What changes will be made to the NS Baron?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by minhalexus, May 15, 2014.

1. minhalexus

I believe that the NS Baron as it stands now is OP.
    Its a JH variant, but is available to 4 classes - this is what makes it overpowered

It also has access to slugs and has 400 MV, which makes it the best shotgun to use over range.
    It has a buckshot as good as the Jackhammer.

2 possible fixes (only one of them needs to be implemented):-

1) Increase RoF and magazine size, and reduce pellet counts. (making it a 3 shot kill)'

OR

2) Increase spread by 0.5, and restrict it to heavy assault only

Option one is in the case that LAs will be allowed to use this shotgun, therefore it will need a major nerf.

But if its heavy only, then it only needs a minor nerf of increasing the spread by 0.5. It will not be unbalanced considering that it will still have access to slugs.
    So it will be superior than the Jackhammer at range if using slugs, but inferior if it will use buckshot.
  2. Prudentia

Great, so now that it's clear that the Jackhammer is OP can we finally make the Lasher Powerful too?
  3. OddChelsea

A unique weapon that can do something (especially in groups) that no other empire has any sort of equivalent for isn't enough for you? What do you want, a hand carried PPA? **** no. If you want to talk about OP THAT would be it. Stop trying to use it as a solo Rambo and pick up your Orion, in teams it can be very useful.

Anyways on topic I no longer think the Baron is OP, it has a slower RoF and a higher CoF. Same amazing spread as before but still the same bad ammo capacity.
  4. Mystogan

Jackhammer OP? It is just better at range shotgun and that is NC-faction traint in case if Jackhammer and mattocks. In Towers full auto and pumps are better then Jack. Jack is the most all-around shotgun and I as NC dont want to loose it for the sake of pumping money to SOE wallets....

NS shotguns/rifles for MAXes soon?