What do you think of the bounty system?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alan Kalane, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Alan Kalane

Personaly I am totaly puzzled on how this is even supposed to work... Or why are they even implementing it...

So you get like what... a search bar where you have to type in the name of the player to be bountied? Or do you have to interact with him via the q context menu?

Anyways they said it will cost Daybreak Cash to place a bounty on someone's head... But what exactly do you gain by doing so? They said that killing the bountied player will give you an XP reward... like every time or just once? For how long does the bounty even last? Can you place bounties on friendlies?

What are the devs even trying to achieve here in terms of gameplay? A separate metagame for stalker infils? If so then this is a terrible idea, it's like the bounty hunters are playing a different game.
  2. CorporationUSA

3. Tamon

Really, DBG?? This is your idea to increase revenue?! How about posting a poll in these forums asking how much players would pay into the bounty system (and please include a "zero" amount as an option)?

A better idea to make money: MAKE YOUR GAME BETTER. Even just making it more like PS1 would be an improvement!
  4. FateJH

According to what I gathered from the Reddit Q&A, the instigator is the person who was killed and the bounty is on his killer.

5. Devildjinn

New business model, its called "pay to grief"
  6. Foxirus

[IMG]

This is how I imagine you will know if someone earned a bounty. You will feel the same rage the one who placed it had when you see it.
  7. Villanuk

This is what i posted on the thread...

I think this a cheap shot of making money, i really dislike this prospect. I dont see what it adds to a game that is all about "team play". It will become a pointless distraction of taking or defending a base.

The fact you have to PAY for this is kinda revolting. If this idea went ahead, which i hope not, then it should be with certs, not cash and take in mind we know what DBG mean by small values.

Again i think its utterly disgusting, a complete disgrace and completely pointless for a "team objective based game "
  8. sebastian oscar post

Now if they replaced the reward "XP" with Daybreak cash....
  9. Iridar51

At first I felt kinda negative about it. But the way they're implementing it seems to be unimpactful and abuse-free, so why not. Some extra spice to this IN NO WAY AN ARENA ARCADE SHOOTER.
  10. \m/SLAYER\m/

well, single kill for unstoppable farmer - it's not enough, i mean - he can pull another vihicle\respan, and what will stop him?
  11. lothbrook

Man you've gotta have some serious rage issues to spend money to do this, lol.
    • Up x 1
  12. Sulsa

Uh we still don't know how it will work so...
    I think it's kinda cool and novel. Doesn't mean I will pay much attention to it.

Big middle finger = I LOLed
  13. Nody

Yea I'm not sure I understand the rage; people who wants to can spend money to incentivise people to kill the guy who killed them (and only the person who killed them) by paying RL cash for it. If you kill said person you get bonus exp; what's the downside exactly? That you can't put a bounty on a guy for free which you can't do now anyway? That you may become "a target" by someone putting a bounty on you (and this is from someone you got the killing blow on only!)? Sorry but you already are.

So all I see is a way for people with free money to spend some extra in game.
    • Up x 1
  14. JojoTheSlayer

I think its supposed to be a DCB credit sink that is going to fail on a macro scale and thereby be a waste of Dev time.
  15. Hatesphere

if they wanted to make this really interesting it should give a percentage of the DBC spent per kill.

say:

spend 100 DBC to place a bounty on player X
    the next 50 people who kill player X get 1 DBC
    the other 50 DBC are sunk back to Day Break

that way its a DBC sink and its also a real incentive system that is worth real in game money to other players.a bounty then might be worth a little push tword earning a camo or weapon across accounts.

that or remove the DBC completely and use a token system to trade for things that you cant get for certs.

either way someone is paying real money for the digital goods.