What do people enjoy about doing the same thing...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarII, May 3, 2016.

1. DarkStarII

...over, and over, and over again without changing it up now and then?

I've encountered a few people who just do one specific thing and I ask, why, what makes this so enjoyable?
    I for one get either extremely frustrated with what I'm doing or it just gets really stale and boring.
  2. FLHuk

Same with anything... Why do you put on trousers everyday man, try a skirt?

Enjoyment is a personal thing and there's lots of ways to find it. You're only limited by your imagination!

----
    Got bored trying to arax the "insert wep name here"? Ok, I will only shoot VS who have a Z in their names....
    • Up x 1
  3. DarkStarII

Hmmmm....... Now you've got me curious.
  4. Hegeteus

Because no matter how much you practice whatever it is you do, there's still room to improve. At least that's why I kept doing the same things for excessive amounts of time
  5. DragenoidHighLord

I would ask my self why do i play NC and find them to me more suitable then TR or VS,since everybody would think im a nutjob but then i realize i don't really care so i might as well get a challenge.

Why repeat the same thing over and over?You get used to it,becomes part of your daily routine.
  6. Demigan

Because "the same thing" can easily be done in a hundred different ways.

Also, "the same thing" done exactly the same can still result in different situations... Because of the MMO aspect. Other players approach your handling of the game differently, so they provide the versatility.
    Your perspective of "the same thing" also matters a ton here. We've been doing "the same thing" for several years now by shooting players. Yet we still do it, and I bet you still do it too.

And lastly, because you want to get better. How many planetmans have you shot so far...? How many have others shot so far...? You do it because it gets you some enjoyment, and sometimes because you want to get better at it than you were. Learning through repetition, through executing, that's the best way to learn anything.
    • Up x 1
  7. FeralBoy

Not a nutjob at all. >_> ........ <_< ........ >_> ........... -_- ....... psst.....hey buddy...
    I like mullets and freedom too, I'm still NC at heart from PS1....

All my old outfit mates from [PG] Praetorian Guard from PS1 play on the left coast server now, where I have even worse lag.... :(
    for some reason I tried TR during PS2 Beta out of curioosity, and well.... here I still am lol....
    Maybe someday I'll come home....
    Those damn Directives though...

I enjoy the regularity of it. Like a high fiber cereal at breakfast. Or my favorite wool sock at bedtime. It's just fun.... :D