What are you guys looking forward to in the August update?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Aug 27, 2015.

1. orangejedi829

What? NC's jackhammer was given to everyone in the form of the Baron. The sidearms that should have been NC's, the Commissioner and Underboss (Low ROF, high bullet damage), were given to everyone and NC was instead given a weaker version of the TR repeater for.. some reason. The NS Decimator also steals NC's faction trait (high single projectile damage) and gives it to everyone.
    No, only VS get to keep their special things. They get to keep the unlimited ammo guns, the no-bullet-drop guns, the shoots-around-corners gun, etc. alllll to themselves.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scorpion97

ES AV weapons forsore

Be minded that the LMG changes aren't addressed which means they won't deal with it anymore
  3. Movoza

Wasn't it you who also complaint about this with the swarm? Wasn't it enough to know that there won't be more AV, just more options to choose from? We won't suddenly carry and fire two rocket launchers...

Edit: also, these are more weapons for tanks. Why the long face?
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

looking forward to not being able to drive flash without wraith without getting nuked down by 10 heavies using Swarm ground lock.
    also looking forward to the swarm of bugs. :)
  5. sebastian oscar post

lol,a bird stealing a knife. :D
  6. CrushingThunder

YA MEAN TO THE NS SWARM OF BUGS!

XD
  7. TheRunDown

Less HUD Changes more Content..
    Anyone who's played this game for more than 3 months (2 years in my case) wouldn't want their HUD spammed with a tone of missions and beacon waypoints.. Those are just fodder points and have zero tactical advantages to go there, other than maybe get some free exp if the base is empty, and getting killed over and over at a defence point, which is counter products to helping noobs getting to where they need to go, making the missions system pointless, as well as putting off new players. So I personally hate icon being permanently on the location of where I happen be looking, obscuring my vision.

I want actual updates, new capture points, new capture mechanics, a REK, CCs.. something that isn't DOG PILING!
    A REK wouldn't even be hard to implement in to the game, it goes in the Utility slot.. (where C4 and Med Kits Are), I can only hope when PlanetSide 2.0 comes out, they'll be a whole new area for the Devs to work on and Actualy bring some PlanetSide to PlanetSide 2, and not this CallofBattfle2124Online S&%$ they've been milking for the last 2 years.. even Korean MMOs do a better job at milking games and actually keeping the player base from burning up..

Walking on points to capture them is so battefield and old.. it makes me wonder if even one of the Devs playing PlanetSide 1 and remembers the epic hack and hold scenarios.. nothing is epic in PlanetSide 2.. it's just zerging and dog piling, and free exp farming on objectives points that for SOME Reason only give exp to the ONE GUY who armed it.. and not the SOI.. huh..

Ohh, and the Swarm is nothing but a poor attempt to recycle an old weapon to further milk money from a stone..
    • Up x 1
  8. Vectore

Still waiting to mess up koltyr
  9. Ianneman

0.75ADS nerf, Butcher spi- OH WAIT THE BEST STUFF GOT SCRAPPED
  10. Halo572

Bit of a dead horse flogged to atoms after 3 years and 3 months - game play and objectives?

Not that they are that important obviously, a new weapon for the harrasser to farm infantry in a TDM in a tiny map in a big map with 2002 FPS game play? Now THAT is an update.
  11. Citizen H

The Baron is only a Jackhammer insofar as they're both shotguns. It doesn't infringe on the burst fire, which is the Jackhammers whole trademark. If the Baron had a 2 round burst mode, yeah, it would be slightly more comparable to the situation with the Striker/Swarm.

They didn't release a NC-specific sidearm and then rip it off to make the Commissioner. The Commissioner came FIRST. You did not spend real world money on an NC pistol just for the Commissioner to come along later and do the same thing better.

Do not f---ing cry to me about the Decimator as long as NC is rocking the Phoenix.
    They went out of their way to write brand new code for your launcher which is completely unique from any other launcher in the game, a launcher which lets you kill Sunderes-- on the other side of a hill-- from your spawn room.
    TR got a modified Annihilator clone. Then a half broken Coyote clone. Give me a ******* break.

Make no mistake, the VS are in no way innocent of benefiting from favoritism, but NC's hands are dirty enough they've got no room to complain. TR's faction gimicks are:
    1. Spin-up: so their high ROF guns aren't even high ROF for most of an exchange.
    2. Terrible accuracy and bloom
    3. Lockdown: ie, standing still to give the enemy a better shot at stationary targets.
    Why do all TR's gimmicks HELP the enemy?

I have ZERO sympathy for NC problems in this area. NC were Higby's pet for the first two years of this game. BOTH they and the VS got the cool toys while TR was handed uninspired crap and clones of existing weapon systems. It's TR that's penalized for both damage and accuracy for having "high ROF" guns; high ROF guns that tickle or can't hit anything if you fire them at a high rate. It's TR that drives a Sega Genesis around the battlefield. It's TR that has been posting "our faction needs an overhaul" threads since a couple months after launch that are perennially ignored by the developers.
    • Up x 3
  12. Lightningx

Only think I'm looking forward to is the ANTs and Buildable turrets
  13. ConradHorse

Return INDIRECT DAMAGE to counter ZERGS / POP IMBALANCE
  14. orangejedi829

Huh?
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...on-shotgun-everyone-gets-a-jackhammer.185853/

Doesn't change the fact that NC got a raw deal.

I never said the Phoenix was bad. Just another example of NS getting the weapons that seem like they should have been ES.

TR get:
    - A starter LMG that is basically an Orion with 50 more rounds
    - A Heavy Gun that doesn't have an NS equivalent
    - Dual-minigun and dual-grenade-launching MAXes.
    - Artillery installations for tanks
    - Best pistol in the game as a free starter
    - 909 rpm carbine
    - VULCAN HARASSER
    - CLAYMORE

Sure, the TR gets the shaft in some areas, and so does NC in others. Claiming that TR gets absolutely nothing ever and that the other factions always get everything and never get the short end of the stick EVER just sounds naive and whiny.

Not to mention that there are no statistics I've ever seen that suggest TR equipment is underperforming.