What do you listen when playing PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Moonheart, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Moonheart

As much as like the VS ingame music, I feel like sometimes to listen something else when playing.
    And there are some good music to match the VS thema around, for exemple, I was yesterday doing a huge-scale battle while listening "Verge of the Total Chaos" and had a really great trip with it.

I was wondering what other could be listening while playing PS2.... tell me, I'm curious :)
  2. Inex

Cloaking sounds.
    The rumble of incoming Liberators.
    Enemy gunfire.
    Enemies not being spotted. :mad:
    Footsteps.
    • Up x 11
  3. DFDelta

The ingame sounds.
    Because if I'd be listening to music that would hamper my situational awareness.
    And if I had no awareness I'd probably have to complain on the forums how everyone else must be cheating for locating me due to sounds or something else like that. :p
    • Up x 3
  4. ZomboWTF

No music when playing, i listen to my Outfit mates swaering at the incredibly high lag and the inability of "randoms" to do things they themself can't bother to do, so it ends up me being the one doing it
    • Up x 1
  5. Bonom Denej

Nothing (appart from my Outfit TeamSpeak).
    No music for me while playing any multiplayer FPS since I'd lose some crucial sound of my environnement that will reduce my situationnal awareness. I also turned off the in game music since the beginning because I find it distracting when close to capturing a base. The volume goes up, you hear less footsteps and *bam* you get shot.
    • Up x 1
  6. I play by many names

The pings of my head shots.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kolbax

All the different versions of 'Forgive Me' and 'My apologies' as the guy who just ran me over in his magrider gets out to revive me..

only to back over me again as he is driving away :mad:
  8. Moonheart

Aww... Alright, seems I'm the only one listening music ^^ (but I still hear the ingame sounds as well, I do not feel it uncompatible, just have to tune the volume correctly on both sources)
  9. Seuchensaal

The sounds of my dying enemies... and my cursing after dying myself. :)
  10. Mitheledh

I listen to the cries of my enemies as I crush them beneath my... ah, who am I kidding? If I'm not playing a medic, I'm playing a sniper.
  11. thenewbie

Most of the time I don't listen to anything, but sometimes I pull up my playlist which is filled with Two Steps From Hell music.
  12. Bindlestiff

Teamspeak and the non game related nonsense that comes with it.
    • Up x 2
  13. Jac70

Infiltrator cloaks, jetpacks, footsteps...
  14. Killshoot1

Rammstein / asche zu asche
    Makes somehow sence when you play a medic :)
  15. ElastaPlast

Planetside 2 and lots of swearing on TS
  16. DrPapaPenguin

Nothing but the game sounds.
  17. Jake the Dog

Red Alert 2 Hell March
    C&C generals music USA battle theme
    Red Alert 3 Soviet March (Im playing TR atm)
    Ace Combat assault horizon dogfight music for flying mossies
  18. Morpholine

The sound of two platoons spawning in all at once, all with grenade bandoleers.
  19. Pikachu

Youtube stuff. Hour long lectures about history or disease or atmospheric phenomenons, random discussions about philosophy or politics or recent social matters, random documentaries about Hitler or spiders or yellowstone supervolcanos, random movie reviews, random ghost programs.
    • Up x 1
  20. \m/SLAYER\m/