"What are you waiting for?" Animation

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zagareth, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Zagareth

WTF? Remove it, its absolutely nervy!! :mad:
    • Up x 1
  2. CaptCran

Yup. Hopefully who ever coded it was like, " why the f_ck are they having me do this and not something more constructive with my time." Every time I hear the noise it creates it throws me off....
  3. Pikachu

4. CaptCran

Really??? I heard it was going to get corrected the 32nd of next month:rolleyes:
  5. Zagareth

Finally I can recall the right word for it: Idle-Animation :confused: ...
    However, did you guys notice that a stalker in deep cloak also idles and looks at his weapon like a stupid idiot? At this point Im not sure if others can see the extra movement of the weapon or if it is only a character animation made for the player. If this makes the stalker more visible, than it is more of a reason to put it OFF

When Im with my Light Assault and Im crouching, waiting for the right moment, looking here and there through my scope, Im noticing an extra twitch when the scope moves to the eye (3.4 scope)

Who ever thought it is a good idea, to take away the 100% control of the character from the player to the game engine :
    NO, IT IS NOT!
    • Up x 1
  6. Eternaloptimist

I hear that ADS while in cloak stops the animation...............
  7. Zagareth

YES, of course, but ADS is something that the enemy DEFINITELY sees of a Stalker - great idea ;)
  8. CaptCran

hate that twitch......... confirmed.
  9. Klondor

Do you all realize that these idle animations are First Person ONLY? So no one will see you in deep cloak when you do them. Stop freaking out.
    • Up x 2
  10. Liewec123

any vid/gif? i haven't noticed this and wanna see XD
    • Up x 2
  11. SquirtAttack

Klondor, this animation is completely unneccessary and a huge distraction! Like others have mentioned, if you are waiting for the right opportunity to strike you don't need the extra distraction of your weapon moving all around. Also, if you have a knife or pistol in hand, it is waving the dang thing up in front of your face like a dang idiot every 12 to 30 seconds, blocking your field of view. As a stalker trying to pinpoint another stalker as you sneak around, it is even more distracting. You look for the slightest movements of a cloaked infiltrator, but with you waving your gun up in front of your face, you can't see half of your field of view. And when cloaked, it makes you think the stalker you are tracking down just encroached in your space.

This animation is very distracting and not necessary. I could understand having idle animation if this was a 3rd person shooter, but this is a 1st person shooter. This needs to be taken out, or made optional.
  12. FateJH

There are first person shooters with idle animations, the first one that comes to my mind being Gordon Freeman playing with a Snark in the original Half-Life.
  13. SquirtAttack

But these "idle animations" are excessive. And should they have them at all? What the heck is the point of it? If it is going to be there, it should be optional. It is just plain silly to have it. Especially the absolutely ridiculous twisting in the air of the pistol and knife.
  14. D.M.B.-681

Let's whine about something miniscule, cus' we don't have a bigger problems, right?
    • Up x 1
  15. Sazukata

Meanwhile, let's accomplish absolutely nothing in our lives because [insert international crisis] needs to be solved. Only look at the big picture and nothing else, amiright?

QoL features are a big deal for player enjoyment. An obstructive idle animation is unnecessary and takes that away. It's okay to talk about small things, because that's what the forums are for.
    • Up x 2
  16. CaptCran

Just to let you know the guy that got the okay to work on this 3 hour code(?) to get the animation right was probably pulled from quality control duties. Maybe not. Just saying maybe... Maybe no. idk nvm g2g
  17. CaptCran

Maybe they can give us an option to pay certs to remove things from the game??? I'd pay 1000 to get ride of the animation.
    • Up x 1
  18. Zagareth

The first FPS that comes to my mind is Duke Nukem

These idle animation in Duke Nukem were quite funny (sounds), but in PS they dont make any sense at all - and if I wanted some humor in this game, there should be a duke nukem voicepack for PS2 with his phrases

Listening to the Duke Nukem Sounds, I would really love to have some of these taunts in PS2 :D
    • Up x 1
  19. CaptCran

Awww yea! Time marker 0:42!
  20. Zagareth

W/o listening again I strongly guess its: "I'll rip off your head and **** down your neck!" :cool: