what do you expect to see in ps2 by the end of the year?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by soultrax, Apr 4, 2014.

1. soultrax

Well? I'm on the fence regarding this, me and a few friends was talking about what we thought would happen by the end of the year, I can't believe how low there expectations was. I really hope SOE prove them wrong I really do. Do you have low expectations or are you positive about what SOE can achieve before the end of the year and what are you most looking forward too? It has to be continent locking and resource vamp for me.
    • Up x 2
  2. Llaf

Hossin.

PRAYING for battle islands and then eventually continental lettuce.
    • Up x 7
  3. Captain Kid

I think SOE can achieve halving the population in six months time. Putting in more useless annoying crap while not addressing the real issues most notable server performance and the crashes. (and my personal pet peeves smg infiltrators and vehicle spam inside bases coupled with moronic spawn room and base and map design)
    I don't think the game will get better then what we have now sadly enough. Maybe I'm wrong, because I like the new Amerish so they are capable of doing good things.
    • Up x 7
  4. Paski

In specific order:
    1. Resource revamp, it will impact lettuce gameplay and might just add new tactics (ANT run).
    2. Hossin and BI's, it will however spread the player base over more continents (#4 has possible solutions).
    3. PS4 version, not that I'm going to play it but it will be some form of advertisement which is still somewhat behind imo.
    4. Continent locking/Home continent/Better global leadership tools, these depend on the impact the previous ones have on the game
    Some other small stuff:
    • Scope for rocket launchers to be able to see where you aim
    • Implants
    • Be able to see when I've been detected/spotted
    • Fix for decoy nades
    • Straight pull (probable coming "soon")
    • Like quick knife have a quick Ammo drop button
    • Up x 4
  5. Latrodectus

More consistency in the aircraft gameplay on all fronts. I'd also like to see them come up with a way to make lock-ons unnecessary. Admittedly, these two issues pretty much go hand in hand.
    • Up x 1
  6. barunedpat

GM patrolling. Sooner or later they will be forced to bring them back.
    • Up x 4
  7. NovaAustralis

8 months...

TO DO LIST =

- Resource Revamp
    - Hossin
    - Battle islands (Nexus) / continent locking / meta-game
    - Another O:MFG update / physics tuning
    - Galaxy update
    - Squad / Platoon / Company improvements
    - Name Change Token / Server Transfer Token

No pressure SOE! ;)
    • Up x 1
  8. vsae

More blanket nerfs.
    More guns that look the same
    More NS guns that are awesome
    Vehicles unable to kill infantry
    Even more hit detection issues
    More client crashes
    Random hitching after couple next patches
    Overall worse perfomance
    Hossin in october
    Warpgate invulnerability restored - return of the invincible vehicles bug.
    Bug free 64 bit client introduction in december and straight pull bolt about the same time
    Removal of ESF noseguns (this one is too much sarcasm tbh)
    Some other unnecessary and unasked changes to core gameplay mechanics with tonn of bugs added afterwards.
    Operation make faster game 2 in the december when total game perfomance will be unbearable.
    • Up x 9
  9. Latrodectus

Oh, yeah. I guess the thread was titled what you "expect" to see and not what you'd like to see.
    • Up x 4
  10. vsae

Exactly;)
  11. Sen7rygun

• Fix Briggs login server. It's been totally Higby'd right up the Subterranean Nanite Analysis for close to two months now. 30 minute log on times are common at prime time.

• Fix the constant, relentless and rage inspiring crashing, stalling and stuttering. Find that god damn memory leak crash and fix it FFS.

• Fix hit detection, desync and random server wide lag spikes.

• Fix the mission system. Who's idea was it for me to miss out on all relevant area data because the computer wants me to go gallivanting anyway?

• Hossin.

• Continent locking.

• Resource overhaul.

In that order. After that they can do whatever they Higby well like.
    • Up x 3
  12. 3asyD

@soultrax yeah had some good discussion the other night, like I've said I expect to see hossin, battle islands, cont lock and resource vamp but hey I guess we will just have to just wait and see. Trying to stay positive here.
  13. NB88

- Leadership rewards
    - Leadership tools
    - Support class recognition in the stats (so not just that you use the class but actualy helped with repairs/heals wich imo is MORE important then the MLGpr0l33tamagad stats)
    - Hossin
    - New NC Max long range AI weapon (a new "short range" weap for the others)
    - On/off button(s) for missions
    - Replacement for Canister (give us a viable WEAPON please, not this pea shooter, and ofcourse on level with other factions, so not OP or UP)
    - Change to the Phoenix (either range OR maneuverability NOT damage, wich is ok for now)
    - Working x64 client (mind the "working" part)
    - More insentives for people to test/play on the test server (so SOE drops less bugged piles of *ahum* on the live)
    - More options for outfit management (such as allowing more rank types, larger MOTD)
    - Option for MOTD Pop-up for the outfit on log in
    - Server lock, as in 1 character per server (maybe unless your a member AND pay sc to open another slot for that server).
    - Mana AV turret range limit
    - Return of the No-kill zone on warpgate (its a frenzy there sometimes now, and yes i know its "temp" atm)

But yeah this is my list of "hopes".... i say hopes because i doubt we will see most of it, not this year or any other....
    • Up x 3
  14. PhantomPistols

so we all forgot about the flame thrower huh? :eek:
    • Up x 5
  15. Nody

More push for NS weapons accross the board, more balancing by nerfing and a good double exp weekend MIGHT lock one continent by the main faction as people keep on leaving the game.
  16. ohmikkie

PS4 version.
    And no salads.
  17. Bvenged

My 2014 Wishlist

[Meta] - ASAP

- Resource Revamp
    (Provides depth in strategy, much-needed metagame, objectives and purpose for outfits and platoons)

- Intercontinental Lattice
    (Ensured good fights across all continents over time, sense of impact & faction-progression)

- Directives
    (Achievements, player retention and promotes individual player progression)

- Complete Mission System
    (New Player experience, optional linearity, eases leading for non-leaders, encourages balanced fights)

[Outfit/Platoon]
    - Larger Platoons/ Companies
    - Outfit Upgrades (more ranks, progression, recruitment, leaderboards, Camo/ Decals, etc)
    - Draw on Map
    - Leader Comm's Fix
    - More Tools, Rewards & Incentives for Leaders
    - Server-character Migration

[Level Design]
    - New Continent: Hossin
    - New Facility: Interlink Facility
    - New Island: Nexus Battle Island for Linking Continents
    - BioLabs rebuilt from the ground-up
    - Amp Station Overhaul
    - Tech Plant Overhaul
    - Indar Revamp Pt.2 (Designed like Amerish 2014)
    - Esamir Revamp Pt.2 (Designed like Amerish 2014)
    - Sanctuaries after Intercontinental Lattice? (Fits with the abandonment of Warp Gates as a central hub)

[Weapons/Balance/Factions]
    - TR, VS and NC further diversified in sounds & weapon traits
    - Debris > Everything Nerf (Jokes)
    - Tree > Aircraft Nerf (Jokes)
    - Periodic Balance Passes
    - New Vehicle: Heavy MBT
    - Upgrade Pass on most Vehicles/ Classes
    - Vehicle Physics Overhaul/ Fix

[Tech/Misc]
    - 64bit Client stability
    - One last GPU Optimisation Pass
    - Regularly stable patch releases
    - Sustained Server Stability
    - EU/ AUS not getting shafted by Servers
    - EU/ AUS not getting shafted by Player Studio
    - New Platform: PlanetSide 2 on PlayStation 4
    - Saerhus on PTS (A few bases)
    - PTS rewards for Live
    - Recertification Item
    - FNO at a more EU-friendly time on occasion?
    - In-game & Lore-friendly Advertisements for SC & Membership

[End of 2014, going on 2015]
    - Battle Island Instances for Outfit Scrims
    - New Continent: Searhus
    • Up x 5
  18. Aegie

Absence of pop up ads.
    • Up x 2
  19. Niller

Yes.

(I read the title wrong)

I expect to see stuff, good stuff.