What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luperza, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anti-Skub

1. Any Biolab
    2. The open field fight between Crossroads/Xenotech/Snake Ravine/Ti Alloys
    3. Indar Comm Array

I hope two follows the format closely enough. It's not really a base as opposed to a area where good fights happen.
  2. Javelin6

1. Esamir Munitions Corp.
    2. LithCorp Secure Mine.
    3. Area between Quartz Ridge Camp/Indar Excavation Site.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kaysee

My top three bases/outposts:
    1. Esamir Munitions Corp
    2. Xenotech Labs
    3. Octagon
  4. Rraymondo316

Esamir Munitions Corp
    Splitpeak Pass
    The Octagon
    • Up x 1
  5. Tommyp2006

1. The Stronghold
    2. The Crown (Old Version)
    3. The Bastion
  6. PanicProne

1. Esamir Munitions Corp
    2. Howling Pass
    3. Splitpeak Pass
    • Up x 1
  7. Vladimer

1. Jaeger's Crossing
    2. Old Crown
    3. The Bastion
    • Up x 1
  8. RedNord

1. Crossroads Watchtower
    2. Saerro Listening Post
    3. Regent Rock Garrison
  9. Gheeta

1. Esamir munitions corp
    2. North point station
    3. Snowshear watchtower
    • Up x 1
  10. SomeRandomGuy

1. East River Sky Station
    2. Splitpeak pass
    3. Mao Tech Plant
    • Up x 1
  11. f0d

1. mekala tech plant
    2. tawrich tech plant
    3. mao tech plant
    • Up x 2
  12. Borusa

1. Crimson Bluff Tower
    2. Freyr Amp Station
    3. I forgot the name, but those twin towers on Esamir, that are connected and you can have a battle on about 3-4 levels.
  13. sauna

1. Esamir Munitions Corp
    2. Crossroads
    3. The Bastion
    • Up x 1
  14. St0mpy

1. Splitpeak Pass
    2. OLD Nott amp
    3. Tumas Tech Plant (including satellites)

Splitpeak is just unique, its hard to get around but thats part of the appeal. The old Nott amp station was an amp station above the others design wise with the broken and snowed up walls and extra end section. I have to give Tumas Tech Plant a mention, ive got so many good memories fighting in the long green space around it I had to give it third.
  15. Dredbr1nger

1. Allatum Bio Farm
    2. Saurva Bio Farm
    3. Rashnu Bio Farm
    • Up x 1
  16. SpaceKing

1. TI Alloys
    2. Jaeger's Crossing
    3. Vanu Archives
    • Up x 1
  17. Sesususes

I generally greatly prefer fights in the open-ground between bases. As a platoon lead when and offense hits a base proper it becomes the time to look at map and find somewhere else. When you reach a base avenues of attack become limited, creative sunderer deployment or tank flanking becomes pointless and it devolves seemingly into 'who can fit most people on the point' or if the capture point is open air 'which faction sets up vehicle camp first'.

Therefore:

For Large Fights:
    1. The road and hill-slope between the Crimson Bluff Tower and The Palisade. The bases themselves I dislike due to vehicle dominance promoting numbers over all else in larger fights, but the ground between the two provides a nice position for an organise defense to take place.
    2. Where the hexes of Chimney Rock Depot, West Pass Watchtower, Moss Basin Mineshaft, and Heyoka Southeast Gate meet. The mountains provide good cover for flanking squads to drop and destroy armour columns from the sides as they engage at the gate. The winding, enclosed roads south-west also allow for ambushes and promote the use of scouts. Would be nicer with a more effective flank path.
    3. Yet more open ground, this time between Quartz Ridge and Indar Excavation. As soon as the fight hits either base you should leave as soon as possible.
    For Med/Small Fights:
    1. J908 Impact Site. A nice base with the option for creativity in it's assault. As soon as the area becomes choked with tanks or unreasonable amounts of air the base breaks however and becomes a place you flee from.
    2. Lithcorp Secure Mine. Interesting ideas with progression. Another base that is horrible to defend against air bombardment however.
    3. Mekala Tech Plant. One of the highest building densities over larger areas. Can make for interesting up-to-platoon fights with small amounts of armour.
  18. vincent-

1. Eisa tech
    2. Crimson Bluff Tower
    3. the Stronghold
  19. vsae

1. Old Crown
    2. Esamir Munitions
    3. Any Biolab
  20. Xtroria

1. Esamir Munitions Corp. (Facility good for massive fights)
    2. Geological Survey Camp (Open ground, long road to the facility, another good for massive fights and tanks)
    3. Mao Tech Plant
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.