What do you use your C4 for?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by {joer, Jan 4, 2013.

1. {joer

I find my medkits far more useful on my LA than C4 has ever been, and I assume I'm not using it right based on how many "C4 is great" posts I've read.

The problem I have with C4 is that two won't kill a sunderer. I play an engineer which uses tank mines for that job, but if they were to nerf tank mines the engineer can easily carry 3 C4 bricks. (150 certs for another brick if I recall). I could still do my favorite thing in PS and blow things up. On the other hand it takes two C4 to even take out a turret.

You can C4 maxes which works in some circumstances, but with most maxes you are better shooting them at medium range than getting close enough to C4 unless they are unaware of you completely.

So basically whats so great about C4?
  2. {joer

http://3.bp.************/-3435JNMnWcM/UGHZzvhXCmI/AAAAAAAAC14/75OPyKTndOQ/s1600/BenStein+FB.jpg
  3. Pat22

Blowing up tanks, sunderers ( with a little bit of help or a trip to the resupply station ), MAXes ( I once got four MAXes with a single brick of C4, and it was NC scattermaxes which makes it all the more glorious )
    Planting them on aircraft that landed for repairs and waiting for the pilot to take off before detonating for the lulz. Unfortunately Liberators are ridiculously tough, in fact I think they even got buffed. I managed to C4 liberators a few times, the first time, two bricks took out 90% of it's health and every other time after that it only took out half. ( Which is absolutely ridiculous )
    I can also cook my meals with C4.
  4. Ruvan

You can easily kill tanks with C4 solo.

You can kill Sunderers with C4 if you stop said vehicle from being repaired. Unbarreled grenades (and maybe even normal grenades?) help as well since they do a small amount of damage to vehicles.

If you want a guaranteed kill of a Sunderer, go with another Light Assault friend. Therefore, you have 3-4 C4 and can easily blow the Sunderer.

Heavy Assault, Engineers and even maybe MAX units are better than a Light Assault at killing vehicles. The advantage of a Light Assault is that they can use subterfuge to get closer to a vehicle than any of the other classes.
  5. Ruvan

To add a little to my first post, even though I am certed enough in heavy and engineer such that they are better vehicle killers, I regularly use my C4 with Light Assault.

For example, in situations like tower defence it is very useful. Destroying enemy Sunderers is very important as it completely screws the offence. With lots of enemy infantry on the lower levels I stand little chance of getting through as anything but a Light Assault. As Light Assault I can jump off the landing pads with Drifter Jets and sail over everyone's heads to the offending Sunderer. Even if I am alone and the Sunderer is being repaired, all it takes is one extra hit from a rocket, tank or whatever to take it down, hopefully there is an ally nearby to help.

An offensive example, take out the enemy Sunderer inside a tech plant and (if you can) the vehicle terminals as well. If we're talking a large zerg versus large zerg here the very least it will do will allow a lull in the defence such that your infantry can push further in to the tech plant. At most (i.e. when the enemy isn't smart enough to spawn another Sunderer), you have basically won the battle for your team.
  6. Flying Mug

It's the only way you have to take away their metal bawkses. Who wants to hide from tanks when you could be attacking them on foot? Now, if only we had a good way to get at Liberators, we'd really be in business.

Also they make hilarious traps in Biolabs.
  7. Pat22

Two bricks of C4 won't even come close to killing a liberator. I know, for I've had the opportunity to try it a few times.
  8. Skadi

1 tank mine, 1 c4, 2 sets of that = double your mine capabilitys
  9. Jaquio

Distance targeting - I like to set my personal waypoint in a road, so it's a shining beacon for myself. I lay to C4 down on my waypoint and scamper off into the distance. I wait for vehicles to come by, and when they pass through my waypoint, *click*

The beauty of C4 in this regard is letting the enemy flash or lightning go by so you can tag the MBT or sundy behind it. (Few things are as disappointing as laying down two AT mines and then seeing "Flash kill" pop up on your screen later.)
    • Up x 1
  10. Trenyt

Blowing Tanks and Sunderers. Blowing up groups of infantry clustered around a rock. Blowing up those metal monsters otherwise known as MAXes. Laying a trap for people trying to stabilize a generator. Quite a few things to be honest.
  11. monk1junk1

I run a restoration kit on my HA and other classes, and at first I did with the LA too. I dropped it however, because the LA is not supposed to be an endurance soldier, like the HA, but is supposed to be a fast and nimble soldier that gets behind enemy lines, does the damage and then dies/falls back. I found that using the C4 I can allow the LA to become almost a better Anti-vehicle class than my HA, not to mention the fact that you can run into a room crowded with TR, drop a flashbang, drop C4 around the room, die, respawn, pull the trigger and get a huge multi kill. An added bonus is that, given the right gear, LAs can look like baddass drop-shock troopers :p
  12. PartNinja

Little known fact. If you place a C4, and die, the stick stays there. Respawn and press your C4 button and it will explode.

I do this all the time when defending generators, cap points, or assaulting towers and such.
  13. Hoffburger

and

Just a couple quick examples....

Plus, for VS, it's the only way to reliably kill skillsaw noobs in biolabs other than shooting your own tank mine under the MAX.
  14. Kapernum

Holy **** that Vanu weapon is ******* OP.
  15. ArcKnight

it i place C4 on a mine , will it explode when someone sets off the mine ?
  16. Glowcat

Yes

Is it me, or is the way the guy in this video instantly locks onto players he can't even see suspicious?
  17. ArcKnight

your right about that, i find it so funny that an enemy stumble in my trap and gets killed when I'm else where
  18. ArcKnight

it's not you
  19. Hoffburger

Wut? You guys should definitely never watch competitive counter strike. I don't know when I'm "locking on" to people before I see them. Tell me so I can see why you might be confused.
  20. Lakora

OP I can understand why you'd prefer Restoration kit or Medkit whichever is your preference. I had the same thing I normally always ran with Rest kit so I could just continue whatever streak I had... But the more I played the more I always noticed I never had C4 when I sure as hell could of used it...

I'm assaulting a tower, taking a break for a second to grab a coffee. See a Scythe or mossie on the landing pad... I start jetting there and realise as I press my 3/4 (depending on weapon) to bring out C4 that crap I don't have C4 on me but a rest kit...

So in short... Get C4 even if you prefer something else cause you'll miss it when you'll need it.
    • Up x 1