What are the good VS outfits?

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by [CDL]MarkedTarget, Feb 28, 2013.

1. KiddParK

you really are dipping your foot in the pool of most of the Vanu outfits. Be sure to try Quantum as well, they are top notch.
  2. JebusRicecakes

an honor to have VDRS listed among such quality outfits, things are getting much more organized
  3. ({x})Kyoji

VDRS has been kicking it up a notch. Previously I disliked the outfit due to the zergish nature, but I must say it's starting to grow on me a little as they become more and more organized. Keep up the good work. The VS is always looking for more skilled outfits and always looking to add quality outfits to the Vanu Alliance. :)
  4. KiddParK

I know that the VDRS Red platoons are extremely efficient in getting the job done and the fact they still have 1 or 2 other full platoons to follow along is just icing on the cake.

Now if i can just convince Notyourbro to move Via DEPLOY every 15 min, it would rain on Indar Constantly! I'm nagging him and CSPAN in the alliance mumble as much as I dare to do it.

kp
  5. CSPAN

We in VDRS really appreciate the comments, guys. We have been trying to get our organizational structures up to par and it's nice to hear that our efforts have not gone unnoticed.

I can personally vouch for the quality of all Vanu Alliance member-outfits. SENT and XOO are always a welcome sight on the battlefield, and can be trusted to get the job done.
  6. NotYourBro

GAYNESS. So much moving, why why why why why!? =(
  7. Dagonlives

Mar Mar's outfit BoG is pretty good too! If only he would sail off with us into the sunset.
  8. Posse

I don't know about the Waterson original outfits (though from what I read it seems XoO and SENT are the best ones)

From Jaeger I think the best ones would be (aside from BoG, no need to mention it :p) VREV and D3RP
  9. ({x})Kyoji

You can use this to look at outfit stats. If you sort by medium sized outfits, 96 members, the first 3 ranked outfits are Vanu Alliance outfits which is cool. After that is Blackjack, IR, BoG, NCSO, TT6, Bearsnakes, and VDRS at 10th.

6 of 10 are Vanu outfits. You can also sort by lower or higher members depending on what sized outfit you are looking for.

Here is a list of outfits across all servers.
  10. Karneck

For anybody that are in other outfit's that want to join up with a WNx squad for a night or just for joint ops with outfits. Friend add me, hit me up. We'll make it work =)
  11. McLovin35

Lists like these are stupid its only about people bragging about how good they think there outfit is and it is quite pointless. PSU database for outfits seems kinda screwy as I'm pretty sure Maer has kicked just about all of our in actives. Be judged by your enemy's don't be on here boasting about how great you and your friends are.
  12. KiddParK

actually kicking out inactives raises the averages for all the members. It's good to clean house now and then.
  13. ({x})Kyoji

pretty much this.

Even if you included the amount of experience lost XoO runs with 91% activity at the 30 day mark with 150 people versus BoG running with 74% with 137 people. So based on the activity you can see that our roster is quite trimmed as well. I haven't played with BoG a lot yet so I can't comment, but I am sure you guys are a decent bunch.

Besides if you ask any of the original Waterson players they will tell you the same thing as the people in this thread are saying - the Vanu Alliance has always and will always be a dominant *** kicking force. In fact I think I might be able to find a thread or seven with some top TR and NC outfits mentioning the same things. :cool:

Blackjack Torture Club is a great outfit that has given us a lot of good words and help too. If they join the VA then we will have the top 4 spots dominated by the VA. Go us! The scoreboards may not be the most important factor in determining anything relevant for skill, but I guess nothing really does.
  14. Posse

Leaderboard by average XP? Seriously? That's BS, that's only a proxy of how long the members of the outfit played (and probably not even inside the outfit in many cases), it doesn't say anything at all .

The reality is that there's no stat that accurately reflects an outfit's performance, not even the K/D (though it may give bragging rights :D), all the stats are just aggregates of individual performance, they don't imply that an outfit is good or bad, the outfit's performance is more than just the aggregate of its members' performance.
  15. Dagonlives

I can agree with that statement to a point. BRSN has a fairly high KDR/score value for the TR. Once we finish cleaning house (about 20 inactives, but we take our time and have a 5 week rule) We will likely pull ahead of IR.

This KDR is also considering we use the /suicide command an average of 6-12 times per operation, and run 85% of our force as infantry. What does it really mean? I know that I can trust my guys during an official operation (otherwise good luck, we love to f**k around with HTSL) are able to take on most opponents outnumbered 2-1 with only a force of infantry. I know that the average player in BRSN is capable of taking down at least 1, usually 2 opponents before they die. Some of our guys can do it with 3-1 odds.

This KDR is reflective of that capability, but by no means would anyone be aware of it had I not posted in this thread (or they've dealt with it personally). So those stats do play a fairly significant factor in showing the performance of an outfit, but by no means are the only standard by which they should be judged.

Seeing a value like XOs makes me want to fight them more often.

A nearly 1.5 kdr with 90% active playerbase is indicative of a very nasty outfit in terms of the quality of it's players. Score per minute is also a useful method of determining how effective that outfits support classes are, and how often they spent 'stuck in' a fight.

When I look at a chart like this, I want to see SPM, Activity, and KDR to determine my choice of outfit to join. SPM means they get into fights more often and spend less time organizing, Activity means a commited player base, and KDR is a small measure of individual quality. Considering how high XO scores in these values, they are defintely the ideal outft to consider for Vanu Heretic scum.
  16. Posse

I see your point, but the problem is that there are many, and I mean MANY factors that can make your estimation of the quality of an outfit based on those stats biased, for example, if the outfit is infantry based, armor based or air based or any combination of such, or the time the players played in another outfit or soloing before joining their actual outfit, etc.

I prefer to judge the quality of an outfit by qualitative standards, for example, if they are able to defend against overwhelming numbers, or how they perform against outfits that are capable of that. In that sense, I've seen you guys fight overwhelming numbers from our side and giving as a hard time and viceversa (like yesterday when we were against you guys + HSTL, too bad we had to retreat because someone was trying to take Auraxis Firearms).

Of course those qualitative ways of measurement depend on other factors such as the KD (I dont really imagine TRAF or PHX winning or giving a hard time to the opposite force if being outnumbered 2 to 1), but if you just look at the stats, you will arrive to a conclusion that will probably be inaccurate.
  17. Solf

Fantasy Baseball Nerds better get in on this debate...

Whose Outfit has the best WAR, xFIP and ISO?
    • Up x 1
  18. Dagonlives

Hey man THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT!
  19. Rhinzual

That's quite a change in gameplay if you ask me.
  20. Rhinzual

Yeah, I feel that moving every 15 minutes is more The Enclave's thing, or even ODAM here on Waterson.