW recently? Hence the usage of the Orion is quite high, its a bit like the usage of theREpeater, when every other pistol is not so good its stats will be some what higher.

Fancy a nerf to the Repeater as it would need to be compared to the Beamers stats for a fair test? Q4 KPH 17.4 (Beamer) vs 24.8 (Repeater) hmm maybe the Repeater is OP?

Or shall we look at the Prowlers stats vs the Mags q4 KPH 28.8 vs 31.2
    MCG vs Lasher? 35.5 vs 30.1

Oh the reason that the Mag got the nerf at GU2 was quite simple it truly was over performing, except for one minor issue that no one really noticed until after the nerfs.

The Prowler and the Vanguard never used second gunners, whilst the Mags were running with upgraded Sarons at the time so it was 2/2 tanks vs 1/2 tanks. Might be the reason that most of the nerfs got rolled back, that and someone forced Higgles into a Mag to show him how bad they were (also worth noting that those same mag crews on the test server demolished the same OP Mags when switched to the inferior Vanguards/Prowlers, not sure why...).

Rant over.

Hard mode is the faction you are currently playing at the present time, whilst the other 2 empires are easy mode with their OP weapons.

Prowler does the most damage and is OP when running with a 2nd gunner
    Vanguard is OP as does the most damage shot for shot and Has the most armor and the Iwin shield
    Magrider is the most OP as the gunner has the sniper weapon/mag dumping weapon for close up work from hell and it can (in theory) at least avoid some or most of the damage by dodging

NC AI harassers instgib infantry up close
    TR AI harassers almost instagib infantry no so close
    VS AI harassers well they just use NS weapons now... but they used to really dominate with the PPA some time ago, honest....

etc etc
  17. DxAdder

This was the question:
    what exactly does TR excel at?

And the simple answer is the TR excel in no category of weapons that make a difference.
  18. pnkdth

My main is not VS. I'm not trying to hold up any facade, nor do I understand how mentioning ZOE makes any difference. It was nerfed, move on. Can't you guys just go over to VS. Stay there till BR40, and dazzle us with your MLG ready stats. You know, since it is easy mode?
  19. Blackbird

BR 100 TR 3.5 KD
    BR 62 VS 6 KD

Any more comments ?
  20. pnkdth

Which was your first character? What is the infantry/vehicle/MAX kill allocation? Do you play in an outfit on both characters? When did you create your respective characters. I ask because my first character has a ****** KDR compared to my alts.