What are you doing to buff LA??

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by LT_Latency, Jan 23, 2015.

1. LT_Latency

If you want to turn LA into another class that has to run screaming into the hills from tanks like (INF) because they don't have the option to even attempt to destroy a tank because they can't hold enough fire power

What buffs are coming to this class WHEN this happens not 6 months after because they will need them??
    • Up x 1
  2. Tetholin

ALL Infantry should run screaming for the hills from a Tank, it's a Tank ffs!

And why does LA need a buff? I play LA quite a lot now and honestly being able to reach high vantage points to shoot from outweighs any other class perk I can really think of.
    • Up x 2
  3. VonStalin

Any tank should run away from the walls or suspicious trees.
    That is your trade off. Deal with it.
  4. OldMaster80

It's true: every class should run from tanks.
    But it's also true there is an outrageous amount of tanks in this game due to the idiotic resources system.

If vehicles were less spammable then buffs would make more sense.
    • Up x 2
  5. Reclaimer77

No. Wrong. You lose right away with that attitude. This isn't WWI where infantry had no AV weapons to deal with tanks.
    • Up x 3
  6. Tetholin

So Tanks shouldn't be used anywhere except the wide open flats of Indar and Esamir? That means:

• No tanks on Hossin, period.
    • No tanks on Amerish, period.
    • No tanks near anything the remotely looks like a base because, you know, walls.
    • No tanks near tech labs.
    • etc
    You get the point. Or do you? Since you seem to think that one of the most abundant and fair tools for destroying vehicles comes from suicide airdropping small packages of explosives outside of the view range of tanks for next to no cost or loss.
  7. LT_Latency

Because that is what makes fighting planes not fun. You know what everyone hates about planes. You don't have the fire power to actually kill them. You wound them while the bomb everyone and they fly behind cover and repair and come back.

With tanks it works and they are fun to fight. Tanks can out run you but if they don't pay attetion or tunnel vision on farming people you can sneak up on them and blow them up. Now they are just like planes. You sneak up on them and wound them they go lololololol repair and keep killing.

There is currently a good risk vs reward with tanks. You already got a turret to spot us if you have bad situation awareness how many crutches do tank drivers need??

Compared to the HA to LA is even weaker now. You might as well just pick HA every time so they need something to bring them up to HA who could actually destroy a tank.
    • Up x 1
  8. VonStalin

Hossin yes. Exception. But if you cant stay safe in Amerish I have nothing nice to tell you...
  9. Tetholin

ESFs fly, Tanks do not. ESFs have boost, speed and 3 dimensions of movement, Tanks do not. Hitting a Tank with HA rockets is probably one of the easiest things to do in PS2.

HAs and Engineers are supposed to be the counter to Vehicles, not LA. Why LA even have access to C4 is even more of a mystery than why Medics carry the stuff.
  10. LT_Latency

The fly but they have less fire power. It just makes more things on the battle field you don't even have a chance of finishing off.

You have NO chance at all against any vehicle anymore. Try to think of it from the point of view of people that play other things. You got a turret to spot people sneaking up on you us it.
  11. Tetholin

Except you will. And I spend more time outside of a Tank than in one, don't use C4 and have absolutely no issue whatsoever with the changes because they actually make sense. I use the Default launcher on my HA and hunt Tanks for fun when I'm bored because it's free Certs and currently MBTs are made of paper.
  12. LT_Latency

LA so to deal with tanks as LA, I play HA. Nice Tip.

I should have thought of that. Part of the post was that there is no reason to not play HA. So if LA suck against every single vehicle in the game.....They should get some boost somewhere else
  13. Tetholin

Certain classes have certain strengths and weaknesses?

THE HORROR :eek:
  14. LT_Latency

/facepalm What is one of the best classes at killing infantry as well.

ProTip : It's HA to.
  15. Joexer

Heavy assault is the class to deal with armor. I wouldn't be suprised if we saw a dumbfire buff coming soon. Also, I'm pretty sure this buff to tanks wasn't directly targeting light assaults, it's targeting C4 as a whole.
  16. LT_Latency

I know but What I am say is this

LA goes from
    AV : Best surprise attacks AI : Decent ambush ability
    to
    AV : Awful ----------------------AI : Decent Ambush ability

HA goes from
    AV : Great AV class -----------AI : Best heads up fighter
    to
    AV : Best AV hands down ---AI : Best heads up fighter
    • Up x 1
  17. Xind

The nerf to C4 isn't a nerf to LA. It's a general nerf that is somewhat poorly conceived. But it is far from Light Assaults only asset in a game where 90% of people don't look up.

Are tanks about to be completely overpowered again? Yes.
    Is Light Assault about to be completely worthless. Hell no.
    • Up x 2
  18. ronjahn

As much as I would have been okay with leaving 2 c4 kills with some adjustments to damage of each brick, the LA still has the potential to set a tank on fire on the cheap. All it takes then is ONE rocket to kill the tank.

If you can't get one friend to time this rocket with your c4 explosion, then I have no sympathy for you. It's called teamwork.

I wouldn't be opposed to giving the LA new tools, but calling them useless or saying they now have no defense and should run to the hills is over the top sensationalism. I'd say setting a tank on fire or killing it if it already took even the tiniest bit of damage is actually holding a ton of power in the hands of one dude with a brick and a button.
  19. Wobulator

It's a huge nerf to LAs because LAs use c4 by far the most. Without it, we have zero AV capability. Medics don't really have this issue because they almost always run with other people, including HAs, and Engis can carry 4 c4
  20. LT_Latency

200 resources and extreme chance of dieing to maybe get an assist??.....I can't wait.

Your just better off being a HA. They get the C4 and the rocket to actually kill the tank.

But i guess the said the HP buff is on hold so don't need to worry about this yet
    • Up x 2