What do you use your C4 for?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by {joer, Jan 4, 2013.

1. WacKo

2. undeadsapir

lol this comes to show exactly how smart the cry herd is...
    its called a shotgun... all factions have it...
  3. {joer

Ok, so I certed my second brick and ya its worth it, but I'm still annoyed they can't take out a sunderer ;)

I find it underwhelming on infantry targets and trying to get a max to hold still long enough is a issue, but I blew up a lot of the mag zerg yesterday with it so its worth it right there.
  4. Kapernum

lol vanu reply. That doesn't look like a shotgun to me. Zero recoil, epic range, sick damage, 30 rounds, decent rof. MUST BE SHOTGUN. I'm referring to the two videos posted of course. Not sure what the **** you're talking about. Then again, you're vanu.
  5. wrenched

worst reply ever

At range, that gun is seriously OP though
  6. {joer

I have been giving the shotgun a try and sometimes its the one, and sometimes its my jaguar. Any gun is OP when you have surprise and better skill. While I've made a ton of kills with a shotgun lately (and I caved in and tried it) I've rarely been killed by one.
  7. Enter Name Here

It's not a shotgun. It's the Solstice SF with an underbarrel grenade launcher. The Solstice SF is a slightly worse version of the default VS carbine with underbarrel attachments and both ammo types available making for a lot of options. All factions have a similar weapon: TRAC-5 S for TR and Gauss Compact S for NC.

As for the accuracy he has with it, he is apparently a very good shot as my experiences with it aren't nearly as effective. If you want to know how good it is just make a quick VS alt(which you can delete later if you so choose) because for basic shooting purposes it's the default carbine(Solstice) just with extra cert and fire mode options with a slight nerf to reload speed, recoil(though first shot multiplier is a little better apparently), and rate of fire to compensate.
  8. undeadsapir

well, there were 2 vids, 1 with a shotgun and with with the SF.. i just assumed he ment the shotgun cuz i never understood why people complain about the solstice... all light assault default weapons are amazing... heck i had a 3.6 K/D for like 2 hours of gameplay on a fresh NC i started and played LA only...
    just didnt mention it anywhere cause that just causes flame wars.
    and no, the SF/S variants are in no way worse versions of the default ones... the only differences are that you can burst fire while still being able to single and auto, and that they have almost all of the possible weapon attachments
  9. Tytanium777

I've also heard you can get a few people to stick their C4 on your Flash and just drive into an enemy ANYTHING and then BOOM! I need to do that with my friends sometime. If they were ever on... That'd be a HELLA fun!
  10. gregfox89

Doesn't really look suspicious. Just good aim and recoil control
  11. NeverSayDie

You can do this quite effectively yourself as an infiltrator, I've recently learned - C4 persists after class changes. Go LA (or engineer), stick two bricks of C4 to your Wraith-enabled Flash, switch back to inflitrator, cloak, drive off into the sunset and C4 the moon. I don't think the collision damage will be enough to blow the Flash/set off the C4 though - a Fury fired point blank into the side of a vehicle should do the trick.
  12. NeverSayDie

Just for anyone reading this thread now and trying to get this to work - they removed that feature/bug a few patches back.
    • Up x 1
  13. SevenTwo

I usually use C4 to blow myself up accidentally instead of my target.

Or I use it to waste 100 resources because whatever I was trying to destroy drove/ran off.

Or I drop my C4 and someone blows it up with explosive splash damage taking me with it.

Sooo... Good times. Best certs I've ever spent. :rolleyes: